Theres too many cheap moves in this game!

miiplaywii

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
I love this game, and I am addicted to it but there are a few cheap moves or even glitches like:
Toad can jump over the goalie and walk into the net.
Koopa Troopa can teleport past the golie and walk into the net.
You can lob pass for as long as you want and the only way to intercept it will cost you an item.
Daisy can stun the goalie and make him drop the ball with her explosion.

The problem for me is I don't do any of these moves because they are all cheap and can ruin the match but online some people rely on these moves and it makes them unstoppable.

Do you avoid these moves or do you think they are just part of the game and therefore should be used to their fullest?

They're not cheap, they're strategic. If you want to combat them, use them yourself. I see nothing wrong with teleporting past the goalie or jumping over him.

Wiily Good said:
They're not cheap, they're strategic. If you want to combat them, use them yourself. I see nothing wrong with teleporting past the goalie or jumping over him.
Plus sometimes, when Toad jumps over the Goalie he gets tackled.

I know what you mean, it's really annoying. I especially hate it when people use the hammer bros. and press the arrow buttons anytime a character is near. Its impossible to ram or steal the ball so they can do their special ability whenever they want and the hammer bros. have the best special move of all the sidekicks. Does anyone know how to counter that if you have no powerups?

its part of the game............. its fun.............. you can use it too............ its not annoying. END!!! :)

besides, thats what makes this mario soccer game very special from any other soccer game.

Fredvdp said:
I know what you mean, it's really annoying. I especially hate it when people use the hammer bros. and press the arrow buttons anytime a character is near. Its impossible to ram or steal the ball so they can do their special ability whenever they want and the hammer bros. have the best special move of all the sidekicks. Does anyone know how to counter that if you have no powerups?

Hammer Bros is over used, but he's actually pretty weak once you know how to handle his deke. HB is slow as dirt so have a fast char handle him (My team is Bowser, Toad, Dry Bones and Boo) run along beside him always staying between him and the goal. Don't let him get close to you, if you see him start to charge the ball slide tackle and steal it away from him, if he starts chasing you... switch to a different character and hit him from behind. This works almost every time, and I almost never get hit by HBs skillshot now adays. It sounds complicated but I don't even think when I do it, as long as you don't stand right next to him his deke is useless and he can't take a shot with out it.

As for porting and jumping, yeah it can feel kind of cheap some times but it's pretty hard to do and can be unreliable so I've never had a huge problem with people using it on me. and you don't have to tackle to stop lob-passing, it's just really hard. If you run to the circle where the ball is about to fall and fight to stand in the middle, then hit A at the right moment, you'll intercept and pass to a team mate.

i only use them when someone uses it on me or uses the hammer bros attack like so many time, or birdos dance move, but i can still counter it so its all good

My personal Team is DK, Koopa, Birdo and HB. Almost a team of powerhouse, I know but Koopa is kinda fast to get the ball back from the other team. Tackling is no problem for Birdo and DK and HB is just amazingly powerful with his charge shots and NOT his skillshot.

I get so mad... I mean I know that they are possible to beat, but I just find myself quitting most of the time and just not trying until the next match... Right now I use wario HB DB and Toad... I like my team and I rarely lose unless its against someone who uses the lob passing... especially when they do it for extensive periods like just to waste the clock, it makes me mad, but what can you do... whenever I try lob passing, I get clocked.

sithmagician said:
I rarely lose unless its against someone who uses the lob passing... especially when they do it for extensive periods like just to waste the clock, it makes me mad, but what can you do... whenever I try lob passing, I get clocked.

If you go near the player thats lobbing and press A you can intercept the lob passing. Otherwise just tackle them, you don't normally give up a very good item.

I still can't do any of the tricks I see people do as they score another goal to my 0. Right now 1 win and 26 losses. Most of the time I never even score at all. I just don't get a chance unless they fell asleep or dropped the controls.

The Fifth said:
I still can't do any of the tricks I see people do as they score another goal to my 0. Right now 1 win and 26 losses. Most of the time I never even score at all. I just don't get a chance unless they fell asleep or dropped the controls.

It appears you have the C.R.A.P Problem xD

Back to the OP. They're easy to counter. You obviously have the C.R.A.P Problem too...

miiplaywii said:
Toad can jump over the goalie and walk into the net.

After he does. Have a fast character on hand behind the net to tackle him

miiplaywii said:
Koopa Troopa can teleport past the golie and walk into the net.

You mean Dry Bones? Anyways it's all down to defence don't let him charge the ball and get near you. Easy

miiplaywii said:
You can lob pass for as long as you want and the only way to intercept it will cost you an item.

No, If the passer hasn't got good passing abilities the ball will travel in the air for longer. Giving you extra time to tackle the ball receiver.

miiplaywii said:
Daisy can stun the goalie and make him drop the ball with her explosion.

Fair enough thats not really counterable. Just throw the ball out as soon as your goalie gets it. Or use an off-screen character to knock out Daisy even though she doesn't have the ball :)

Back