Thermal & Assault

Volcarona

The Sun Pokemon
Apr 11, 2011
The great state of Texas!
Wii Online Code
1512-1772-5792-0000
Know what I just learned is a great combo? The Thermal Scope with an assault rifle.
I can picture all of you now going something like :shocked:. Don't worry, I have reason for my claims. But before you go trying this combo, you need to be able to do three things:
1) Know how to hip fire. You don't need to be a pro at it, just know how to handle close-range situations.
2) Be able to survive without ADS snap.
3) Be patient. Even if you fall into the above two, it's difficult to use. Practice makes perfect though...
If you only fall into one, two, or neither category, you might want to avoid this thread. Anyway, now for my reasoning...
Lets say your playing TC in the Jungle. You take up a sniper rifle and pick off a few players. Suddenly you think "Hey, I bet I could get a ton of kills if I ambush the enemy spawn point!" But what's this? Your sniper rifle isn't very suited for such an ambush! If only there was another way!
Well now there is! Introducing the Thermal Scope and Assault Combo! It's suited for anything! Use the scope for long-range, or even medium range situations! And when things get close up, just hip-fire and you'll dominate the map in no time!
...But in all seriousness, it really is suited for any situation. Can't see in the Sewers? No problem. Smoke? Big deal. Snipers? Find them easily and mow them down. Feel like sniping but don't want to end your kill streak to swap loadouts? Simple. Some guy up close? Just hip fire. You should see this baby in the Station.
And the coolest part? Far-away people won't think you're sniping. If you're shooting someone down and some guy a good distance away sees the arrow on the radar, he may not immediately think I'm a sniper, due to hearing the gunshots of an assault rifle. He might think that I was running around the map and took down some unfortunate soul, and just leave it at that. On the other hand, if I was using a sniper rifle, the guy would think "Oh, crap, a sniper! Well, since I know for a fact he's not moving from his position, I'll just walk up and chuck a grenade at him! Free kill!"
I'm still practicing it, but so far it's much more effective than anyone would normally think. Give it a try.

Dude you are a fugging genius u explained it in a way that just blew my mind i think i just had an epimphany i didnt even under stand it but I know whatcha mean

Actually, there's a very simple solution to ambushing people when using a sniper rifle. It's called multi-task. I use a thermal Talon with a Strata secondary. Never have a problem with people trying to get to me or if I want to move and run into a group of people. The biggest problem with the thermal scope on an AR is that you want to use it like the ACOG but it moves very slow no matter what gun you use. ADS is almost impossible if someone is moving.

Know what I just learned is a great combo? The Thermal Scope with an assault rifle.
I can picture all of you now going something like :shocked:. Don't worry, I have reason for my claims. But before you go trying this combo, you need to be able to do three things:
1) Know how to hip fire. You don't need to be a pro at it, just know how to handle close-range situations.
2) Be able to survive without ADS snap.
3) Be patient. Even if you fall into the above two, it's difficult to use. Practice makes perfect though...
If you only fall into one, two, or neither category, you might want to avoid this thread. Anyway, now for my reasoning...
Lets say your playing TC in the Jungle. You take up a sniper rifle and pick off a few players. Suddenly you think "Hey, I bet I could get a ton of kills if I ambush the enemy spawn point!" But what's this? Your sniper rifle isn't very suited for such an ambush! If only there was another way!
Well now there is! Introducing the Thermal Scope and Assault Combo! It's suited for anything! Use the scope for long-range, or even medium range situations! And when things get close up, just hip-fire and you'll dominate the map in no time!
...But in all seriousness, it really is suited for any situation. Can't see in the Sewers? No problem. Smoke? Big deal. Snipers? Find them easily and mow them down. Feel like sniping but don't want to end your kill streak to swap loadouts? Simple. Some guy up close? Just hip fire. You should see this baby in the Station.
And the coolest part? Far-away people won't think you're sniping. If you're shooting someone down and some guy a good distance away sees the arrow on the radar, he may not immediately think I'm a sniper, due to hearing the gunshots of an assault rifle. He might think that I was running around the map and took down some unfortunate soul, and just leave it at that. On the other hand, if I was using a sniper rifle, the guy would think "Oh, crap, a sniper! Well, since I know for a fact he's not moving from his position, I'll just walk up and chuck a grenade at him! Free kill!"
I'm still practicing it, but so far it's much more effective than anyone would normally think. Give it a try.
You just made me want and get the last 2000 xp I need till lvl 38, instead of mowing the lawn. Thank you.

Back