This Sucks

FRuMMaGe said:
No, all you do is connect to it with a web browser. ANY web browser.

You are right ONLY, I repeat ONLY, if you are using a LAN adapter. Every single Linksys I have ever touched (I install, monitor and repair commercial WLAN and eth networks) has had the WLAN turned off by the factory.

So yes, you can use the Wii to do the initial config your Linksys router, if your using an eth connection, but the OP problem relates the the wireless aspect, and no he can not do the initial configuration, from factory defaults, with his Wii. Once the Wii is setup and working on the WLAN however, you can then use the Wii to make any changes.

if he is using a linksys wrt54g just reset to factory defaults don't change anything, hope on ur wii it'll find it as linksys then just go to 192.168.1.1 from your wii browser, look for wireless and change the channel to 1 or 11 it'll browse much faster on these channels and this is also suggested by nintendo's website.
and most wireless routers out of the box dont need any configuration to hook to the wii... now if ur worried about security or someone piggybacking off ur connection then yes check out the features and change the password.

mostly correct..

most wireless routers out of the box do not have wireless enabled.
it must be connected with a wire for it to work.

some routers have a quick set-up button on the face of the router
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bI_s1...4g%2054mbps%20802.11g%20wireless%20router.jpg

on the left side of the router there's a button (it's the white thing in the pic)
push that button, and tell the wii to synchronize with the router.

what your saying makes no sense... i have owned many wireless routers different version and by different companies out of the box plugged into the wall it will broadcast a signal. now for internet access u will have to plug a rj-45 from the cable modem to the wan port on the router, this will broadcast the network with internet connection. belkin linksys and many others work just fine this way and need little to zero configuration.

Back