Thread of Smash

Right, right. Should I bother with the ledge drop for Needles? Or is that just something flashy people do instead of just gather needles on stage?

As in, dropping so you can charge needles, then usin' Up-B to nab the ledge again? Only if you want a FFAerial to stage spike ya/get edge hogged.

Is her Bair one of her better edge gaurds? I don't really know, but it seems that Fair doesn't have that much range on it.

If you can connect F-air (trade or not), ya should probably do it. As you know, it's one'a the best KO moves out there. Half from the knockback, half from the bullshit knockback angle. B-air is great but I've seen a lot'a the pros do rising N-air as well for edgeguards. Dunno which has better knockback and/or priority. Ain't a Sheik/Melee player, the statistics of that sort aren't for me t' know.

Also, you can D-tilt -> F-air players that fail to sweetspot the ledge ('specially if you can CC their recovery move; ohai Marth).

As in, dropping so you can charge needles, then usin' Up-B to nab the ledge again? Only if you want a FFAerial to stage spike ya/get edge hogged.
I'll take that as a "Don't bother with it" :lol:. I've just seen people do it as apposed to doing it on stage.

If you can connect F-air (trade or not), ya should probably do it. As you know, it's one'a the best KO moves out there. Half from the knockback, half from the bullshit knockback angle. B-air is great but I've seen a lot'a the pros do rising N-air as well for edgeguards. Dunno which has better knockback and/or priority. Ain't a Sheik/Melee player, the statistics of that sort aren't for me t' know.

Also, you can D-tilt -> F-air players that fail to sweetspot the ledge ('specially if you can CC their recovery move; ohai Marth).

Yeah, I'm aware. It's just that as you can see in the videos, I tried Fairing, but what just greeted with a blade. While it could just be me being bad, I feel like Marth especially has a significant advantage when going for that. I'll see how Nair and Bair do against the high Marth recovery.

I'll be sure to try the D-tilt Fair.

MR will definitely have advice for ya.

Sheik should never drop 'n second jump for refreshing ledge invincibility, lern 2 [STRIKE]m2k[/STRIKE] sweetspot Up-B with fast falling.
There's actually a trick in doing this technique. It's called the Shino Stall if you use it consecutively.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbEyb7EHAOI
If I remember correctly, to do this you need to press Down then Jump on the ledge (forgot what that is called) then use Shiek's Up B and hold Down. Once you see the explosion let go and you should be back on the ledge. Doing it fast enough will make you invincible.

Since Dash Dancing is very limited with Shiek, use Wavedashing for precise mobility.

Learning to follow up Shiek's Down Throw is very important. It was actually nerfed in the European version.

I will give more advice later.

Oh another thing about Shiek: Don't use Dash Attack on low percent opponents. They will Crouch Cancel it. But it's probably fine to use it anyway once in a while.

Because Shiek has a short dash, Dash Canceling is a good option but like any option using it too much makes you predictable.

Speaking of all of this, I should start following my advice more often.

The only Hawkeye that matters
Maybe_Riza3.jpg

Now you're tryin' to incite a Marvel vs. DC riot on Wiichat. Do ya have a death wish?

green > purple

Back