tiger woods: can you pick clubs?

dedpoet777

\/\/ii'd Out For Life
Dec 20, 2006
Surfside Beach, SC
Wii Online Code
0792-2476-6769-9631
ok this is going to irritate me and i truly hope i am not seeing this somewhere and im wrong.

however, it appears to me that there is NO WAY to change what clubs i want in my bag. i cannot find this option anywhere and im going to be mega pissed if i am stuck with a 9 degree driver and a 3 wood and a bunch of frigging irons i do not want. has anyone seen where i can change this? i want to carry an 8 degree driver and a 10.5 degree driver not a frigging 9 degree only.

any help would be appreciated.

callme.nasty said:
i know you can in the ps2 version of 07. i doubt they'd take it out.

oh i know you can on that one, as every other version of tiger woods since 1999. however, i cannot find it anywhere in this one and ive seen people on the ea forums saying the same thing. i do not see how they would forget this, seeing as that it is crucial to golf to be able to choose which clubs you want in your bag. this whole "true swing" crap means nothing if ai am not "true swinging" the clubs that i want to.

I was wondering the same thing too and it looks like you need to gain a sponsorship for Nike in order to buy different clubs. If you go to Game Face and then the Pro Shop, there's a list of things you can buy like shirts, shoes, etc as well as different types of clubs. It looks like you have no choice of clubs at first though.

CgrayWii said:
I was wondering the same thing too and it looks like you need to gain a sponsorship for Nike in order to buy different clubs. If you go to Game Face and then the Pro Shop, there's a list of things you can buy like shirts, shoes, etc as well as different types of clubs. It looks like you have no choice of clubs at first though.

right i know. i wasnt referring to buying new clubs, i was referring to picking which clubs are in the bag. it gives you a 9 degree driver and a 3 wood. in 07 for the ps2 and every tiger before that, you could choose which clubs you want in the bag as in a 3,5, or 7 wood or a 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5 degree driver. this one does not appear to actually give you this option, which is lovely because i would not have bought it if i knew that. i hate using a 3 wood because of the angle it has coming into the green. anyway, i dont know if you know what im talking about, but i just hope there is a way to change it.

dedpoet777 said:
right i know. i wasnt referring to buying new clubs, i was referring to picking which clubs are in the bag. it gives you a 9 degree driver and a 3 wood. in 07 for the ps2 and every tiger before that, you could choose which clubs you want in the bag as in a 3,5, or 7 wood or a 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5 degree driver. this one does not appear to actually give you this option, which is lovely because i would not have bought it if i knew that. i hate using a 3 wood because of the angle it has coming into the green. anyway, i dont know if you know what im talking about, but i just hope there is a way to change it.

Oh, sorry about that. I know what you're saying now. And I'm not aware of any way to change the initial clubs but if I find more info I'll let you know.

alright, just been through every screen in the game. i cannot believe this. one of the most fundamental things in golf, and they left it out. wow. wow. wow. this sucks.

FWELR said:
alright, just been through every screen in the game. i cannot believe this. one of the most fundamental things in golf, and they left it out. wow. wow. wow. this sucks.

I guess it does suck... I've never played any Tiger Woods games before so I never even thought about it. It'll be nice though when you earn the ability to get some new clubs. I'm loving the game just how it is, I can't stop playing!

Wiianator said:
you can switch clubs by hitting up or down on the d pad

He was wondering if you can change the clubs you have to choose from. ie, different angles on drivers and irons, etc.

FWELR said:

tell me about it dude. this absolutely blows my mind. how to you just leave this out? what do they actually do at work? how many people did not notice this that work there? do they let the interns make the tigers at this point?

so many questions, so few answers or sense. that whole entire team that made this game needs their asses kicked from here to china for that. i dont know who authorizes this garbage, but they need shot in the face. how many people bought this game that have no clue you cannot change clubs in the bag?

this pisses me off so bad i really dont even want this game anymore and im pissed i even bought it. ida rather given 50 bucks to some bum to piss away on crack, liquor and a cheap whore.

dedpoet777 said:
tell me about it dude. this absolutely blows my mind. how to you just leave this out? what do they actually do at work? how many people did not notice this that work there? do they let the interns make the tigers at this point?

so many questions, so few answers or sense. that whole entire team that made this game needs their asses kicked from here to china for that. i dont know who authorizes this garbage, but they need shot in the face. how many people bought this game that have no clue you cannot change clubs in the bag?

this pisses me off so bad i really dont even want this game anymore and im pissed i even bought it. ida rather given 50 bucks to some bum to piss away on crack, liquor and a cheap whore.

im pretty sure they just started making all the features, thought, man this is one great game, and some intern forgot to make sure it had all the features. idk, id have given the bum 40 bucks, and rented the game a couple times.

FWELR said:
im pretty sure they just started making all the features, thought, man this is one great game, and some intern forgot to make sure it had all the features. idk, id have given the bum 40 bucks, and rented the game a couple times.
yeah well i bought the because it is 8 dollars to rent them from blockbuster. and i mean were not talking about some gameface feature here that doesnt matter. i mean were talking about not letting you pick what clubs you want. that would be like making a shooter game with all sorts of guns on it, then sticking you with one gun and not letting you pick anything else. its a lame, sad showing. but yes, i wish i would have rented it now.

but i would have never guessed in a million billion years they would leave out the one thing that makes golf...golf...and that is club selection.

but im also pissed cause they have screwed tiger up, one way or another, ever since 2005. which is another reason i shouldnt have just bought it, but i had faith, at least faith enough to have a club selection. they make sure madden is perfect, but when it comes to tiger ea looks as if they go it at with their eyes closed and that pisses me off cause theyd never get away with it with their precious madden.

Last edited:
Back