Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tiger Woods--Fade/Draw

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by Bob Albright, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Bob Albright

Bob Albright WiiChat Member

I agree with other posts about the lousy manual that comes with this game. I am not real clear on how to do the Fade or Draw. I have done the backswing on a diagonal and continued the front swing on a diag, but the ball still goes straight. Anyone else having this problem, or am I not doing it right? I like the game, but must admit that there is a learning curve that's pretty steep.

2. h_uk

h_uk WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2780-2378-3940-4997
    2780-2378-3940-4997
    I bought this game yesterday and really struggly to put a ball as i find it really inconsistent...sometime i put a little power and it happens to blast it hard...mayb i jus need to get used to it.

3. Tacos

Tacos Banned

Yeah, it takes some getting used to. It is not the direction (across your body) that the remote is moving that makes the fade/draw. It is the difference in the angle of the remote at the beginning and end of your swing. At least that is what I got out of it. I admit, it is tough to figure out. Another thing I found helpful was using a loft shot instead of a chip shot. I could get very little control of my chip shots. The loft shot is effected by the wind a lot, but I still had far better accuracy. Mainly, the distance was far more predictable.

4. uncleclives

uncleclives WiiChat Member

Was hitting a natural draw almost every time with wiimote facing towards me. I then found if I turn the wiimote over to the left and on it's side and swung normally I hit a straight shot. So then I turned the wiimote upside down and swung and I hit a fade! So try turning your wiimote over on it's side or upside down before taking the swing and see what happens.

5. dedpoet777

dedpoet777 \/\/ii'd Out For Life

Wii Friend Code: 0792-2476-6769-9631
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    its about turning your wrist in your swing. turn it to the left(if youre right handed) then it will be a draw. turn it to the right it will be a fade.

for uncleclives, you might have your swing set to "easy" in the options. if you set it to easy you will not have any ability to do a draw or fade. switch it back to standard or advanced you will have regain that ability.