Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 To Feature The Ryder Cup

Wii News

Wii News Blog
Oct 10, 2009

Electronic Arts is one of the companies that has kept faith with Tiger Woods during his recent troubles, and they are clearly going full steam ahead with promoting Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, which is due for release on June 8th on all major consoles, including the Wii. Wii-owning golf fans will be glad to see the 11 new Wii screenshots that EA released today at the same time as it revealed the news that The Ryder Cup will be featured in the game.

As any golf fan worth their salt knows, The Ryder Cup is a biennial tournament that takes place between teams featuring the best golfers in the world from the US and Europe. The game will include all the various Ryder Cup tournament formats, such as foursomes, four balls and singles. The Ryder Cup also provides the focus for the game’s cover, which will feature Tiger Woods representing the US and Rory McIlroy representing Europe. Here’s what McIlroy has to say about appearing on the cover with Woods:

“This is a huge honor for me to be on the cover with Tiger Woods as I grew up idolizing Tiger. The Ryder Cup has always been my favourite sporting event and the tournament is being played at The Celtic Manor Resort in Wales in 2010. Also, I’m hopeful to have an opportunity to represent the European team later in the year – it’s all very special.”

The Wii version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 features two all-new enhanced swing mechanics that can be used in conjunction with the Wii MotionPlus. The Advanced Plus swing difficulty reads rotation and swing angle, while the Tour Pro swing mechanic assesses rotation, swing plane and point of contact, and features an innovative first-person camera angle from the tee box to the putting green called True View.

Back