Thread of Smash

Redd's no joke last I checked, but Shroomed is the real threat of that pool. Your friend lucked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzx2iUGpHZs&list=PLAMcd1HCHb8Slmgs5MrXEe_fBBv1KSPKB&index=1

Hey guys, want to teach a scrub(fish) how to play a game? Then be my guest! A buddy of mine and I ran some games and recorded them so others could tell us how to improve. I'm the one that didn't play Marth lol. I'm really not worried about my Falco (because it's terrible and I wanted people to see my friend's problems with playing against the character), but I would like Doctor Mario advice, and this is a day 1.5 Sheik, so I would love some feedback on her as well.

Thanks guys!

MR will definitely have advice for ya.

Sheik should never drop 'n second jump for refreshing ledge invincibility, lern 2 [STRIKE]m2k[/STRIKE] sweetspot Up-B with fast falling.

Were those F-smashes intentional, or no? Even I know the move is 'Karp-awful in Melee, so if they were intentional, stop doin' that intentionally.

Dunno if Sheik should be full-hopping, 'specially against Marth and his dreaded U-tilt. Maybe if coming down with N-air?

Possibly most importantly of all, needz moar needles.

I did notice you used needles during (failed) edge guards. Pretty sure needles are used t' edge guard only when an opponent is recovering low/they're fully charged. From what I've seen, her bullshit aerials or some mindgame stuff are best suited to high recoveries.

Hey guys, want to teach a scrub(fish) how to play a game?

That comment didn't go the way I was expectin'. :lol:

Sheik should never drop 'n second jump for refreshing ledge invincibility, lern 2 [STRIKE]m2k[/STRIKE] sweetspot Up-B with fast falling.
That makes sense. I'll be sure to practice that. Definitely makes better sense to do :lol:

Were those F-smashes intentional, or no? Even I know the move is 'Karp-awful in Melee, so if they were intentional, stop doin' that intentionally.
I know this. I find myself doing it from time to time, but I know it's pretty terrible :lol:. I am currently working on getting this out of my system.

Dunno if Sheik should be full-hopping, 'specially against Marth and his dreaded U-tilt. Maybe if coming down with N-air?
Makes sense. Marth does seem to do really well when a character is above him. I'll try to keep myself from getting in this position

Possibly most importantly of all, needz moar needles.
Right, right. Should I bother with the ledge drop for Needles? Or is that just something flashy people do instead of just gather needles on stage?

I did notice you used needles during (failed) edge guards. Pretty sure needles are used t' edge guard only when an opponent is recovering low/they're fully charged. From what I've seen, her bullshit aerials or some mindgame stuff are best suited to high recoveries.
Gotcha. I'll definitely keep that in mind. I know some of that was to try and practice angles, but I'm sure some of them were trying to be legitimate edgeguards :lol:
Is her Bair one of her better edge gaurds? I don't really know, but it seems that Fair doesn't have that much range on it.

That comment didn't go the way I was expectin'. :lol:
I've only been playing Melee since October. I know I'm bad at the game :lol:

Back