Third party Gamecube Controllers any good?

2ZeBeach

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2006
Medford, MA
I am looking for some GC controllers to play SSBB with. I saw these on Ebay, but I don't know what kind of quality they are. Does anyone have experience with them or would I be better off buying some used official GC controllers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-INDIGO-CONTROLLERS-FOR-NINTENDO-GC-GAMECUBE-WII-EXT_W0QQitemZ150223514312QQihZ005QQcategoryZ41042QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, I have heard that the Platinum colored official GC controllers are less responsive than the other colors. Is this true?

Thanks for the help.

I have a platinum GC controller (bought new at gamestop a few months ago) and it seems the same as my original black one that came with my GC. I would stay away from any 3rd party, but thats just me. I bought one a few years ago and aside from being uncomfortable, the A button sticks pretty badly. Always official Nintendo controllers for me.

i've had bad luck with 3rd party controllers after a few weeks of owning them :yesnod::yesnod:

Ive gotten a 3rd party GC controller and it was better then my Nintendo controller. But, I got another 3rd party controller (diffrent brand) and the stick was had a delayed lag effect. I dont remember what kind the good one was but it was the best GC controller ever!!

Back