Thinking about gettin a 360

MasterJedi2U

Banned
Jan 28, 2007
Durham, NC
Wii Online Code
5251-2094-6508-9892
Okay so I was at IGN looking at Mass Effect and I have to say that I'm BLOWN away. I never knew a game could look so beautiful. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay looks fantastic. Not to mention the storyline is engrossing and the environments are so vast its crazy. When exactly is this game coming out and does it have MULTIPLAYER/Online? And what are people's opinions about this new Black 360 thats coming out? It looks really sweet and I'm thinking about saving some money to get it. But should I wait until I get an HDTV so I can fully enjoy the 360 and the Wii together? SO many questions...thank God I just got a job recently.

So conclude I'm definitely a Microsoft supporter now and I plan on gettin a XBox 360, Mass Effect, Gears of War, and Halo 3 of course. Any other suggestions on games should get? ICON is only for the PS3 correct?

hmm, ive been thinking about getting a 360 too. i've got 2 HDTV's in my house, but neither of them i can use at any given time, so i have to keep my gaming systems on my 27" tube TV in my room. not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it only has 180i support. the only way i'd get a 360 is if i got to use of the HDTV's in my house to play it on, because the games on the 360 will look about the same as the games on my gamecube.

the 360 is awesome.

simple fact.

you dont need an hdtv to enjoy it, but when you play a 360 on one you will love it.

hdtvs are getting cheaper as as they are getting more and more popular, and in the long run most people are gonna end up with one anyway

Dont get a XBOX 360 yet. Microsoft coming out with Xbox 360 Elite really soon, maybe April. It'll have better graphics and more hard drive space.

Yeah I know all about it. Thats why I started the post. However besides te better graphics will it have an HD DVD drive? If it does then I'll definitely get it. I don't know if I'll need all the hard drive space though.

Just wanted to make sure you didnt think it was just a Black 360. I dont think the word is out yet if the new Microsoft XBOX 360 Elite will have HDDVD already built in.

I love my 360 but...I really can't think of any games coming up I need.

Fable 2 of course...and Assassins Creed.

I loathe Halo and am not a huge GTA fan so...

I do love my 360 though [/hugs]

kidtmnt said:
Just wanted to make sure you didnt think it was just a Black 360. I dont think the word is out yet if the new Microsoft XBOX 360 Elite will have HDDVD already built in.

Thanks man...just wanted to be sure you didn't think I was completely clueless..lol. But yeah it looks like a nice piece of equipment. The funny thing is how PS3 fanboys are already saying that its not going to do well. If the XBox 360 is already doing way better than them then shouldn't an improved version do even better? Esp if it has a DVD drive which I really hope it does. And to date what versions of the XBox 360 are there? Does it come in 20G and 60G versions like the PS3? I know theres Premium and Basic but are those broken down further?

And oh for future games I know theres Mass Effect and Blue Dragon which looks really intriguing. I already know I'm getting Mass Effect. Just have to get the TV and the system. And for once a system will belong to me alone and not my brothers.

MasterJedi2U said:
Thanks man...just wanted to be sure you didn't think I was completely clueless..lol. But yeah it looks like a nice piece of equipment. The funny thing is how PS3 fanboys are already saying that its not going to do well. If the XBox 360 is already doing way better than them then shouldn't an improved version do even better? Esp if it has a DVD drive which I really hope it does. And to date what versions of the XBox 360 are there? Does it come in 20G and 60G versions like the PS3? I know theres Premium and Basic but are those broken down further?

And oh for future games I know theres Mass Effect and Blue Dragon which looks really intriguing. I already know I'm getting Mass Effect. Just have to get the TV and the system. And for once a system will belong to me alone and not my brothers.
DUDE!(srry been watching lost alot, hurley)
there are so many other games coming out!
and games out already!
like kameo(that game is for zelda fans who switched to 360)
Tomb Raider
Gears of War
Halo 3
rainbow six
ghost recon 1 & 2(in my opinion better than gears)
Splinter Cell
Mass Effect
Lost Planet
The classic TMNT games are on XBLA
Dead or Alive
MArvel Ultimate Alliance
Spider-man 3 (probably will be better on wii though)
Dead Rising(even though it disturbs me, most like it)
Viva Pinata
Blue Dragon
Mass Effect
Devil May Cry 4

Metal Gear Solid 4 might be on it
battlefield 2
battlefield bad company
Call of duty 2 & 3
Lego Star Wars 2
plus a ton of XBLA

Hybrid said:
DUDE!(srry been watching lost alot, hurley)
there are so many other games coming out!
and games out already!
like kameo(that game is for zelda fans who switched to 360)
Tomb Raider
Gears of War
Halo 3
rainbow six
ghost recon 1 & 2(in my opinion better than gears)
Splinter Cell
Mass Effect
Lost Planet
The classic TMNT games are on XBLA
Dead or Alive
MArvel Ultimate Alliance
Spider-man 3 (probably will be better on wii though)
Dead Rising(even though it disturbs me, most like it)
Viva Pinata
Blue Dragon
Mass Effect
Devil May Cry 4

Metal Gear Solid 4 might be on it
battlefield 2
battlefield bad company
Call of duty 2 & 3
Lego Star Wars 2
plus a ton of XBLA

Starting to drool....God I can't wait. And thanks so much for the information dude. Is connecting to the Internet hard with the 360? It was very simple with my Wii so I'm hoping its the same with Microsoft. I've got a Linksys Wireless Router at home. Model WRT54G.

I have a 360 and I already sort of regret it.

I stupidly thought RARE would still be good, Team Ninja would never go to the Ps3, and that Oblivion would never come to the PS3. I guess I was kind of next-gen hungry at the time as well. It also has turned out all of the new franchises coming to the 360 such as Crackdown, Full Auto, Kameo, and Lost Planet have turned out to be pretty meh titles, rather than the must-have games I thought they'd be.

The Ps3 is looking better to me, but if it is good I'm going to not assume so much like I did with the 360 and wait it out a little.

360 is cool and I'm not quite giving up on it, but it's seriously not my kind of system at this point in time. So be wise before you act on it.

Last edited:
ThE PS3 looks like sh*t to me and I could care less that Oblvion is on it. Face it some games are multiplatform. And the games you mentioned are actually must haves according to A LOT of people. And I've done research on the games that I'm interested in. Sorry but sony's 2-3 games is nothing compared to the 10-12 I want/could get for the 360. Not to mention it has a great Online System.

MasterJedi2U said:
Starting to drool....God I can't wait. And thanks so much for the information dude. Is connecting to the Internet hard with the 360? It was very simple with my Wii so I'm hoping its the same with Microsoft. I've got a Linksys Wireless Router at home. Model WRT54G.
well all you need to do is either get an ethernet cabel and plug it in or get the wireless adapter(im saving up to get it) its pricey but worth it
and the 360 elite may have wi-fi.

AAA! you have 666 post!
DEVIL!!!

Last edited:
Back