Third Party Gamecube Memory

Mr_K

WiiChat Member
Jan 23, 2007
Just wondering if anyone has had problems with third party gamecube memory cards. I wanna get this Gamecube memory card

because it has alot of space but I am going to be playing the gamecube Resident Evil games so i definitly don't wanna loose saved games. I had a playstation memory card for the PSX back in the day that was third party and it always lost my saves.

Apart from the quality, if it is good, this will work with the Wii right? I posted a question here yesturday about a controller converter and since people have found them working I'm guessing this would be ok - but it is all about quality and not just saving money.

Thanks everyone

i cant say for sure if that specific model will be ok, though there is no reason why not.

i was buying a GC memory card agea ago, and in the store they only had the shops own brand (it was in GAME, main game shop chain in the UK)

anyway it was half the price, worked as well (couldnt actually tell a difference) and it was see through, so it looked way cooler.

maybe check the seller's feedback to see if others have bought it and said what they think

Personally, I like to only get official Nintendo gear. It's really your own personal preference. You've had bad experience with PSX third party ones, so if i was you, i would go official GC memory cards, because of that bad experience. But it's not saying that third party ones might not work perfectly aswell. Make your decision, and if a third party one loses your save data, dont come back here crying. :p

yeah i had no choice, they were out of stock and i had some new games to play, other memory card was full :sad:

but it was alright, like i say in my case it worked fine

Hey, thanks for the comments. I think I might go with an official memory card cause like Oceanic says, if i don't then i can't come back and cry :)

Been havin' a look on the net and found this: 64MB Gamecube memory card and it says its official but i didn't think Nintendo made them that big?

Plus, though this may sound vsilly, since its in America, will it work on a PAL (AUS) system...especially a PAL WII?

Thanks

I think you will find that it wont work. It will probably be region locked to the US region. You should be able to pick up a fairly cheap memory card from EB games if you are in AUS or even try JB HIFI for old stock they may have laying around.

Nintendo did make a huge 64MB memory card for the gamecube. I feel I should warn you that a few people with third party memory cards found that once they put the card in it wouldn't come out!!! They had to disassemble the card and/or Wii to get it out.

That being said I've got a 3rd party PSX card and a 3rd party Nintendo64 card, and a 3rd party gamecube card, all work flawlessly and have worked for years.

Mr_K said:
Just wondering if anyone has had problems with third party gamecube memory cards. I wanna get this Gamecube memory card
I ordered one of those a week ago. Will report back on success.
I'm a bit worried about that 'getting stuck' issue, though. Might lube it up first! :hand:
Oceanic said:
You should be able to pick up a fairly cheap memory card from EB games if you are in AUS or even try JB HIFI for old stock they may have laying around.
Most Aus retailers are rapidly running out of genuine GC hardware thanks to the Wii. Get in quick!

Last edited:
acphydro said:
Nintendo did make a huge 64MB memory card for the gamecube. I feel I should warn you that a few people with third party memory cards found that once they put the card in it wouldn't come out!!! They had to disassemble the card and/or Wii to get it out.

That being said I've got a 3rd party PSX card and a 3rd party Nintendo64 card, and a 3rd party gamecube card, all work flawlessly and have worked for years.
yea me to i had to rip my gc card from my wii(the card is one from game) which i got like 4 years ago

Im using the TruBlu brand they are an aussie company and it workes perfectly fine with the wii

i alrdy posted a big thread about this if u search, itll give you list of ok and bad ones.

Thanks Cods69,

I decided to go with an official memory card though in an effort to have as least problems as possibile (hopefully). I got it from my local JB. Cost $47.95 for a 251 slot memory card. I know its fairly expensive but hopefully it'll keep my saves for ever and a day.

Thanks for the reply about the card though, I'll let my mates know that they're alright.

Alot of 3rd Parties work tho, my main Memory card (Madcatz 16x) works perfectly and comes in/out same as a normal one. Lucky me i geuss.

Back