This Sucks!!

dstnybubbl

WiiChat Member
Mar 21, 2008
USA, NY
Wii Online Code
6240-3514-0567-8423
I was so excited to get this game for the online play.. We have a fast connection!! My husband plays his xbox 360 live with no delay or anything.. We turned of everything we had uploading or down loading the xbox wasn't on.. the lag was so rediculously slow it took 10 second for the timer to clock down a second.. has anyone else hand laggin issues and I had to wait forever to play couldn't find anyone to match me with to play..

While the speed is dependant on your connection at home, where your opponents are count a great deal more. You generally can't have a lag free game with anyone more than 800-900 miles away.

You should not have been expecting Microsoft-quality online services.

Your lag is a combined effort of:
1. Your potentially poor connection.
2. Your opponents' potentially poor connection.
3. A poor online service in Nintendo
4. The large number of players trying to use this service at once.

unfortunately, if your opponents have cruddy internet connections, all 4 players will suffer.

sucks, doesn't it?

dstnybubbl said:
I was so excited to get this game for the online play.. We have a fast connection!! My husband plays his xbox 360 live with no delay or anything.. We turned of everything we had uploading or down loading the xbox wasn't on.. the lag was so rediculously slow it took 10 second for the timer to clock down a second.. has anyone else hand laggin issues and I had to wait forever to play couldn't find anyone to match me with to play..

yes if you get stuck with a wrong person or party, a 2 minute match will last 5 minutes lol...

Shibby said:
yes if you get stuck with a wrong person or party, a 2 minute match will last 5 minutes lol...

Uh-Oh Sketios, guess the people i play will be playing me for long periods of time then!

Make sure to get some friend codes near where you live. That way you might have more lag free battles...

I hope Nintendy will clear up there servers soon. I'm gettin annoyed of lags! It even lags when my friend and I battle!
(We are a block away from eachother....and both of our connections are good!)

LevesqueIsKing said:
You should not have been expecting Microsoft-quality online services.

Your lag is a combined effort of:
1. Your potentially poor connection.
2. Your opponents' potentially poor connection.
3. A poor online service in Nintendo
4. The large number of players trying to use this service at once.

<p> I didn't expect Microsoft quality service but I definalty didn't expect it to be this bad!! :crazy: But I have discovered there is more to this game than online!! I was ready to take it back to the store!

Indeed there is more than online mode in the game : )
In fact online isn't even that big part of the game, that is why Brawl and Solo option are so big, emphasizing the main part.

mine always gets error code while im in match making. and once i did get in a game and it lagged real bad

AoWFraggit said:
unfortunately, if your opponents have cruddy internet connections, all 4 players will suffer.

sucks, doesn't it?

One problem with your reasoning: Xbox Live works flawlessly, without lag. If her lag problems were the result of poor connections from other players, wouldn't this occur with Xbox Live as well? Honestly, few lag problems these days are going to be the result of the players having poor connections as most connections are very fast these days.

And I'm not quite buying the distance thing either. I've played lag free games with people 2000 miles away, and I've played lag filled games with people 50 miles away.

So, it's Nintendo and their uber crappy online service and servers. Once again, Nintendo takes every opportunity to slack off and cut corners. This is exactly what they've done here and will probably keep continuing to do.

Last edited:
Clearly. I can hardly even battle my friends within my city...

Atomheart said:
One problem with your reasoning: Xbox Live works flawlessly, without lag. If her lag problems were the result of poor connections from other players, wouldn't this occur with Xbox Live as well? Honestly, few lag problems these days are going to be the result of the players having poor connections as most connections are very fast these days.
I think that's what he's saying is the problem. Nintendo dealt with the lag in the worst possible way, instead of just having it affect the person who has the bad connection.

Xbox live does it right on the other hand(along with pretty much everybody else but Nintendo), if it's your connections fault then it's your problem. I wouldn't call it lag free though, there are always laggy matches every once and a while, its just that the effects are more unnoticeable, the screen doesn't actually freeze up like it does in brawl.

Come on Nintendo, get with the system. Online gaming is nowhere near new. It was mastered years and years ago.

Back