Throw out everything youve heard about release dates on video game store sights...

nic7 said:
Yeah, im not saying that my metroid, brawl, and galaxy estimates are right, but trust me, none of those titles will be released before late summer because nintendo wont want that. The closer you release games to the holiday season, the better sales...prolly
yup

people: theres a difference between Educated Guesses, and Guesses base upon what you want

and people, stop doubting NIC7, HES ****IN RIGHT

ThatGuy127 said:
If we can't trust the websites, why should we trust you...

Well if you're not with us, then you're against us.

But the answer is you shouldn't. Bottom line: no one knows, so don't believe any release date. It is also advised to not get your hopes up, because logically it probably won't come out till late summer at the absolute earliest.

Because I used the word logically, my statements are automatically known to be fact. Gamestop, EB, Best Buy, nor any other store that sells games has used the word logically when giving their release dates to my knowledge, so they are false.

I was hoping for Prime in Spring, Brawl in Summer and Galaxy in Fall. It looks like they will probably be in that same order, but much closer together, and closer to the latter part of the year. Hey, if it means having an incredible online gaming experience for years to come, I would wait another year for both Brawl and Prime. It seems that online Brawl is nearly a done deal. But I will be very sad if Prime is not online, because this is far from being confirmed...

But I heard it from my sister, who's friend's cousin's aunt's son's girlfriend's half-brother works in Nintendo's accounting department! Why won't you believe me?

nic7 said:
People, you have to quit using data from best buy, game stop, eb games, target, wal-mart, or what-ever the hell store site you went to use that gives you some sort of release date that isnt confirmed by nintendo or another 3rd party company.

99% of the time these web sites are going to be wrong.

Some other side notes

Brawl will NOT launch until late summer of later. (nintendo is going to perfect this title as they did with zelda)

Metroid will probably launch slightly before or after that( i figure they will delay this long enough to put some decent online in it)

Galaxy will be right along with them. ( probably an oct. or nov. launch, just so that wii's are gonna be hard to find again and get people interested again)

Those sights are wrong. Dont trust them.

Personally I don't understand what the big deal is. I don't see why this bothers you at all. Who cares if they say it comes out in summer and it comes out in late summer. It's not like they are saying it comes out this summer when it really comes out next year. It's not like people are going to wait in line outside the doors for months because of a date someone said on an internet chat forum.

Actually... Best Buy says something about Brawl coming out in March 15, if I remember correctly? When it is most likely going to be released the latter part of fall or later.

So, no, it is not a whole year, but it is not less than a season either, somewhere inbetween. And also, there are many posts about these kind of misleading dates, so I think this thread was a good idea to help inform people.

*Props to Thread Poster*

surfinrach90 said:
Play.com are the worst I've seen.. they have Red Steel 2 due for release on 01/06/2007?
that page must be not Unitedstatian, we not Unitedstatians actually use the dates the other way around as opossed to how you use them for example today is 02/12/07 in non-United States places that would be 12/02/07 so there's your answer; their release date for Red Steel 2 is not for January 6 of 07 but of June first of 07..makes more sense now huh?

What he's saying is that we in the US do it right (month/day/year), and everyone else does it wrong (day/month/year). There's sarcasm if you didn't catch it in my text.

Yeah that's exactly what I meant! but you know..pardon my English/accent

Axtlar said:
that page must be not Unitedstatian, we not Unitedstatians actually use the dates the other way around as opossed to how you use them for example today is 02/12/07 in non-United States places that would be 12/02/07 so there's your answer; their release date for Red Steel 2 is not for January 6 of 07 but of June first of 07..makes more sense now huh?

Not really lol, I mean I don't think it has even been confirmed lol, and it's been there since around x-mas. But yeah, That's what they probably ment anywho so.. thanx :)

Back