This TRUTH will change your [stereotypical/ignorant] views on the Wii!

yeah raw horsepower is great and all but I dont think the gaming experience of the ps3 will even come close to that of the wii. I like eye candy too but I would much rather sit down to fun games, something that nintendo has done since the beginning. Think about it what are some of the best titles ever released in the history of gaming.
-mario-
-zelda-
-metroid-
-starfox- any of these games ring a bell. Nintendo knows what they are doing and as for horsepower they have all they need with just the wiimote and the titles they are releasing.

darthbeaverxp said:
Im never buying a wii for these reasons:

-Horrible graphics (dont try to argue that the game value makes up for them because my next point covers this AND ps3's games have great game values and plots). And yes graphics matter, it adds to the atmosphere and beaty of the game, and realism.
-All the wii games look really boring, no next-gen.
-Gamecube sucked so I am not motivated to get a wii after i played the gamecube
-Controller looks hard to use
-Online gameplay (if any) won't be as good as ps3 and 360's.
-Too many little kid games that dont suit me. Like mario & Monkey ball.
-RE5 wont be on it
-Can it even play cd's and dvd's?
-It wont have as much space available for the discs like in ps3, so the games (i imagine) will be shorter with less content
-I'm 16, nintendo products are good family friendly games and little kid games and im not either of those two, I was brought up playing action packed, gory, intense games
-The first game console I ever played was a playstation
-It lacks the cool features that the other consoles have, like yeah im not gonna give a list of the things it lacks that the other consoles have cuz theres quite a bit
-And at those events whic hwere held where the public could line up to play ps3 and wii (sry i forget the name of the events) i heard that the line was really small for wii, and i read reviews of people that played it, they said some cool things about wii but they all said the graphics lacked and they said ps3 was just amazing so im so sorry its just, hands down, iv had my eye on ps3 for some time now and all my favorite sequels will be on it, along with new badass games.

Sorry for such a negative poste wii fans, I mean no offence to anyone im just literally replying to the requested thread "why arent u buying a wii" and my reasons are why im not, i dont wanna lie. Im very open about it. Sorry for being such a sony fanboy in this reply, my apologies if iv stirred up anger, just know im not trying to dishearten or threaten anyone. Please dont ban me or anything lol.

sorry i havent beeon on the forums for a while i apologize for this inconvenience was busy the last couple of days :crazy:

First of all, a quick reminder that im not a Wii salesmen and im not trying to necessarily convince anyone to buy the Wii; im providing facts that others do not know of and are therefore basing there decisions based on their little knowledge.

Well, a response ot this quote is easy, since its obvious u DIDNT read the speech; i wouldnt want to repeat my speech all over again...just read it one more time through thoroughly, including the posts on this thread, since ppl have already asked some of these questions and i have responded to them through here. browse through the posts to find more answers to questions, since some of your comments have already been countered (u probably just skipped through the forum after u read my speech and wrote this according to that alone; this is somewhat what i mean by ignorance)

To counter some things that werent necessarily covered, Nintendo's signiture games, or first party games, will definately remain! they are popular for their Mario-type games and what not; this doesnt mean that games rated M (mature) will be a minority however. Nintendo will keep their first-party games and make sequals to them (like Mario Party 8 or Mario Kart) because of their great success in the past; whos to say they wont be a great hit now? And like i said earlier, because of the more "cool" features of the Wii and super improvements from the Gamecube, the Wii will be a totally new console from Nintendo, something different--a new theme from any other Nintendo consoles previously released. i advise u read the "new generation of gaming" part especially for a full counter of this lol

Zaine06 said:
I wonder does the nintendo wii requires a memory card or memory stick.

To answer your question properly...

REMEMBER: to check out the URL i gave (except that one is broken, scroll down for the other one) in addition to my own speech. but before u read anything however, u shouldve read the "101 frequently asked questions" on this site; type that into the "search" section and it will show u it, written by i0n this will aid if not all, most of your technical questions about the Wii and many other things as well... make sure u check this out if u havent already! u will find out more information from here and your question will surely be answered

I read that but I still didn't understand the part about the memory cards or sticks. I read something about memory sticks i think???

xxwiiwiifanxx said:
Great speech, well done, everything i could have possibly said in a well put speech, and by the way, the graphics on the wii will have better graphics than the ps2 and x box, probably not by alot, but it will!

well, according to the games and how much graphics is spent on the game really tells which is better...some games for the PS3 will have better graphics, altho most of the time PS3 just because it has more p (Wii has 480p capacity), and other games for the Wii will have better graphics for the PS3...without a doubt this is true. Some Wii games may utilize the graphics more than some PS3 games

look at my speech for comparison of Playstation games Vs. Nintendo64 games, like Final Fantasy Tactics compared to Super Mario 64; remember, graphics make up what the game is like...Final Fantasy Tactics was the way it is because of its graphics; thats literally what made the game a game, its "poor" graphics that brought meaning to the game was key, in comparison to Super Mario 64, where it broke away from SNES and NES 2D graphics for the first time

Anyways, thanks for the comment! i appreciate it! :yesnod:

Blackjack said:
anyways
Very nice speech/answers there RPG, very informative and well written.
Nicely Done.
thank you, thank you =D

NOTE: I hope all of you realize the reason y i am multi-posting, sorry if i angered anyone, but i hope u understand y im doing so: When i get off of Wiichat forums, and the next time i go back on, i read all the comments i get on this thread (just like myspace, altho i dont have one lol); in order to respond to these comments, i cant just wait for someone else to talk in between my comments so that i can avoid multi-posting; i need to respond to everyones comments and replies directed to me so i can answer all at one time, making it easier for everyone and so that my responses are not scattered

thanks for understanding lol

Zaine06 said:
I read that but I still didn't understand the part about the memory cards or sticks. I read something about memory sticks i think???

read it again because thats where u read that "something" about memory sticks...to put it shortly, memory sticks or whatever they are im pretty sure is an option if u want more room or u need a portable memory stick to transfer to other Wiis and what not. other than that, the Wii has its own 52MB flash memory stored within its hardrive and saving and loading is made possible without the madatory use of a memory stick. its kind of like the X-Box, memory cards and what not are a choice but otherwise, u can save within the system itself

ask i0n if u must for better info on this, or read the 101 frequently asked questions again that will help

Last edited:
Oh are right thanks man. What happens to epona when she goes into the twilight realm, does she transform too? (LOL just kidding)

yup, she transforms into zelda.... and you have wild wolf, princess lovin. and that creapy thing thats on your back watches the hole thing... hay ask a silly question... well you know what they say...

hahah kidding as well. but that kind of "kid" was not ment for kids.. hahahah words R fun

White-Wolf said:
-Horrible graphics (dont try to argue that the game value makes up for them because my next point covers this AND ps3's games have great game values and plots). And yes graphics matter, it adds to the atmosphere and beaty of the game, and realism.

ps3 games will be around 70$ each, becuse of the blue media. You are paying an extra 10-15$ for a game with all languages on it. Thats not efficient. In one way it is, but not for the buyer, but for sony.

sonys lineup looks pritty bad too. But a servy taken by many japanies game makers say they are intrested in the wii more then any other console in terms of makeing games. Nintendo will have the most 3rd part support of any other console becuse the controler is so revolutionary. Who wins the 3rd parties wins the war. This is shown by playstation and playstation 2. The devkit for the ps3 sucks and its alot harder to make games super high rez.

-Gamecube sucked so I am not motivated to get a wii after i played the gamecube

sorry you may have a point. wii will be alot diffrent then the gamecube though.

if we go through life with god mode turned on, with no true challange overcome, thats a pritty much wasted life/game

online gameing for the wii will be free, it wont be for the xbox360 or ps3. You get what you pay for

-Too many little kid games that don’t suit me. Like mario & Monkey ball.

I dont like these games ether, but wii will get better 3rd part support as i have said above

-RE5 wont be on it

Are you sure about this? gamecube got alot of the re games in the past.

you dont have a dvd player yet?

-It wont have as much space available for the discs like in ps3, so the games (i imagine) will be shorter with less content

ps3 with blue media, all the space will be used to support all the languages of the games on one disc. You wont be getting more content with blue media. Most games don’t fill up a full dvd anyway. if a game uses all of blue medias space, its inefficient and bloated and may take alot longer to load. Game dzn has gotten bloated anyway. Also becuse wii wont support full out hd, their is alot less texture info that’s needed so a bigger disc isn’t needed to make the same game.

-I'm 16, Nintendo products are good family friendly games and little kid games and im not either of those two, I was brought up playing action packed, gory, intense games

I’m 24 and sick of shitty games that claim to be revolutionary. To many shitty games with good graphics. I want to play games different and i like Nintendo’s philosophy about games. It should be fun.

nintendo, but i liked playstation for awhile, but even though they have alot of games, they have alot of shitty games.

-It lacks the cool features that the other consoles have, like yeah im not gonna give a list of the things it lacks that the other consoles have cuz there’s quite a bit
the wii is cheaper. You get what you desire, a game system, if you want a computer, you should just get a computer. This half and half junk is hurting the game industry in my opinion. its gimmicky.

-And at those events whic hardwere held where the public could line up to play ps3 and wii (sry i forget the name of the events) i heard that the line was really small for wii, and i read reviews of people that played it, they said some cool things about wii but they all said the graphics lacked and they said ps3 was just amazing so im so sorry its just, hands down, iv had my eye on ps3 for some time now and all my favorite sequels will be on it, along with new badass games.

e3? playstation got blown out of the water by the wii. It was embracing. The playstations over heated, although i know it was the enclosure space, but it just showed how much people wanted fun when given a hands on choice.

If all the playstation is, is a xbox 360 with blue ray, or vise versa, I’m going with wii. Game Makers are buzzing about it. That’s a good sign. It means the love that game makers have for making games will be put into the wii. Different types of games will be made, and most of the time their will be no option to port these games to a ps3. Enix is actually delaying talk about kingdom hearts 3 because they want to see how many wiis are sold. If sony cant produce the ps3 fast enuff that means kingdom hearts 3 wont sell a lot of games and they want this to sell as its as big as ff. It wont go to xbox though, because enix doesn’t like the American system much. If sony looses kingdom hearts that’s a punch in the gut. It’s a console seller game. If the cant hold that title, it might be what kills them this console war. Right now sony has jack in terms of games. Good games may come out later, but not now, so judging wii on games out now is just as fickle. Although Zelda will be out on launch and that games going to rock.

i will get you the article about kingdomhearts if i can.

the wii is not for the conservative gamer. You should get whatever system you want to be truthfull, but i will be getting a wii, as it seems to be the system that packs the fun. Saying the wii sucks (not sure if you did say this, but anyway) just shows that you do not know what the system is about or what its trying to do.

nintendo dident get up one day and say crap, our system isent as good as the 360 or ps3. Our graphics will suck donky ****. Oh no.... so close to launch, what do we do?

Nintendo knows what its doing and stoped pandering to the other two systems and may have found the other two systems week points. the other systems are trying to be like computers, while nintendo is trying to be something a computer can never be.

If you get a wii, with zelda and the two rpgs, dragon quest and christal chronicles, by the time you finish 3 games, the really awsome games will be out.

Thanks for the reply man, I read the entire thing, but im still not convinced u know, just like im sure ur not convinced to buy a ps3 instead of a wii (or maybe ur more open minded than me with video games and more accepting). Just wanted to reply to some things u said. ps3 games are gonna be $60 each..not $70, thats what iv read everywhere, those are hte prices of seen on games. Online gaming for the ps3 is also free, havnt u heard? Thats why 360 is critisized so much, its the only next gen that has to pay to play online. Yea im sure re5 wont be coming out to wii cause thats what iv read everywhere, even on nintendo sights (like this one) iv read articles with bummed out fans complaining how re5 isnt being released to wii (as of yet, that might be changed) but capcom announced it was scheduled for only the 360 (why the 360? it doesnt make sense) and ps3. Personally i think it makes more sense of wii gets re5, i dont know why they gave it to 360, guess they want more fans. Yea i have a dvd player, but its hooked upstairs for my parents to use, so its convenient having another one down in my basement that can also web browse, play cd's and play video games.ps3 has 50GB of space available for discs, where as 360 and wii are using an hd dvd drive (or sumthing) and they both have 9GB. Thats 41 more GB's ps3 has, so yes this will allow better graphics and more detail in games.Oh and no the event wit hthe two lineups wasnt at E3, it was some local thing that took place in numerous cities and towns. Anyways i dont wanna start an arguement bud, im just clarifying certain aspects of the ps3's capabilities, but ill stop now cuz i imagine i sound really annoying trying to defend the ps3.

no problem. If thats the system you want, then you should get it. Im not a Nintendo fan boy, but i have a good computer, so i don't see the need to get a ps3. My bad about the disc price. Anyway, the wii just seems funner to me. Its not going to have hardcore graphics, but its going to be alot different, and its a very good way to make a choice between xbox 360 and ps3. If you can afford a ps3 you should get it, but i cant see myself supporting something thats alittle less then 3x the price of the wii. I dont feel like supporting the ps3 because they are trying to launch blue ray on the backs of gamers. Movies and games are two different things. I dont like tiered gaming, i liked it when thier was only one version of a console. I just think that 600 or even 400 for a game system is alittle bit too much to pay, and i dident like it when the n64 had overpriced games, and i don't like it that the ps3 will ether.

While i think i may miss some of the games that come to the ps3, I hope that if i support the wii, that really amazing games will be made soon.

I like the wii because its a pure game system and i am getting exactly what i am paying for. Something to play games on. Nothing more, nothing less. also zeldas new controls all so sold me. Zelda is a game that fuels my love for games.

I hear that ps3 online will cost money, you say it wont. I hear though that it will be free for so long and then it will start costing. I could be wrong, and i haven looked at too many sights about this, its just what i have herd. So take and before you buy, care and make sure that i am not wrong and your not in for a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:
White-Wolf said:
ps3 games will be around 70$ each, becuse of the blue media. You are paying an extra 10-15$ for a game with all languages on it. Thats not efficient. In one way it is, but not for the buyer, but for sony.

sonys lineup looks pritty bad too. But a servy taken by many japanies game makers say they are intrested in the wii more then any other console in terms of makeing games. Nintendo will have the most 3rd part support of any other console becuse the controler is so revolutionary. Who wins the 3rd parties wins the war. This is shown by playstation and playstation 2. The devkit for the ps3 sucks and its alot harder to make games super high rez.

if we go through life with god mode turned on, with no true challange overcome, thats a pritty much wasted life/game

online gameing for the wii will be free, it wont be for the xbox360 or ps3. You get what you pay for

-Too many little kid games that don’t suit me. Like mario & Monkey ball.

I dont like these games ether, but wii will get better 3rd part support as i have said above

-RE5 wont be on it

Are you sure about this? gamecube got alot of the re games in the past.

you dont have a dvd player yet?

ps3 with blue media, all the space will be used to support all the languages of the games on one disc. You wont be getting more content with blue media. Most games don’t fill up a full dvd anyway. if a game uses all of blue medias space, its inefficient and bloated and may take alot longer to load. Game dzn has gotten bloated anyway. Also becuse wii wont support full out hd, their is alot less texture info that’s needed so a bigger disc isn’t needed to make the same game.

-I'm 16, Nintendo products are good family friendly games and little kid games and im not either of those two, I was brought up playing action packed, gory, intense games

I’m 24 and sick of shitty games that claim to be revolutionary. To many shitty games with good graphics. I want to play games different and i like Nintendo’s philosophy about games. It should be fun.

nintendo, but i liked playstation for awhile, but even though they have alot of games, they have alot of shitty games.

-It lacks the cool features that the other consoles have, like yeah im not gonna give a list of the things it lacks that the other consoles have cuz there’s quite a bit
the wii is cheaper. You get what you desire, a game system, if you want a computer, you should just get a computer. This half and half junk is hurting the game industry in my opinion. its gimmicky.

-And at those events whic hardwere held where the public could line up to play ps3 and wii (sry i forget the name of the events) i heard that the line was really small for wii, and i read reviews of people that played it, they said some cool things about wii but they all said the graphics lacked and they said ps3 was just amazing so im so sorry its just, hands down, iv had my eye on ps3 for some time now and all my favorite sequels will be on it, along with new badass games.

e3? playstation got blown out of the water by the wii. It was embracing. The playstations over heated, although i know it was the enclosure space, but it just showed how much people wanted fun when given a hands on choice.

If all the playstation is, is a xbox 360 with blue ray, or vise versa, I’m going with wii. Game Makers are buzzing about it. That’s a good sign. It means the love that game makers have for making games will be put into the wii. Different types of games will be made, and most of the time their will be no option to port these games to a ps3. Enix is actually delaying talk about kingdom hearts 3 because they want to see how many wiis are sold. If sony cant produce the ps3 fast enuff that means kingdom hearts 3 wont sell a lot of games and they want this to sell as its as big as ff. It wont go to xbox though, because enix doesn’t like the American system much. If sony looses kingdom hearts that’s a punch in the gut. It’s a console seller game. If the cant hold that title, it might be what kills them this console war. Right now sony has jack in terms of games. Good games may come out later, but not now, so judging wii on games out now is just as fickle. Although Zelda will be out on launch and that games going to rock.

i will get you the article about kingdomhearts if i can.

the wii is not for the conservative gamer. You should get whatever system you want to be truthfull, but i will be getting a wii, as it seems to be the system that packs the fun. Saying the wii sucks (not sure if you did say this, but anyway) just shows that you do not know what the system is about or what its trying to do.

nintendo dident get up one day and say crap, our system isent as good as the 360 or ps3. Our graphics will suck donky ****. Oh no.... so close to launch, what do we do?

Nintendo knows what its doing and stoped pandering to the other two systems and may have found the other two systems week points. the other systems are trying to be like computers, while nintendo is trying to be something a computer can never be.

If you get a wii, with zelda and the two rpgs, dragon quest and christal chronicles, by the time you finish 3 games, the really awsome games will be out.
...yes I think you def won

Sony is trying to rest on a new media format that might not even fly with consumers, need I remind people of the last format they used... UMD, and where is that now. It is being discontinued. You would think they would learn from their last failure. Developers are already having problems developing for the ps3 and there has been a stack of titles that will be pushed back further from launch. Nintendo is using a media that may not be the "latest and greatest" but it has proven to be a sturdy easily developed media. And as for the xbox 360 the hd dvd drive is going to cost $150.00 so after buying the premium package with a game and the new drive you are looking at the price of a ps3. And nintendo though they are not pushing a hard drive or anything and just using flash based memory, that stuff is cheap now.

Cool article. I hope the wii doesnt have alotta unnecessary gadgets and things for the wii.

darthbeaverxp said:
Thanks for the reply man, I read the entire thing, but im still not convinced u know, just like im sure ur not convinced to buy a ps3 instead of a wii (or maybe ur more open minded than me with video games and more accepting). Just wanted to reply to some things u said. ps3 games are gonna be $60 each..not $70, thats what iv read everywhere, those are hte prices of seen on games. Online gaming for the ps3 is also free, havnt u heard? Thats why 360 is critisized so much, its the only next gen that has to pay to play online. Yea im sure re5 wont be coming out to wii cause thats what iv read everywhere, even on nintendo sights (like this one) iv read articles with bummed out fans complaining how re5 isnt being released to wii (as of yet, that might be changed) but capcom announced it was scheduled for only the 360 (why the 360? it doesnt make sense) and ps3. Personally i think it makes more sense of wii gets re5, i dont know why they gave it to 360, guess they want more fans. Yea i have a dvd player, but its hooked upstairs for my parents to use, so its convenient having another one down in my basement that can also web browse, play cd's and play video games.ps3 has 50GB of space available for discs, where as 360 and wii are using an hd dvd drive (or sumthing) and they both have 9GB. Thats 41 more GB's ps3 has, so yes this will allow better graphics and more detail in games.Oh and no the event wit hthe two lineups wasnt at E3, it was some local thing that took place in numerous cities and towns. Anyways i dont wanna start an arguement bud, im just clarifying certain aspects of the ps3's capabilities, but ill stop now cuz i imagine i sound really annoying trying to defend the ps3.
heres some things for you one of your reasons for not getting a wii is that you there is a web browser look for your self web just look oh yeah you can download mp3s ive heard so mp3 are cds on the wii think of the space you save lol :smilewinkgrin:

Back