Thinking of buying a 360? ::FAQ::

gingerkid said:
is the premium have enough HDD space for like game saves, some demos, and a few arcade games. also do you have to pay for movies and tv shows on marketplace?
what gamercon said +
you can hold a LOT of arcade games with the premimum, and shows, movies, not so much, but movies are rentals anyways

yeah im not going to get the shows and movies but im def getting arcade games like castlevania and alien homanid. does the 360 look good in 480p? it seems like people say it only looks good in 1080i.

gingerkid said:
yeah im not going to get the shows and movies but im def getting arcade games like castlevania and alien homanid. does the 360 look good in 480p? it seems like people say it only looks good in 1080i.
1080i and 720p are hardly different
i would have mine on 1080i but i heard something about 720p being better for gaming, idk
but yah it looks good in 480p still though

yeah heard progressive scan takes away rough textures. do you think i should get a plasma 32 in. tv thats 1080i or a projector thats 460p that can be as big as i want for my 360?

gingerkid said:
yeah heard progressive scan takes away rough textures. do you think i should get a plasma 32 in. tv thats 1080i or a projector thats 460p that can be as big as i want for my 360?
i say projector
size > all
+ plasmas dont last that long (only around 5000+ hours)

yeah i was leaning that way too. my wii and future 360 will look awsome on a 100 inch screen haha so 480p is good? can u tell the difference between 1080i, 720p, 480p if your not to experienced in tv resolution like me?

gingerkid said:
yeah i was leaning that way too. my wii and future 360 will look awsome on a 100 inch screen haha so 480p is good? can u tell the difference between 1080i, 720p, 480p if your not to experienced in tv resolution like me?
if youre not experienced? to be honest, you wont be able to tell much of a different until youve spent time with all of them.

OH BOY. Another question.

Well, another look at the Xbox's games... Reveal that a vast majority of the good ones are rated noneother than "M".

Well, you can turn the "M" inside-out, but until January 9th, 2008, I'm not getting and "M" rated games. Parents don't want to buy any. I suggested The Godfather for the wii, and they went, "LOL. U WISH LOLOLOLOL."

I'm not entirely sure that there are any decent online games for the 360 or Xbox that aren't rated "M." I hear Viva Pinata is good, not entirely sure if it's online, but I'll wait to get a 360 if I could only get maybe 1 or 3 good games. Heck, if I knew it'd be 6+ months down the line before a good keep-my-attention Wii game would come out, I'd have never gotten the Wii. I'd leave that to my friends.

And if I were to go online, with a headset, could I mute certain people?
'Cause I don't like children or teenagers who have anger-issues yelling obscenities over the interwebs. There's already too much of that on this forum. Maybe allow a select few to be able to talk with?

Trulen said:

Well, another look at the Xbox's games... Reveal that a vast majority of the good ones are rated noneother than "M".

Well, you can turn the "M" inside-out, but until January 9th, 2008, I'm not getting and "M" rated games. Parents don't want to buy any. I suggested The Godfather for the wii, and they went, "LOL. U WISH LOLOLOLOL."

I'm not entirely sure that there are any decent online games for the 360 or Xbox that aren't rated "M." I hear Viva Pinata is good, not entirely sure if it's online, but I'll wait to get a 360 if I could only get maybe 1 or 3 good games. Heck, if I knew it'd be 6+ months down the line before a good keep-my-attention Wii game would come out, I'd have never gotten the Wii. I'd leave that to my friends.

'Cause I don't like children or teenagers who have anger-issues yelling obscenities over the interwebs. There's already too much of that on this forum. Maybe allow a select few to be able to talk with?
how old are you if you dont want to listen to bad mouthed kids on live but cant buy m games. a good online game is marvel ultimate alliance you can play 4 player co-op its a funnnnnnn time.

gingerkid said:
how old are you if you dont want to listen to bad mouthed kids on live but cant buy m games. a good online game is marvel ultimate alliance you can play 4 player co-op its a funnnnnnn time.

I'm the ripe old age of 17! I know, it's unheard of for a teen not to curse/say vulgarites and not like them at the same time. Blasted TV today makes it seem like it's the coolest thing in the world.

I played an X-Men 2 game with my buddy once on his PS2. Co-op'd! We clocked some hours on that thing, we sure did.

So I most probably will pick up the Marvel game. Unless there's a better version out by the time I get a 360!

i can respect your dislike in vulgar language it's gotten pretty bad in the past 10 years. i myself have been caught in the habit of the f bomb and many others. are you from the uk? im from the us idk how your culture really sees cursing as we do. we kind of try to hide it but that makes us use it more. the marvel game is def a good game to pick up and play through a few times theres like 20 some characters to play as!!!

Trulen said:

:frown2:
but wait, frowny face isnt all that correct
you can mute people easily, or, which is probably better for you, you can turn on a setting that lets only Friends (people youve added to your friends list) to talk to you online, so that is probably what is just for you
also, for games like Gears of War, you can turn off the violence, so theres no blood or guts, it basically dumbs it down to a T rated game, im sure other mature games have settings like that as well..

Sovieto said:
you can mute people easily, or, which is probably better for you, you can turn on a setting that lets only Friends (people youve added to your friends list) to talk to you online, so that is probably what is just for you
also, for games like Gears of War, you can turn off the violence, so theres no blood or guts, it basically dumbs it down to a T rated game, im sure other mature games have settings like that as well..
good find man, i did not know this. this helps a lot of people out im sure.

Sovieto said:

Sweet. Friends only, here I come.

And that's good to know Sovieto. I don't mind there being blood and whatnot (Unless it's gory-ish. I'm no fan of mass blood spurts!). But blast it all, that still won't change the "M" on the cover. Which still won't change my parent's probably decision of not buying it.

Trulen said:
Sweet. Friends only, here I come.

And that's good to know Sovieto. I don't mind there being blood and whatnot (Unless it's gory-ish. I'm no fan of mass blood spurts!). But blast it all, that still won't change the "M" on the cover. Which still won't change my parent's probably decision of not buying it.
yah i figured that wouldnt change your parents decision
too bad a lot of the good 360 games are rated M..but viva pinata is cool, and there are racing games..Fable 2....yayadada
youll be missing out on a lot without M games, its no lie
but you there are still plenty of great games that arent rated M

Back