Thinking of buying a Wii ( few questions )

White2kss

WiiChat Member
Nov 17, 2007
I have read these forums for the past 2 days but i just want to clarify a few easy question.

1. My buddy has a Wii... If we exchange codes can we play online together? Will it tell me when he's online? I have a USB etherlink adapter now, that will work right?

2. When you create a Mii character, is there like a lobby to meet others online?

3. I have an HDTV.. is it worth buy the component cables? I didn't see much of a difference when i got these cable for my dvd player.

4. Is it werth buy the opera browser? I mean, i'm on a computer now....:crazy:

5. Will any SD memory card will work with the Wii?

6. Does the nunchuck need batteries and charging?

7. How much do the old nintendo games cost? Whats the points/$ ratio?

Thank you so much !

Last edited:
White2kss said:
I have read these forums for the past 2 days but i just want to clarify a few easy question.

1. My buddy has a Wii... If we exchange codes can we play online together? Will it tell me when he's online? I have a USB etherlink adapter now, that will work right?

2. When you create a Mii character, is there like a lobby to meet others online?

3. I have an HDTV.. is it worth buy the component cables? I didn't see much of a difference when i got these cable for my dvd player.

Thank you so much !

1. Yes, but not all games.

2. Sort of. There is a Mii parade.

3. Definatly, it makes a great difference.

4. Depends if you want it or not.

5. Yes. Don't buy the official one, it is too expensive.

6. The nunchuck is powered by the Wiimote, so no.

7. Depends. Most N64 games cost around 800 points. All others cost less

Welcome to the forums

1. yes, no, unsure/no for now (don't worry for now)
2. only to view their miis, so no
3. absolutely!
4. not REALLY (I post with it here)
5. under 2 gb yes
6. no
7. is 1 point/ north american 1 cent

White2kss said:

Thank you so much !

1Yes but I'm not sure if itll tell you when hes on but you can send eachotehr messages.
2you can send your mii into the check mii out channel but you cant like control your mii and actually meet people and talk to them online. you cant get peoples friend code if you dont ask them in person or somethign
3if your tv is nice i dont think its worth it.
4i never use my internet channel, but i got it when it was free
5yeah but only 2G and lower
6nope
7. actually, the most expensive is 1200 points (12$) because it's a N64 but its an import from japan. usually n64 games are 1000, snes and genesis are 800 turbografx is 600 and NES is 500. not sure about neo geo. but anyway 100 pts= 1 dollar

Thank you very much for the fast replies. I look forward to this message board.

This is the USB EtherLink adapter i have. I'm pretty sure it will work, cuase it was between my PC and the Cable modem at one point.

usb2e01.jpg

White2kss said:
Thank you very much for the fast replies. I look forward to this message board.

This is the USB EtherLink adapter i have. I'm pretty sure it will work, cuase it was between my PC and the Cable modem at one point.

usb2e01.jpg

That may not work. It may be worth you buying the official ethernet adaptor or the usb wireless dongle for your PC

i would just get your wii and try to set it up with that before going out and wasting money on other stuff. just remember youmay have to enable your wiis mac address, or plug in your IP addresses from your comp and DNS addresses into your wii for it to work.

Thanks again for the speedy reply. I'll try the one i have, if it doesn't work i'll shell out for the offical one.

One more question... Will it say something like " connected to the Internet " when your online with the Wii....

White2kss said:
Thanks again for the speedy reply. I'll try the one i have, if it doesn't work i'll shell out for the offical one.

One more question... Will it say something like " connected to the Internet " when your online with the Wii....

It is always connected. That is how it recieves emails. You can choose to turn this function off if you want to.

The internet is very easy to set up.

I'm a member of many forums and this was by far the fastest i got my questions answered:wink: I'll be getting my Wii hopfully tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes. THANKS AGAIN !!!!!!

White2kss said:
I'm a member of many forums and this was by far the fastest i got my questions answered:wink: I'll be getting my Wii hopfully tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes. THANKS AGAIN !!!!!!

Thats fine :yesnod:

What games are you getting? You must definately get either Resident Evil 4, LoZ: Twighlight Princess, or Super Mario Galaxy. Get all 3 if you can :lol:

EDIT: Yay! 700th post!

FRuMMaGe said:
Thats fine :yesnod:

What games are you getting? You must definately get either Resident Evil 4, LoZ: Twighlight Princess, or Super Mario Galaxy. Get all 3 if you can :lol:

EDIT: Yay! 700th post!

I'll just play Wii Sports for a week till i get the hang of the controls/console.. I'am definitly getting The Simpsons Game and Guitar Hero 3... Is that Mario SuperStar Baseball any good?...

I just looked at the screenshots for LOZ and Resident Evil 4, they look great!

I read that Mario Kart is coming out soon and may be online. That was by far my fav game for N64..... can't wait !!!

White2kss said:
I'll just play Wii Sports for a week till i get the hang of the controls/console.. I'am definitly getting The Simpsons Game and Guitar Hero 3... Is that Mario SuperStar Baseball any good?...

I just looked at the screenshots for LOZ and Resident Evil 4, they look great!

I read that Mario Kart is coming out soon and may be online. That was by far my fav game for N64..... can't wait !!!

Baseball is not out...

White2kss said:

Thank you so much !

1.Yes But only specific games

2.Yes. But you don't interact with other people's miis. You just watch every single one of your friends mii's march like in a band and you can add them to your mii collection (mii plaza)

3.Uh, it all depends on what you want.

4.No. Nintendo released a browser for free but it doesn't have beta. But really if you have a comp you dont need it. even without beta there are websites created for games to be played on the wii.

5.Yes

6.No

7.Depends. A wii points card is $20 and comes with 1,000 points. All VC games need a certain amount of points to purchase depending on which console it's coming from. Another possible way of buying points is entering your credit card number into the wii and $1 is 100 point. It'll take the money right out of your credit card. Bu i suggest just buying the points card.

Back