Those Stupis NOOBS!

Whitefire

WiiChat Member
Jan 29, 2011
Australia
So pretty much here post any noob moments u get in Goldeneye 007 wii.
The one thing i hate is being blown up by a grenade launcher, im kool with that until i check they are level 4!!! I am fine if someone over level 15 or 20 killing me with a grenade launcher cause i no they got experience, also once i saw some guy shooting a noob on top of the bridge thing in Jungle and he jumped off right in front of me, as soon as he landed i meeleed! silly noob :p

I had a level 51'er going nuts with a Grenade launcher.
:thumbdown:

The one thing i hate is being blown up by a grenade launcher, im kool with that until i check they are level 4!!! I am fine if someone over level 15 or 20 killing me with a grenade launcher cause i no they got experience, also once i saw some guy shooting a noob on top of the bridge thing in Jungle and he jumped off right in front of me, as soon as he landed i meeleed! silly noob :p
In all honesty I think you got it backwards bub. I'd much prefer a lvl 4 using a tube then a lvl 20. Lvl 20's should know how to use a freakin gun by then. Tubers are meh anyways. They never win.

In all honesty I think you got it backwards bub. I'd much prefer a lvl 4 using a tube then a lvl 20. Lvl 20's should know how to use a freakin gun by then. Tubers are meh anyways. They never win.

i'm lvl 20 and use the grenade launcher, whats wrong with using things to get 2 extra kills to your streak? also like to say that the grenade launcher has made me win several times on goldengun and by a long distance, grenade launcher, then about 10 people with the golden gun before someone does it back to you..works well.
i used to only use the assult riffle one because of the smoke grenades that come with it, but i found a good advantage in the grenade launcher, gets you out of trouble if you have 2 guys on.

i'm lvl 20 and use the grenade launcher, whats wrong with using things to get 2 extra kills to your streak? also like to say that the grenade launcher has made me win several times on goldengun and by a long distance, grenade launcher, then about 10 people with the golden gun before someone does it back to you..works well.
i used to only use the assult riffle one because of the smoke grenades that come with it, but i found a good advantage in the grenade launcher, gets you out of trouble if you have 2 guys on.

If you are using it to stratagize then that's okay.

It's the people that abuse them and blast everything to try and get a kill, that's what pisses people off. And makes everyone hate the grenade launcher. By right it shouldn't be available to noobs. It should be something that has to be unlocked in the 40's or 50's.

multiple toobers in archives...grrrr
Anyway...
A lot has been said about the Xp system, although it's a tough grind I believe it's purpose is to train you properly for each weapon, gadget and attachment you aquire. By playing hours/days and so on you begin to understand the ins and outs of each level, each gadget, the best time to rush, when to camp, what loadouts to use and when to use them.
Imagin when you start out everone has every gun. You really cant expect to have an exciting game when everyone (including you) is a level 1-3's all using proxies, toobs and themal scopes, you wouldn't have the experience to use them and the game would get boring very quickly (well maybe not...but thats not my point).
To put that in perspective, i really hated the terralite when I first obtained it but that was only due to the fact that I had very little experience with it. 200K xp later and having used it heaps I now love it and can rack up 10+ kill streaks regularly. Similarly at the moment I hate the masterton, everytime I play as zurkovski, that's because I havent the playtime or experience yet to wield it's furious power, however 700K xp from now and a few more days worth of playtime and I'll own! :yesnod:
So for anyone who uses the toob (because it's fun and makes things go BOOM), I say go on and enjoy it, but know that you are only limiting yourself from improving.
I've never seen anyone with a tube get a 2/1 KDR (more like 2/3). You can only get 2 BOOM's per life and will generally end up killing yourself in the process. Your XP per game will average around 200 per game and it will take you 10 years to level up to the really good weapons (anova, strata, ivana etc).
Finally, all I can only say to those who complain is forget about it, you can't change it. Just be happy in the fact that when you get a toober ingame it gives you a purpose, a drive, a goal. Killing that level 21 toober and finishing with 800xp and 9 accolades is all you need.
Trust me, when you're pushing through the 40-50's and seamingly getting nowhere, it's that toober, that purpose that will get you through.
Cheers, that is all

Last edited:

If you are using it to stratagize then that's okay.

It's the people that abuse them and blast everything to try and get a kill, that's what pisses people off. And makes everyone hate the grenade launcher. By right it shouldn't be available to noobs. It should be something that has to be unlocked in the 40's or 50's.

Yeah can imagine that sucks, i'm yet to run into an idiot doing that. in fairness i only use it on the docks and goldeneye just to blast those turds waiting in the back. most of the time i just use my custom loadout which is the assualt riffle gun, whatever it is, with a silencer.. stealth mode :)
may stop using the launcher all together as it seems to piss alot of people off here... :/

Yeah can imagine that sucks, i'm yet to run into an idiot doing that. in fairness i only use it on the docks and goldeneye just to blast those turds waiting in the back. most of the time i just use my custom loadout which is the assualt riffle gun, whatever it is, with a silencer.. stealth mode :) may stop using the launcher all together as it seems to piss alot of people off here... :/

You mean the Kallos? I liked that rifle when I was where you are now. Wait till 25 I think when you unlock the Terralite. Puts the Kallos to shame... I'm sure you know that by picking one up in battle.

I refuse to use the Grenade Launcher until I unlock it.

multiple toobers in archives...grrrr
Anyway...
A lot has been said about the Xp system, although it's a tough grind I believe it's purpose is to train you properly for each weapon, gadget and attachment you aquire. By playing hours/days and so on you begin to understand the ins and outs of each level, each gadget, the best time to rush, when to camp, what loadouts to use and when to use them.
Imagin when you start out everone has every gun. You really cant expect to have an exciting game when everyone (including you) is a level 1-3's all using proxies, toobs and themal scopes, you wouldn't have the experience to use them and the game would get boring very quickly (well maybe not...but thats not my point).
To put that in perspective, i really hated the terralite when I first obtained it but that was only due to the fact that I had very little experience with it. 200K xp later and having used it heaps I now love it and can rack up 10+ kill streaks regularly. Similarly at the moment I hate the masterton, everytime I play as zurkovski, that's because I havent the playtime or experience yet to wield it's furious power, however 700K xp from now and a few more days worth of playtime and I'll own! :yesnod:
So for anyone who uses the toob (because it's fun and makes things go BOOM), I say go on and enjoy it, but know that you are only limiting yourself from improving.
I've never seen anyone with a tube get a 2/1 KDR (more like 2/3). You can only get 2 BOOM's per life and will generally end up killing yourself in the process. Your XP per game will average around 200 per game and it will take you 10 years to level up to the really good weapons (anova, strata, ivana etc).
Finally, all I can only say to those who complain is forget about it, you can't change it. Just be happy in the fact that when you get a toober ingame it gives you a purpose, a drive, a goal. Killing that level 21 toober and finishing with 800xp and 9 accolades is all you need.
Trust me, when you're pushing through the 40-50's and seamingly getting nowhere, it's that toober, that purpose that will get you through.
Cheers, that is all

I have to say, I really like what you said on this one. Well done :) I totally agree.

The only time I've actually become enraged at noobtubing was in The Conduit.( You voted on the weapon sets, guess which set was always picked?)
But Hoot, you are completely right.

I had a level 51'er going nuts with a Grenade launcher.
:thumbdown:

He prolly just unlocked it and was having some fun. When I unlomcked mine I busted it out for a day or two. I have never been a toober so I wanted to have fun for a few.

I think the toob should never had been a option for noobs, ruins the game a tad. It takes no talent to use and screws people outta streaks cuz someone has to resort to it....damn noobs! I agree with succthis on his points.

One of my main problems with noobs is their need to spawn 20 times a game as hero....do they not realize spawning is an option not a commandment?

Last edited:
Back