Think my Wiimote is broken

Solution to broken wii remote

bilal19 said:
I have the same story, but a different mishap. My roommate and I both bought our Wii day of (11/19/06). We purchased a extra Wii remote, Nunchuck, Red Steel, and Zelda: Twilight Princess. The first night, the Wii worked like a dream. Now, (literally hours ago) after two hard collisions with the Wii remote and a bad restart session, the Wii only powers up for only one of the controllers. Also, the - and home buttons don't work for Zelda. More bad news, the Wii remote does not register on Wii Sports games. Let me break it down: the remote operates normally as a cursor, but doesn't register during actual gameplay. The buttons register during gameplay, but the motion sensor does not. This happens for only one of the controllers. Finally, the core system is having problems reading discs. I hope this is just a faulty system.

We had a similar experience with one of the remotes after a collision of remotes during tennis. Buttons worked...cursor worked...but no action. We just got off the phone with tech support, and you are going to love the solution: Turn the remote over with the buttons face down. While holding it, give it a good "love pat" whack against the palm of your other hand. Honest to goodness, it works! The tech guy who helped my husband had to chuckle when suggesting it. I can't help smiling now. Too funny! I hope this helps you and anyone else out there! God Bless!

I've been getting similar too...

I was playing Zelda last night when it started going a bit funny - Link was running on his own accord, I wasn't pushing the joystick at all and I had to move it in almost the opposite direction to that of which I wanted him to move.

So I exited the game and came back in, it was all fine and then it happened again a bit later. I couldnt make Link move properly at all so I went back to the Wii Menu and at this point, the remote wasnt working and the nunchuck appeared to be dead as well.

First off I changed the batteries - nothing happened with that. I unplugged and replugged in the sensor bar - nothing. I tried resynching the remote and Wii - the remote lights flashed but nothing happened. Whenever I press a button on the remote, the lights flash briefly but thats it.

Has anyone got any ideas or troubleshooting tips (other than those in the manual) to help me out!? With the remote and Nunchuck shortage, I dont know when I will get chance to play again at this rate!!

Re-Syncronize Them!

Press The Red Button In The SD Card Hatch And The Red Button In The Battery Cover Area On The Wii Remote At The Same Time. :D

Back