This whole Wiimote strap recall thing....

I'm not saying this was planned by Nintendo, but you can't get better press than having a worldwide recall on one of the most popular items of this holiday season. Do you really think they need to recall the straps?

If you've turned on the news lately, you see the Wii everywhere. I don't really think they need a publicity stunt. I think it's more along the lines of saving themselves the trouble of dealing with hoards of ridiculous lawsuits and as a response to all the news stories talking about people launching their WiiMotes into TVs. Just something to make people feel a little bit safer.

Wiired said:
:lol: nah, but sorta stupid that he said one sentence, with no detail or reasoning for saying it, woulda got better response if he just said it out loud to himself.

alocubano1110 said:
interesting...

This guy understood. The post made him think. Do I have to do all of the thinking for you?

Last edited:
Blipstein said:
This guy understood. The post made him think. Do I have to do all of the thinking for you?
:lol: nah nah, tis just nice to see what your thinking, and I agree with what you said in an earlier post :) because I agree, they're using a couple of violent players a way to attract more people, though I don't understand why people would be attracted by a product that breaks.. but I know a lot of people will be trying to get new straps, just 'cause they can. But for sure, there's news about broken straps everywhere with the such of injuries, and with people seeing that Nintendo are doing something about it to try and prevent this happening, I think it will make people interested.

Take someone who doesnt know much about the Wii...all they know is that it's a new home game system. Then they see on the news about a recall on a wrist strap because people are launching them into there TV's. People are gonna ask themselves "What kind of freakin game system is this where people are breaking there TV's?"....."Why would you need a wrist strap?" It's the perfect way to let the general public know that the Wii is a revolutionary product...or at least make them think that.

True, but the Wii has still been ALL OVER the news. Even before the wrist strap recall, there were news stories about the "revolutionary console" as well as stories about people launching WiiMotes into TVs.

1) It's not a recall, it's a replacement service.
2) It's not positive advertisement. people who dont know anything about the Wii (as you were suggesting) who see this on the news or online misinterpet it as something bad.

Oh noz!!! Nintendo is having a recall with their Wii's? I guess the 360 and PS3 are better!

wrong.

I think it's just nintendo trying to shut up the idiots who broke the straps, and trying to avoid any stupid lawsuits from said idiots.

-SpideyKonfusion :p

EDIT: wow, i post here and the VERY next thread i look in proves me right. this place sure has a lot of retards....*sigh* :frown2:

Last edited:
Back