Third Party Gamecube Controllers?

2ZeBeach

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2006
Medford, MA
I am looking for some GC controllers to play SSBB with. I saw these on Ebay, but I don't know what kind of quality they are. Does anyone have experience with them or would I be better off buying some used official GC controllers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-INDIGO-CONTROLLERS-FOR-NINTENDO-GC-GAMECUBE-WII-EXT_W0QQitemZ150223514312QQihZ005QQcategoryZ41042QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, I have heard that the Platinum colored official GC controllers are less responsive than the other colors. Is this true?

Thanks for the help.

2ZeBeach said:
I am looking for some GC controllers to play SSBB with. I saw these on Ebay, but I don't know what kind of quality they are. Does anyone have experience with them or would I be better off buying some used official GC controllers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-INDIGO-CONTROLLERS-FOR-NINTENDO-GC-GAMECUBE-WII-EXT_W0QQitemZ150223514312QQihZ005QQcategoryZ41042QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, I have heard that the Platinum colored official GC controllers are less responsive than the other colors. Is this true?

Thanks for the help.
i hope not cus thats what i use

Wow they're a pretty good price... I don't see how you mean quality, all controllers are the same really; with the exception of Turbo(multi pressing thing)
As long as the control stick has rubber(mine doesn't, need to buy new one, it's overused and havn't played GC in 2 years or something.) and has all the buttons it's fine

Might get me some of Ebay lol:lol:
get them if you need a new one. I personaly like Cordless though(might cost AUS $40/60+), never liked cords, they get tangeled up in everything; however cordless needs batteries,(except PS3, my friend charges his with a usb)

Last edited:
i wouldnt get third party if i were you..
e bay is really dodgy, i ordered three controllers (from 2 different people) and they all broke in a period of 2 months, so please dont take the risk of a third party. just go first party controller from a well known ebayer or something too make sure.. or check if your local EB has a few GC controllers.

I picked up some really cheap ($10) DreamGear controllers today. The only game I'll ever use them with is SSBB and maybe some VC games if I ever decide to pay that much for them, so even if they break in a few months it's no big deal.

i bought those exact controllers (with extensions) off ebay

for the price, i'd say it's a pretty good deal. they seem reliable, solid, and responsive, but the buttons do take a little more force when pushing.

i'm not what you'd call "hardcore" though, so i'd still suggest investing in a wavebird if you're that sort of gamer.

If you live near a Gamestop, you could either get a used GC controller or some cheap-ass Gamestop controller.

Back