Thrillville Questions

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
For those that have played the previous version...I know you can ride your own coasters, but can you ride other rides? I'm not too sure what other rides you can build but, merry-go-round, egg scrambler, ferris wheel...can you ride those sort of rides as well? Is their a good variety of rides?

As well in this new game, can you not use the WHOA coasters and just make normal coasters? Is it possible to have a coaster crash?

Any other thoughts or tidbits on the game?

I have played the original and I loved it. I played it on PSP and will probably do the same with the new one. You can ride every single ride in the original and I believe you can do the same in the new one. I haven't had any coaster crashes in the game though so I don't know if it is possible or not.

Thanks, sounds like one I should pick up. I loved Rollercoaster Tycoon, but nobody would ride the coasters I built because they were too intense......

Thrillville: Off The Rails - ROCKS!

Hi,

I bought Thrillville: Off The Rails, the other day and it's one of the best, if the not most fun video games I've ever played.

It's an Amusement part simulation - where you run the park as well as create Roller Coasters and Race Tracks. You get to ride every Thrill Ride in the park - you have missions to completes they can vary from small tasks to large ones.

You can converse with all the people around you - and hold meaningful conversations - though some can turn out a bit kinky. You can also flirt with the ladies or the men - it's twisted and fun.

And when it comes to Coaster building - the interface is something exquisite - and something I"ve never, ever seen before - IT's EASY TO USE!!!

Very east to use. The Coasters are WHOA Coasters - you can add thrills to each coaster - things that you see that make you go "WHOA!"

You can ride any ride - ride the coasters you built - and the Whoa's are awe inspiring. Whoever thought of them should be commended.

Items like:

Pendulem - where there's a gap betwen the tracks - your car is picked up by a giant pendulem and swung across the gap.

or you can add rings of fire - or cans of dynamites that ignite and explode as your coaster car goes through them

when you build a coaster you can tilt your track to cut down on the nausea rating of the people riding it. And as you build you can monitor the Thrills and Nausea levels. The ideal is to get high levels of Thrills and low levels of nausea. If the nausea levels are high, your patrons will get sick after riding it - you'll see them get off, stagger around, then bend over and, well you know. It's a hoot.

Theres also one coaster that pre-built that suddendly ends at no track and you're catapulted into the air - but you have a parachute on and you land safely on the ground.

And as in other sims - you need to hire and train your workers - in this case - your entertainers - cheerleaders who you train to the beat of a song, maintance workers who you train by fixing the wiring in motherboards and grounds keepers who you train by vacuuming up paper and washing up vomit. And for the stands that sell soda, food and hats, there is a basic minigame in different variations you need to play to increase sales.

As your score increases, more parks open up for you to play in. And more missions open up for you to do.

For the park's games - they are great! You can play against other characters by challenging them, or you can just play them. Some of the racing games are terrific - and tough to beat. While other games, such as Saucer Sumo - where you control a saucer and try to knock the other saucers off the stage - had me laughing and shouting so hard that I'm sure my neighbor's down the hill heard me.

This game is going to be a big hit - just like the original Thrillville - get it before the sheves are empty.

Ken

Games in purchase order (with my ratings)

1. Wii Sports :) :) :)

2. Wii Play :) :) :)

3. Rapala Tournament Fishing ;) :sick:

4. Chicken Shoot :yikes:

5. Mario Party 8 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

6. Legend of Zelda :worship: :scared: :confused:

7. Carnival :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

8. Rayman Raving Rabbids :yikes: :devil:

9. Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz :thumbsup: :cornut:

10. Tamagotchi: Party On! :yesnod:

11. Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party :cool: :cool:

12. Super Paper Mario :worship: