Thread of Smash

I used t' know a godlike Ness, went by the generic name of "Light". He did all that **** seen in the video; including pursuin' me off-stage like a man with Captain Falcon-sized balls; and plenty more. I never asked, but there's simply no way he wasn't a tourneypro. Easily the best player I've ever had the honor t' Brawl with. Even in my best years, I don't ****in' know how I ever got any wins on 'em if he didn't bloody SD thrice lol.

He's the only man t' ever 3-stock me in my prime years moar than once... ;_;

Their multiple "King of the Ledge" style bouts indicate otherwise. :lol:

I have those myself far too often... and end in failure too often as well since I'm a bloody Wolf main.

I was looking at all the stickies in the Super Smash section
Some of them have not been touched in years
Others have no more relevance as Smash 4 is on the way
One is even locked

Should we unsticky them?

I used t' know a godlike Ness, went by the generic name of "Light". He did all that **** seen in the video; including pursuin' me off-stage like a man with Captain Falcon-sized balls; and plenty more.
Ness can easily do that, being a lightweight and having a great recovery move.

Unlike some characters, whereas if you go more than an inch off the stage you're screwed (ohai sig)

No Trago, you're horrifically wrong again. :lol: Ness' recovery is absolutely terrible. Not because it has no range like Link's persay, but because it's hilariously easy t' gimp. You do not go off-stage with Ness unless ya know exactly what t' do. One mistake and the foe you're tryin' to gimp has suddenly footstool'd ya and then proceeds t' kill Ness' Up B, turning the gimper into the gimped. Ness has great tools for keepin' foes from the ledge, but literally going off-stage to the point ya might need t' Up B to get back on, in pursuit of an enemy, is downright risky as all hell. It's even suicide in certain match-ups 'less you predict the foe perfectly.

... Ike is also amazingly good at keepin' foes off the stage as well as pursuing the foe off-stage; and is never in as much risk as a Ness off-stage is.

Last edited:
Ike is also amazingly good at keepin' foes off the stage as well as pursuing the foe off-stage; and is never in as much risk as a Ness off-stage is.
Oh right, I forgot about Quick Draw. Meh.

Does anyone else realize that Castle Siege is perfect for Marth, while it's a nightmare for a CPU Ike?
I tested it out, and the Ike wasn't even close to the ledge most of the time he tried to recover. Maybe Quick Draw can come in handy sometimes. Huh.

I don't know much 'bout Castle Siege, but even I can tell was designed t' aid the FE characters. On the starting stage, the floating two platforms are pretty easy for the both'a them t' abuse. The difference in stage height allows for the swordsmen t' bypass any projectiles the foe manages t' use, despite the stage's small length.

Stage two has those statues which soak up projectiles. Lastly, stage three's tilting really helps Marth t' abuse aerial approaches IMO. If you're above 'em, just F-air while backin' up and you can be pretty damn safe. If you're below, F-air and N-air with impunity.

There's probably things 'bout any of the stages that hurt Ike 'n Marth that I don't know... 'specially match-up specific guff. I ain't no Ike or Marth player after all, I'm mostly just speakin' diarrhea of the mouth currently. :lol:

Oh right, I forgot about Quick Draw. Meh.

No, Quick Draw is a horrible move for recovery unless you're at a specific angle high above the stage... and even then it's by no means good. It's a nigh-guaranteed punish even if ya make it back onto the stage, or even an easy gimp if they just jump up to ya and air dodge whenever it's used at an improper time (most of the time). Faster falling characters can then double jump and meteor smash/similar fall-speed characters can just meteor via tilt if you're in a position t' fall on the ledge.

That, or just-plain edge hog. Quick Draw is not like spacies' Side-B in that it's bad for recovery. It's another option, but a poor one.

Quick Draw is better for approaching, as in you can get a fast jab in there or an Up-Tilt.
But still the best approach is the RAR B-air

Quick Draw is Ike's laggiest move, it has a very high chance of being dodged and countered quickly.

I only sometimes use it for recovery, when I see the right time and spot.

Quick Draw is Ike's laggiest move, it has a very high chance of being dodged and countered quickly.
Not at all
It's all about timing and spacing
If you space wrong or use it at an improper time then yes, you will be severely punished
If you do space right then it covers ground and pressures the opponent with jabs immediately after if you buffer correctly

Not at all
It's all about timing and spacing
If you space wrong or use it at an improper time then yes, you will be severely punished
If you do space right then it covers ground and pressures the opponent with jabs immediately after if you buffer correctly
Quick Draw......used to move while on the stage? Never thought of that.
I should try it out sometime, and like you said combining with Jab sounds like a good strategy.

Does anyone know how to use Marth's Dancing Blade very quickly? I'm practicing but it seems only luck works with it.

Back