Thinking of buying a 360? ::FAQ::

I'm willing to bet like 6-9 months down the road, there will be yet another Xbox 360 with HDMI 1.3 instead of 1.2 and the 65 mm chipset. Super ultimate ultra Xbox 360. M$ is always trying to milk it like that.

David328ci said:
I'm willing to bet like 6-9 months down the road, there will be yet another Xbox 360 with HDMI 1.3 instead of 1.2 and the 65 mm chipset. Super ultimate ultra Xbox 360. M$ is always trying to milk it like that.
they're not trying to milk anything, its giving the consumer options for what fits them, they have choice.

It's milking because HDMI 1.2 has been around since the days of the Xbox 360 launch but M$ tried to weasel their way out of incorporating it in the beginning. Now they're offering an outdated HDMI 1.2 probably because they're too cheap to pay for the HDMI 1.3 licensing fees.

As for offering customers options, HDMI and a bigger hard drive should been included or offered from the start not years down the road. 20 gig hd is just a joke especially since M$ knew they were going to have lot of Marketplace downloads that can easily fill up such a small hd.

David328ci said:
It's milking because HDMI 1.2 has been around since the days of the Xbox 360 launch but M$ tried to weasel their way out of incorporating it in the beginning. Now they're offering an outdated HDMI 1.2 probably because they're too cheap to pay for the HDMI 1.3 licensing fees.

As for offering customers options, HDMI and a bigger hard drive should been included or offered from the start not years down the road. 20 gig hd is just a joke especially since M$ knew they were going to have lot of Marketplace downloads that can easily fill up such a small hd.
i havent and im sure a lot of people (and none of my friends) have filled up their hd
im sorry, your trying to flame the 360 when the wii has a whopping 512mb with no exernal harddrive support and they were to cheap to put in a dvd player?:idea: and like how the wii is offering outdated graphics
and its still not milking, because you dont NEED the HDMI, and you have a total choice on if you want it or not
milking would be like a video game comes out without an ending, and they want you to buy offline the rest of the game, not giving you a finish product

Sovieto said:
i havent and im sure a lot of people (and none of my friends) have filled up their hd
im sorry, your trying to flame the 360 when the wii has a whopping 512mb with no exernal harddrive support and they were to cheap to put in a dvd player?:idea: and like how the wii is offering outdated graphics
and its still not milking, because you dont NEED the HDMI, and you have a total choice on if you want it or not
milking would be like a video game comes out without an ending, and they want you to buy offline the rest of the game, not giving you a finish product

I'm not flaming the 360. I'm flaming M$. The need for HDMI is subjective. Unforutnately for those of us that bought the 360 since the release, we haven't had a choice to have HDMI because M$ so graciously made the decision for us.

Gold vs Silver Live Membership

What do Gold members get that Silver members don't? Do Gold members pay for anything that they download? Or do they just have access to more things and still have to use about the same amount of Microsoft Points on Live?

Okay I'm really interested and serious about getting a 360. But as of now I'm still undecided about whether to get the Elite or get a Premium pack. I've found some good deals on Premiums at eBay but I also like the look of the Elite. Plus it has all that space, the upgrades, and other features. Is there anywhere that lists all the specific details/specs/upgrades for the Elite? Also do we know that Microsoft won't bring out another new model within a year? Thats really what I'm most afraid of...

MasterJedi2U said:
What do Gold members get that Silver members don't? Do Gold members pay for anything that they download? Or do they just have access to more things and still have to use about the same amount of Microsoft Points on Live?

Okay I'm really interested and serious about getting a 360. But as of now I'm still undecided about whether to get the Elite or get a Premium pack. I've found some good deals on Premiums at eBay but I also like the look of the Elite. Plus it has all that space, the upgrades, and other features. Is there anywhere that lists all the specific details/specs/upgrades for the Elite? Also do we know that Microsoft won't bring out another new model within a year? Thats really what I'm most afraid of...
good question
i say get premimum
gold get to play online and get access to content such as demos, themes, and videos

Back