Thinking of selling my Wii. How much you think I could get for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GypsyKid If only that would fit in you're sig to give a small reality check to all these fanboys. Hardcore gaming is in the classification of fun to me, and frankly, I only bought the Wii for ssbb, (only appealing title)

"Fox" games? StarFox?
Never liked Metroid, and Mario gets more dull by the second. (And before you [go there]) Yes, Sonic is failing too. I just happen to like the games.

GK, I'm just going to say that were cool. I didn't really pay attention to a few of the posts before you lashed out at some people. Idk, I don't even know what to say...It's way too late, 4:45 A.M. right now. I just got done kicking ass in God of War 2, man is that one hell of a game.

We bought our Wii, and so far the only games that I have kept playing are Wii Sports and The Godfather. I honestly don't think that there is any games worth buying as of now. I have the Gamecube version of TP, I might buy the Wii edition when the price goes down. I'm waiting for Metroid Prime and Mario Galaxy. Until then, I have my Dreamcast, PS2, and Xbox. That is definitely enough haha. I usually only go for one next gen system, and I am happy with my choice.

- Tom

Same here...
I just stick with ps2, 360, and Dreamcast.
Gears Of War kicks so much ass... but I still crave the sinfull ps3 that makes any game sex-on-a-screen

mushroomedmario said:
that post sucked.

you dind't really prove anything, you just babbled on

you can't say you have higher standards so your moving on to the ps3, cause the ps3 isn't better than the wii, no one can say it is likewise no one could say the wii is better than the ps3...........

im' thinking your move personally would be dumb, more developers are shifting to the wii which means we'll get a lot of software, especially since your selling it righ tbefore mario strikers(the first decent online game(sorry pokemon fans)), and metroid prime 3 are coming out

i would at least wait for TGS to to happen so demand might go up for it, making you get a better price for it
...or so you can see what games will come and make sure your 100% on selling it

so why did you buy your wii, if your selling it so early?

edit: sorry didn't see your post above, nintendo is kinda shying away from the kiddie image though and going to the family image(different!)

but sadness isn't kiddie(not sure if it's first party, second or third)
and project hammer or disaster look kiddie as well

i don't think nintendo was ever kiddie, i only thought the gamecube was(sunshine, wind waker) but like i said i think nintendo is shying away from the kiddie image due to the fact that gamecube sucked

You got it wrong again fella. The reason YOU don't get it is cause you don't really know much about the PS3 do you?

Developers are going to Wii...for a short little while...to make that quick cash while it's still a hot item. The Wii's potential is pretty limited. If you do some research you will find that developers are continually hitting ceilings with the systems. Which means they are reaching or reached the limit of what they can do, and don't have enough power and space to take things to the truly next level.

Now what does that mean for the games they develop? It means they are continually compromised in most cases. You are not getting the best that is possible because you are getting something that is a huge compromise from the developers point of view. On top of that each new game at that point is usually just a re-iteration of games from the past.

The PS3 doesn't have that problem as of yet for developers. Look at the games that are coming out for PS3. They are mindblowing both graphically and gameplay wise. There isn't a single Wii game that can top the PS3 exclusives. Metroid, mario, SSMB, none of those can hold a candle to LAIR, MGS4 etc on ANY level. Those games are just way too advanced for Wii.

I don't have to prove anything cause this post will be here for years and years. When the cap is reached for what Wii and 360 can do, and the developers creativity in making Wiimote, nunchuck, or a million other peripherals to work in new interesting ways gets depleted, and the PS3 games are kicking complete butt and the system STILL won't have reached it's potential...everyone will be running to PS3. The PS3 system is on a 10 year plan. I'm guessing the Wii is on more like 3-5 year plan.

The PS3 is a very LOOOONG range system with a lot more potential in every single way. With the complete adaptability and versatility of the machine do you honestly think that Sony isn't cable of putting out peripherals and games that will put the wiimote and nunchuck to absolute shame as well as continue to do what they are currently doing?

The same can't be said about the Wii. The Wii can never have the graphic or physics capability, the storage space required to program not only better graphics but BETTER AND MORE COMPLEX GAMING CODE. 8 gigs of storage space per disc versus 50 gigs is a HUGE difference in gaming. More code space means the potential to do A LOT more with the games.

See I'm not a small picture thinking kinda guy. I don't care that Wii is getting some developers to make some games for a year or two. I don't care that Nintendo is going to continually re-hash mario, and zelda, and samus, and whatever characters they had for 20 years ad nauseum.

Regardless, no matter what you think, there will always be developers working for PS3 looking to make the best possible games...not churn out BS games as fast as possible just to make a fast buck and capitalize on a current trend.

Plus...swinging wiimotes and chucks does get boring....quick. Now if people get sick of the Wiimote games after a year or two and people just want to go back to playing games using a regular controller, which I'm guessing is what will happen, is Wii going to be able to go an make some fantastic regular controller based games that won't seem like the caveman ages compared to the PS3? No, cause they can't. It's physically impossible for them to do so. The gameplay and looks will just be too outdated.

Anyways, I'll stop babbling here. So that the guy who accused me of babbling can go on and babble himself in a less informed and intelligent way and prove even less than I ever could.

Anyways, I'll stop babbling here. So that the guy who accused me of babbling can go on and babble himself in a less informed and intelligent way and prove even less than I ever could.

SWEET THANKS!

uhh oka couple quick points i want to put out there
(i'm not going to spend a year argueing)
a)why did you buy your wii(question i asked that got no answer)
b)i realise the average wii game compared to the average ps3 game isn't very good due to some developers making that quick buck, but the way you were talking, it sounded like every single developer is trying to do this, there is not 1 developer that is trying to makea good game
c)you said some nintendo franchises can't compare to the ps3 exclusives on any level and i hate to be one of those people that say"gameplay is waht matters"
but yeah i would personally play ssbb(i assumed that's what you meant by ssmb) over any of those titles, and i think metroid will do good too,
d) you said the ps3 has a lot of space, but seriously i think zelda is the perfect length, i don't want a game that will last days, sure i'll get my money's worth but eventually i'll just get bored of it
e)
Regardless, no matter what you think, there will always be developers working for PS3 looking to make the best possible games...not churn out BS games as fast as possible just to make a fast buck and capitalize on a current trend.

i know there will be developers working for the ps3, but there will be better ones working for the wii(in theory)
let's just wait to see where the next kingdom hearts game is gonna be, square enix said it'll not be called kingdom hearts 3, have a new fresh story-line, i think it would make sense

sorry i guess i dind't give quick points like i planned too.

oh well

debate if you wish

Not to rain on your parade MM but really, Sony has the best exclusives ever. Not just one, not two, not even ten, like 50-100. Do you think PS kicked Nintendos ass cause it had adequate, mediocre games? Nope, it had the best games. So people were getting kinda tired of Mario and Samus and old DK. Sony brought fresh new faces and fresh new ideas, as well as game play.

Im not one to say something is stupid. The remote is far from stupid, its tumbling around Tard Town. Thats great, motion yay. Why not motion and buttons...? I dont want to buy the remote, nunchuck, GC controller, classic controller and now balance board, it should all be done from one controller.

hmmmi don't really care about hte controls, it's not why i bought the wii
however

a)ddr and guitar hero kick-ass(just throwing it out there)
b)no wii games use the cube controller as of now, ssbb plan to but only at the request of several people
c)i like having two controls(not that it's a good game) but i loved web-slinging through the city in spider-man 3
d) also i think TP fitted with the controls very well

and about the sony software
idn they're fresh and what not
but will people remember that specific franchise 20 years down the road

people will remember mario games, halo and final fantasy

but i don't think any games made my sony will be remembered all that well

There are actually quite a few games Sony made that I, and many others, will remember for lives to come. Of course, you have to play them, describing them wont make people remember it. Even though I dont remember a lot, if i do see it I will remember it and say, "That was a damn good game." This is because its not a constant like Mario, Sonic and Halo. Sony has no mascot, they dont need one game to sell their console. If they stopped making MGS, which they will, it wont effect the sales. Take out Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts too, thats just a small fraction of the games.

I feel bad for Nintendo, relying heavily on a few titles. I would like to see what becomes of Mario in 20 years.

mushroomedmario said:
a)why did you buy your wii(question i asked that got no answer)

Cause I got bored of gaming, didn't play for 2 years cause all games seemed the same. There may have been minor graphical tweaks but they played the
same. Some games seemed like you needed a Master's Degree just to play em. Just seemed too complicated and hard to be fun.

Along comes Wii. It looks and plays a little different than anything else. Decided this would re-spark my gaming enthusiasm. It did...momentarily, but I got bored of it despite having more than enough games etc. Basically all the stuff I outlined in previous posts. I considered getting 360, but it just didn't appeal to me cause I played the hell out of my xBox and I'm bored of the TYPE of games that end up on MS consoles and the overall feel of them. Plus, I didn't want to spend $500 on xBox 1.5 if you catch my drift.

It was actually playing the the PS3 a few times in stores and finally seeing previews of LAIR, GTA 4 and a few other things that made me want to bite the bullet. As well as some research here and there and generally talking with people about it.

b)i realise the average wii game compared to the average ps3 game isn't very good due to some developers making that quick buck, but the way you were talking, it sounded like every single developer is trying to do this, there is not 1 developer that is trying to makea good game.

All those running to make games for Wii after the Wii got successful are those kind of developers. Fair Weather Developers. The only developer I see that are making quality games for Wii are in fact Nintendo and maybe a few others.

C)you said some nintendo franchises can't compare to the ps3 exclusives on
any level and i hate to be one of those people that say"gameplay is waht matters"
but yeah i would personally play ssbb(i assumed that's what you meant by ssmb) over any of those titles, and i think metroid will do good too,
I still stand behind that. ssbb is just a fighting game with old tired nintendo franchise characters there is nothing groundbreaking or really exciting about it conceptually or gameplay wise. It can never compare to Epics like GTA4, MGS4, LAIR, etc. never in a million years. I'm sure it will be a best seller for Wii and nintendo fanboys will enjoy each beating up each other as Mario or sonic or bowser. But it's not a truly great game if it's only draw is multiple players and being able to get cheap thrills by fighting as or beating up iconic nintendo characters.

d) you said the ps3 has a lot of space, but seriously i think zelda is the perfect length, i don't want a game that will last days, sure i'll get my money's worth but eventually i'll just get bored of it

This is where many people get it wrong. Having all that space doesn't necessarily mean the games are going to be longer. It means that there is more coding space for better and more realistic character and environments movements, more complex and realistic physics, the capacity to put in truly breathtaking visuals. The capacity to hold the code needed to do just about any wacky next level thing developers may want to try and experiment with but did not have the storage and computing power to do so in the past.

This is where I'm coming from when I'm talking about storage space. I don't want to play a game longer than Zelda. Heck, I don't want to a game as long as Zelda is now. But I definitely want to play a game that has been taken to its fullest potential in most aspects.

e)
i know there will be developers working for the ps3, but there will be better ones working for the wii(in theory)

Theory? How about Myth. The proof is in the pudding not in the legend. Playstation has the best games bar none, so in reality..PS3 has the best developers, or at least gets the best from the same developers that all the consoles are outsourcing

well he's been around for 20 years and i don't see any harm done to him

nintendo isn't relyin on them

it's just good to have

i'm a mario fan, i'd hate it if they stopped making mario games(which i doubt they will)

and those three series aren't even first or second party

i think if kingdom hearts comes to the wii that's going to affect both systems a lot

edit: ok good post gypsykid i just don't think that the wii having good developers would be a myth though

i think it's gonna happen cause thir parties aren't that good(cept a coupl elike konami and SE)
which are focusing on the ps3, but the companies said(not sure about konamii but for some reason i have a feelng about it)
that they are gonna start focusing on the wii

edit: i also have to disagree with you on the ssbb comments, plus i was talking about other nintendo franchises such as metroid(mp3) and mario(smg)

Last edited:
Well Sony games are usually one or two games long, nothing more.Its like the show that only has one season and 6 episodes (FLCL). It may be short and not many will have it at the top of their heads due to it not being advertised everywhere, but mention it to someone whos seen it and they will say it was the greatest show ever.

I could say Mario is over-hyped. I've never played a Mario game before (thats a lie) but I'll say its not as good as people make it out to be. Fair? No, why would I know, I've never played a Mario game.

How would you know Sony hasn't made any games worth remembering? I dont think you do.

...cause i've owned both previous playstations

edit: and i hate short series lol,

even when it comes to anime, i watched this show called spyral

but it ended way to short...it angered me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back