Think my Wiimote is broken

dinhtk

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
First off, this is my first post and I've found a lot of useful info on this board. Good stuff. Anyways:

So I bought 3 extra Wiimotes and Nunchucks and opened one of them. I start playing baseball with my brother, then it stops working and the lights at the bottom shows a random configuration instead of just the 2nd light for being player 2. At first I thought I was pressing 1 and 2 at the same time while I am swinging. So I would just remove a battery, then it would go back to lighting the second light like its supposed to. I start playing again and it does it again, some random configuration with the lights at the bottom, but this time I know I'm not pressing the buttons.
I look through the manual and there's really nothing about the Wiimote. Kind of ironic, but the manual has tons of info on features that aren't available yet.

Alright, here are my questions:
-How will I know if my controller is syncing correctly? I see the lights on the controller light up, but nothing from the console or on the screen. And is there supposed to be an order? Like console 1st, then press sync on the remote or vice versa? Doesn't matter? Also, when I remove the batteries, it will work for a few seconds, if that helps troubleshooting.
-When it says See pg. 21 in the quick installation guide, which packet is it talking about? I'm trying to find more info on syncing it, but page 21 in the Owner's Manual is about the Photo sharing thing.
-If it is broken, is there any kind of warranty? I'm really afraid to open another controller, just to have it break on me and not be able to return it.

I hope I didn't break it by swinging too hard, but baseball is intense on the Wii.

I think my Wii is broken

I have the same story, but a different mishap. My roommate and I both bought our Wii day of (11/19/06). We purchased a extra Wii remote, Nunchuck, Red Steel, and Zelda: Twilight Princess. The first night, the Wii worked like a dream. Now, (literally hours ago) after two hard collisions with the Wii remote and a bad restart session, the Wii only powers up for only one of the controllers. Also, the - and home buttons don't work for Zelda. More bad news, the Wii remote does not register on Wii Sports games. Let me break it down: the remote operates normally as a cursor, but doesn't register during actual gameplay. The buttons register during gameplay, but the motion sensor does not. This happens for only one of the controllers. Finally, the core system is having problems reading discs. I hope this is just a faulty system.

Well on the one thats working press the home button and go to the bottom of the screen and click the 2nd Remote one and then hole 1 and 2.

The problem is not adding a controller on the game, the problem is that I don't know if the controller is the problem, or the system itself. Some buttons and functions work and the problems vary from game to game. Mostly between Zelda and Wii Sports.

OK. Problem solved. The Wii remote is very fragile. A good swing against something will throw the IR sensor out of position. Now, I'll have to wait to buy a new remote.

i find if it feels like your remote is all ****y, lay it down for about a minute. i think the accellerometers take seisures from super intense bouts of tennis. they start to feel a little less accurate. might just be me getting less accurate. i'm not the most in shape ma****a on the planet. Wii is my new exercise routine. Either way, hope you get your new 'mote soon.

bought an extra wiimote, it's sensitivity sucked compared to the 1 that came with the system...got lucky and the walmart had one left. swapped it and the new 1 works great.

Well, we lucked out again and a friend fixed it for us. Now, we don't have to buy a new remote. Also, you can adjust the sensitivity through the Wii options.

bilal19 said:
Well, we lucked out again and a friend fixed it for us. Now, we don't have to buy a new remote. Also, you can adjust the sensitivity through the Wii options.
Good for u mate :)

Back