tiers

spiff-ssbb

WiiChat Member
Jan 23, 2008
Wii Online Code
8140-2366-3149-0356
i had an old thread on this topic that i thought i'd bring up again now that brawl is out to the public and a better look at each character's move set has been taken. to me there seem to be A LOT of characters that would all fall under the same tier bracket (many kudo's to nintendo for this) and no characters seem overly versatile to me. the balance in the game from the video's i've seen is astouding. i was proved wrong in my thinking that snake would be low tier and i'm very happy about this. the only weak character i've seen so far seems to be dededee...although the only gameplay videos with him in it are very far from pro so i'll reserve full judgement till i see him in action. and as expected luigi, kirby, peach, and bowser seem to have gotten major upgrades since melee. any thoughts?

thanks for the link. really? yoshi sucks? he was supposed to get better from melee...since he kinda sucked in melee lol and ya i hope to main them to eventually so thats good to hear

<_<
yoshi does not suck

and im maining

yoshi
dedede
metaknight
kirby
pokemon trainer

bw! said:
<_<
yoshi does not suck

and im maining

yoshi
dedede
metaknight
kirby
pokemon trainer
sorry let me refrase that... i sucked with him lol i could never master a few characters... yoshi, mewtwo, ness and a few others.
personaly i'm going to main sheik, and fox for sure... and from the videos zss, toon link, sonic and pt...and possibly pit seem to match my playing style so i'll try those characters out

spiff-ssbb said:
sorry let me refrase that... i sucked with him lol i could never master a few characters... yoshi, mewtwo, ness and a few others.
personaly i'm going to main sheik, and fox for sure... and from the videos zss, toon link, sonic and pt...and possibly pit seem to match my playing style so i'll try those characters out

I was talking about the link mushroomedmario gave us, not your post.

lol

Extra Life Mushroom said:
From what I've seen and read, dedede's a beast.

I agree...I've seen videos where Dedede pulls some really neat combos. Seems to me like this time the tiers are less existent...what I have yet to see is someone mastering Olimar or R.O.B.

i've seen a few ROB videos from Prez's thread. never seen olimar...and WHY is the tourney character list not complete? lol i dont understand! theyre missing ike i think and definately toon link

AoWFraggit said:
im maining as pit, diddy, and lucas/ness
did you see the pro vids with these characters? diddy looks pretty own

yeah, i'm actually basing my decision mostly on the pro gameplay vids i've seen of them.

pit and diddy look to be the newcomers with the most potential, and i've always mained with ness to begin with, so i'm hoping to try out lucas as well =)

i havent seen any pro metaknight vids. pokemon trainer looks cool though. ya diddy looks insanely fast. snake looks really annoying to fight to me lol but i wanna try zss

spiff-ssbb said:
thanks for the link. really? yoshi sucks? he was supposed to get better from melee...

Yeah ever since he lost his double jump cancel everyone has been avoiding him :(

Also hearing some good things about Marth not being nerfed enough, so hoping he's high tier.

And Metaknight is mid-tier supposedly :(

Back