This TRUTH will change your [stereotypical/ignorant] views on the Wii!

Quoted by me:
WHOA! listen to this edit: i just asked my brother not even a minute after i wrote the speech what people in his grade think about the Wii...he said that they said that its gonna be just like the gamecube; same-type, boring, kiddie games JUST like the Gamecube...i CLEARLY wrote in my speech the misleading ideas of the Wii to start off, and after i asked my brother, he told me right to my face that the Wii basically sucked...it turns out that he, too is convinced that the Wii is gonna be another gamecube and follows ALL of the sterotypical and ignorant views...this is EXACTLY what i mean, all of these people need to be taught the TRUTH about the Wii, these ideas are believed by my own peers it happaned just like that lol

Make sure u read this carefully if u havent already before reading this post^^

yes, i know, this is going to be a bit repetitive, but it was done for emphasis so bear with it :D ---> this is a GREAT example of people making their decisions based on ignorant and stereotypical views and applying these wrong thoughts and false ideas to their decision if they, in this case, want to purchase a Wii ot not. When people don't know the real truth, rumors start; people get the wrong ideas, even on such a small concept such as the Wii; thier decisions r influenced for all the wrong reasons. I could care less if my brother's friends got the Wii, i am not here to "advertise" for the Wii, i want ppl to first know the truth before judging however. i want your decisions to be based on fact, not false accusations and, especially, assumptions. At least JUSTIFY your cause; this goes the same for everything in life, like i siad, this situation is a small concept but can teach a lot; it caused me to write this up so the least corruptness in making choices would occur, get the facts first, then judge. Such assumptions, like those made by my own peers (my brother's friends) have been made ignorantly; they do not know the TRUTH about the Wii (read my "speech" to find the "truth" im talking about in the Wii) as you can see, their decision to not get the Wii was based on stu'pid assumptions and not fact, for example, its gonna be another Gamecube, which is totally untrue, as it is gonna be a NEW generation of gaming for Nintendo, something Nintendo has never done before...the actual truth is beyond his friends' imagination, and if they knew the truth, theyre decisions would definately be altered so that they make their decisions the RIGHT decisions, since its based on the truth and not fony assumptions. if everyone was literally "educated" on what the Wii is all about and stopped making the usual stereotypical assumptions like the ones i listed in my "speech", the Wii would be a greater hit than if they didnt know...people have to realize that what they think isnt always right; overall, the false assumptions are keeping people from making the right, true decisions

FOR EXAMPLE: someone is taking some sort of drug; the main reason he did it (what influenced him) was the fact that it made him feel relaxed and good; he could go to sleep better and was more open with people...he based this decision only on what he knew, and he was not educated on the negative consequences that could follow; in fact, he assumed that nothing bad could come out of this "wonder drug". the consequences were dire, indeed...

this is a situation where the consequences could be dire, where assumptions and ignoring the facts and truth could ruin one's life. If he knew the truth about this drug and actualy was educated on it, his decision would have been influenced otherwise, and he would not have taken the drug in the first place. if the people who make influences on a video game console could assume so much, then what else will they assume on to get them to where they are? well...my point is, being ignorant could cost u, sometimes a lot, and sometimes a little, but no matter what, it is not pleasant

sorry if its too much to read just bare with me its really interesting i promise you...and if ur gonna read my speech i spent a long time on, please comment it or rate it (if you know how to rate threads that is) thanks :D

RPGMasterTurk91 said:
ok, thats just what i need and i will counter it with basically the truth about it and why its stereotyped that way by you

1. Wii is primarily aimed at multiplayer gaming, but what about when i want single player?
Single player will be available with ALL games; u will still b able to play campaign mode or what not in the "4-player games" and can still verse ppl in your room; the online capability does not aim for every game, either...therefore, single player games will not be affected in any way because of the online capability

2. Your arm will get tired after a while
if you read the "101 FAQ on the Wii" on this site, it will tell you that this in NOT the case when you play...u obviously didnt read the extremely interesting and filled with info FAQ yet and i strongly suggest u do :D

3. Online gaming does not look to promising
What do you mean by that? it will not be as good as everyone thinks? afterall, you ARE the same person who was concerned about the single-player mode and therefore are not so happy about the online capability in the first place, since you are a "single player" type;

anyways, EVEN if the features of the online capability are poor, what the people want is to play multiplayer, multiplayer gaming is all about versing ppl all around the world, new opponents all the time, and having to find an opponent is a commonplace, unlike having to find someone in your household, 3 ppl that is for the most part

4. IN GENERAL, Games may be too kiddy
of course, i know what u mean by this...games that r kiddy include what? mario-type games? u have to remember that the Wii isnt just an improved gamecube; its actually a brand new generation of Nintendo gaming...i will explain this later in my "speech"

5. Picture quality may suffer on large hd screens
Nintendo has already clarified that this is NOT the case with large HD screens; you can find it if you do a little research...dont u think Nintendo thought about this already? or did they just let it slip?

Very well responded. thanks!

Edit: though i do disagree about ppl thinking only ps3 and 360 are the 'cool' systems, most ppl i know think wii is right up there if not better than the rest.

Last edited:
RPGMasterTurk91 said:
it makes me happy to here responses such as these, it makes me feel like i did a job-well-done :D

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? :smilewinkgrin:

Also, turks do rock and so does final fantasy

RPGMasterTurk91 said:
i hope you all read that link up above before u r reading my speech, as it offers a lot of information as well

Major Stereotypical View of the Wii: The Wii games will almost all be kiddie, mainly consisting of the same old repeats of mario-based games, just a different atmosphere. the Wii is just another improvement of the Gamecube, which means that people will buy another console and buy new games from it, which is really a "scam". the graphics will be nothing compared to the PS3 or the X-Box 360 and therefore will be bad.

Counter to these VERY misleading Views: The Wii is definately going to consist of Mario-based games, but these games are what makes the games fun, especially the four-player ones, which will now have online capability, making it a ton better...HOWEVER, despite this, the Wii will be more inviting to games rated "mature"; it will offer cool features with the Wii-mote on top of that, making it all the better. Many more RPG games will be released for the Wii as well. dont believe the fact that only kiddie games will play on the Wii; if people realize the truth, then the Wii will be in great competition with the PS3 and X-Box360...but the misleading information that the Wii will be another gamecube and will be no match to the all-mighty PS3 and X-Box360 is absolutely false; it will be deemed as one of the "cool" systyems (PS3 and X-box360 are deemed the "cool" sytems, u know what i mean, right?) DONT get the wrong idea that it will just be another Gamecube, just slightly better...it will ACTUALLY BE a NEW generation of gaming for Nintendo;

the Wii is something different than any other console from Nintendo...it will be focusing more on the "cool" views; a GREAT example is that the new Grand Theft Auto is coming on the Wii, something that will never make it to any other previous Nintendo systems, thus, Nintendo is doing something they never did before, therefore, making it purely different than its other consoles, and overall, more mature reviews. yes, the gamecube was mostly popular for the younger group (which is actually only party true), mainly because of its games, which this so-called "younger group" enjoyed.

Graphics: people argue that the graphics for the Wii will not be as good as the PS3 or X-Box360, let alone, the graphics r gonna suck...since when graphics better than the PS2 and X-box deemed bad? just because we have better graphics now doesnt mean that those graphics suck...in fact, the graphics r gonna be AWESOME, theyre not gonna be bad at all. in addition to this, it depends on the VIDEO GAME itself. some games tend to focus more on graphics than others. take Final Fantasy Tactics for example for the playstation, and SuperMario64 for the N64...which one was better? without a doubt, SuperMario64 (except for FFT's cut scenes, of course); FFT had poor graphics anyways, they looked like super nintendo! HOWEVER, this is what made the game a game...if the graphics were different, the game would be TOTALLY different, think about it...

now take Final Fantasy 9 and Super Smash Bros...which had better graphics? Final Fantasy 9 of course had better graphics, this game REALLY focused in on the graphics, and therefore was better in graphics than other N64 games, and vice versa for the N64 games in comparison to the Playstation games

I hope the "nonbelievers" learned something out of this; BTW, that stereotypical view on the Wii is a real view by critics, i didnt make it up, since people really do believe those misleading ideas

WHOA! listen to this edit: i just asked my brother not even a minute after i wrote the speech what people in his grade think about the Wii...he said that they said that its gonna be just like the gamecube; same-type, boring, kiddie games JUST like the Gamecube...i CLEARLY wrote in my speech the misleading ideas of the Wii to start off, and after i asked my brother, he told me right to my face that the Wii basically sucked...it turns out that he, too is convinced that the Wii is gonna be another gamecube and follows ALL of the sterotypical and ignorant views...this is EXACTLY what i mean, all of these people need to be taught the TRUTH about the Wii, these ideas are believed by my own peers it happaned just like that lol

Lisend i hope you don't mind but i copy pasted that speech to one of my friends because he think the Wii will suck and im trying to convince him that he's wrong..so hope you don't mind and thanks...

And For everyone eles lisend they will all be proven wrong so far wii is winning the gen war so yeah!!! WII WILL WIN!!!

Ronan said:
Edit: though i do disagree about ppl thinking only ps3 and 360 are the 'cool' systems, most ppl i know think wii is right up there if not better than the rest.

what i meant by this was that PS3 and X-Box360, as of right now, people dont know the exact truth about the Wii and therefore the Wii is looked down upon more than the others...they are called the "cool" systems because Nintendo has so-called "kiddie" games and the other consoles (PS3 and X-Box360) attracts more of the older group; its graphics and great games are much better they (the older group) think

Demon Slayer said:
Lisend i hope you don't mind but i copy pasted that speech to one of my friends because he think the Wii will suck and im trying to convince him that he's wrong..so hope you don't mind and thanks...

And For everyone eles lisend they will all be proven wrong so far wii is winning the gen war so yeah!!! WII WILL WIN!!!

Woohoo! no, im very glad u did that...its better that the people know the truth and base their decisions on fact, not fabricated assumptions. like i said, the speech is written on this site going towards the people who do not know this information already and who are stereotypical about the Wii. send it to more people if u please, i encourage u :D

RPGMasterTurk91 said:
Woohoo! no, im very glad u did that...its better that the people know the truth and base their decisions on fact, not fabricated assumptions. like i said, the speech is written on this site going towards the people who do not know this information already and who are stereotypical about the Wii. send it to more people if u please, i encourage u :D

Ok No Probleme i got a whole lots of ppl to send it to lol...

by all means, be my guest, i didnt write this speech to only go towards the members of this site, u r doing exactly what i want, to get this true news out to people

and like i said earlier (this part is going to everyone, not just demon slayer), i am not a Wii FANATIC or salesperson, but this speech may, after people read it and experience the truth for themselves, teach a lesson of not to assume all the time and be ignorant and base things off of popular views and assumptions--once people realize this and experience it first-hand, they might just stop assuming like they did on these stereotypical views on such a small concept such as the Wii! do u get it? im using a small concept such as the Wii to aid others to make better decisions for future use :)

RPGMasterTurk91 said:
But where is everyone else? lol there are no other views on this?
Don't worry you'll have other post you just have to wait...i already post a thread and no one reaplied that night and the next day their was 30 of them...

Back