This question may look like duh, but...

HammerBro.

The worst "usernamer"
Feb 7, 2008
Wii Online Code
1281-8803-8197-5231
I have a Belkin wireless router. I also have a modem inside my mom's closet that connects each room in my house that has an ethernet port to high-speed internet. The router is behind 4 thick walls with a cordless phone in the living room (I don't think it interferes with the router). I have no where else to put the router closer to the Wii. When I play SSBB online, the game lags into the deepest freeze of it's life.

My local GameStop has a Wii LAN Adapter in stock for $30. If I got this, do you think I will receive less lag and better time playing online? It would be a wired connection.

I'm sure it would be better, unless the lag you receive is caused by the other party being on a crappy connection.

SSBB just came out and people are flooding the servers. Your lag could just be caused by this initial spike of popularity.

It could also just be your internet connection.

sremick said:
SSBB just came out and people are flooding the servers. Your lag could just be caused by this initial spike of popularity.

It could also just be your internet connection.
Ok thanks for clearing that up. You saved me $30 from buying something I didn't need.

Speaking of buying something I don't need, I feel very stupid right now. 2 months ago, I bought the crappy Belkin router because it was all I could afford. Now, just out of the blue in my mom's closet in the little network area (where all the main cords and the router is), I see...
A PROFESSIONAL WORKING WIRELESS ROUTER THAT LOOKS VERY POWERFUL! :mad5: Now I must sell my crappy Belkin router. -.-

Back