Thinking about adding a PS3 to my rack.

Big_League_Slugger said:
All well, buy it anyway.

I love your avatar:crazy: :yikes: :cool:

my girl works in the game industry. they are coming out with a 40 gig at 399.99 and the 80 gig at 499.99. you just gotta wait for the price drop.

Look, by the end of 2008 you will have a better idea if this is the console for you. Don't make the same mistake I made when I rushed out and got a TG-16 for X-mas. My parents paid for it, but it was still a mistake. I could have gotten a ton of other games. Patience.

ToxicDemon said:
Well... from what it seems like is that sony is f*in up:lol: ... i would recommend a xbox 360 instead only because like 85% of the ps3's library is on the 360.. not only that but there are so much more games out for the 360 than the ps3.. unless your waiting for metal gear 4 go for it i guess.. but just the fact that the developers are fleeing the ps3 is well enough to say that this console isn't doing so hot. . don't get me wrong .. i'm not saying its a crappy system. its just that give it some more time before you actually invest on it.. let it get more sweeter:yesnod:
other way around man, other way.

sagema said:
I'm not sure how you are getting excited? In recent news Sony has been selling off portions of their company to other companies to make quick cash. Pair that off with their awful launches of Lair, Warhawk(It was a good game despite it's low sales), and Heavenly Sword, each costed well over $15 million to make. Square, EA, and Capcom have pretty much abandoned Sony. I recommend checking out all the latest news, there's just so much not going right for Sony right now. It's a mistake to buy a PS3 when you don't know what version they'll launch next and which one they will cancel. My advice is wait until the end of 2008, you could also save $200 by doing so.

Not sure where you are getting your news, but if you read the correct news, sony is selling off part of its insurance business(shares) (its a multinational corporation, they run a lot of sub businesses), as well as other non core assets.The reason for doing so is because they want to build up and fund their media and gaming ventures, as well as restructure the corporation.

A major policy shift, the company said there will now be centralized decision-making under president Ryoki Chubachi. This restructuring is merely optimization of the companies assets and they are focusing on more core assets.

This is actually a good thing as their gaming venture will have more attention and budgeting.

Im thinkiin about buying a PS3 aswell, but i dont think they will make different models.. PS3 is really becoming a burden on Sony aswell. I cant wait until Little big Planet :). They realy need to give a release date instead of their usual, "It will be shipped when ites ready"...

dan99iel said:
Im thinkiin about buying a PS3 aswell, but i dont think they will make different models.. PS3 is really becoming a burden on Sony aswell. I cant wait until Little big Planet :). They realy need to give a release date instead of their usual, "It will be shipped when ites ready"...

I'd rather them release titles when they are the best they can get. In actuality the video game division is their best division. Sony expected to lose money in the beginning because thats how consoles sales is. The problem is that they didn't realize the sales would be this sluggish. There is a 40gb PS3 coming out very soon. Won't have all the features of the 60gb though.

Oh look Shift is back. Does that mean we'll have 99 long threads again? Do me a favor, don't comment on anything I write, because I won't comment back.

I figure if you're willing to gamble on whether or not you will see the infamous "Red Rings of Death" on a 360 then go with whatever rocks your socks...

but I figure if there's a problem that the great uber-capitalist Microsoft actually springs for replacing and extending warranties, then you know there has to be a -huge- problem with the hardware.

so my vote goes with PS3, at least until they get all the bugs and such out of the 360

Cheers!

With the new 65mm Falcon Chips installed into the Xbox360. The Red Ring of Death has a lower chance to be found inside Xbox360 Consoles. Remember if you buy a Xbox360 wait for a new shipment because they are the one with the 65mm Falcon Chip

WARNING: INTER COOLERS/OUTER COOLERS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY ON THE XBOX360

Magus said:
I figure if you're willing to gamble on whether or not you will see the infamous "Red Rings of Death" on a 360 then go with whatever rocks your socks...

but I figure if there's a problem that the great uber-capitalist Microsoft actually springs for replacing and extending warranties, then you know there has to be a -huge- problem with the hardware.

so my vote goes with PS3, at least until they get all the bugs and such out of the 360

Cheers!
so
xbox gets red ring and loses..
then
xbox gives 3 year warranty for it..and it STILL loses?

is that correct?

sagema said:
Oh look Shift is back. Does that mean we'll have 99 long threads again? Do me a favor, don't comment on anything I write, because I won't comment back.

"Hey Shift... F off. Quit calling me a liar for posting news articles found on gamespot." -Sagema

Remember this? This is when you posted a gamespot article in an attempt to make the PS3 look like satan, only the smart kid you are, failed to read the article which disproved what you were saying to begin with.

Classic! Want me to keep bringing it all back? Dont worry, i know why you are angry. Its because after i left, you started feeling safe and secure, gathering up a following of disillusioned fanboys who call you daddy, and here i am again to bring Reality back into the picture.

tsk tsk tsk.

Back