Tiger Woods - Dissapointed :(

deeman

WiiChat Member
Jan 11, 2007
Has anyone else been extremely underwhelmed with this game? I have been really pleased with my previous 2 purchases, Sonic and SSX Blur. But this game has the feeling of being a little rushed. I find the control system unresponsive and frustrating at times. It seems like a bit of a lottery as to whether your shot comes off how you want. Also, whats with the constant Framerate drops in the rough? It seems to be in areas where you can see individual clumps of grass swaying in the wind. If the wii is struggling with it, why put it in? I dont think it adds anything to the game anyway. There have been times when I swing the club and the character is frozen with his club in mid air, only to hit a patheticc shot 5yds about 5 seconds later.

Sound like the game Bart got in the Simpsons :lol:

deeman said:
Has anyone else been extremely underwhelmed with this game? I have been really pleased with my previous 2 purchases, Sonic and SSX Blur. But this game has the feeling of being a little rushed. I find the control system unresponsive and frustrating at times. It seems like a bit of a lottery as to whether your shot comes off how you want. Also, whats with the constant Framerate drops in the rough? It seems to be in areas where you can see individual clumps of grass swaying in the wind. If the wii is struggling with it, why put it in? I dont think it adds anything to the game anyway. There have been times when I swing the club and the character is frozen with his club in mid air, only to hit a patheticc shot 5yds about 5 seconds later.

maybe just me, but i never thought i'd like a golf game even with motion sensing :frown2:

nintendowiiconsole said:
i loved it. my copy never glitches/freezes so hmmm... i dont know

You obviously dont get stuck in the rough as much as me.LOL

It only appears to happen on certian courses where the rough is very dense. Either way, the control system is bad. I just read a review in Nintendo mag giving 55%. I really should have got that first.

i dont agree, I think it is a great game, alltough they should of sent more time getting it to look and play better. I atleats would have given it 71%

I dont know about you guys, but I'm having a blast playing it. You have to remember that it is still a video game. And you always need to learn the video games controls in order to play correctly. If you want true to life swing mechanics, go to your local driving range.

I am a golfer and for the life of me I couldnt hit a straight shot in TW07. This is because I was turning my wrists at the top of the swing as in real life. Well, in this game, you need to keep the controller on plane the ENTIRE swing. After learning the way they worked in the controls, the game was much more enjoyable.

I made my own golfer and I'm halfway through the Tiger Challenge. I gain experiece and cash with every sweet shot. I'll soon be good enough to join the tour!

So at first, I felt the same as some other people. I was upset with the game a little bit. Only because of the controls.

After playing over the weekend, I realized that I was just doing it a bit wrong. I think you have to make sure you pause inbetween your backswing and your swing. After adjusting a little bit, I am really starting to like it. The graphics are a little but weak. For example, when shooting out of the sand, the camera angle showing you in the bunker.....you could see under the grass. It was like it was floating on air. I really don't care about that though. I think that once you get your stats up, the game will get easier and more fun. Getting to that point will be a challenge, which I like.

once you get used to the controls its soooooooooo much better....i rate it a 92% easily once you beat tiger on tour you feel much better bout the game ;)

Back