Time For A demo Channel

YOUR POSTS ARE NOT IN VAIN, Nintendo is supposedly in the process of making a demo channel! Read Here: http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10497

Basically all that it says is that people were shown downloading virtual console demos at the Nintendo Media Summit. To answer some more questions, it seems as though the next channel will be the 'Mii Popularity Channel' in which people vote on which mii's look the coolest to gain ranks and classifications for their miis. Hopefully the demo channel will come shortly after that. A release date has not been given for either channel.

EDIT: That link has TONS of info, and technically it is ALL rumour, but it seems legit to me so Im betting on it. I suggest all of you read it.

Rep if you found any of this info helpful/interesting :wink:
DOUBLE EDIT: If you rep me than rep Celestial aswell, the original finder of the rumour.

Last edited:
Seems that due to lack of a large Hard Drive it would be hard to hold it all

^Actually, I got that from SuppaRoy in the SSBB CountDown Thread. However, I dont doubt for a second that the almighty Celestial was the first to discover the rumour :wink:

*REPPED* and post edited

Lol, I forgive you, doesn't actually matter... I'm quite impressed that people actually cared about the rumor...

I found that info to be more exciting than anything weve been given in the past 6 months...Damn Nintendo and there secretive ways.

What better way to market your product and sell it. You allow people to demo and hey purchase them online with next day delivery.

firemedic242 said:
What better way to market your product and sell it. You allow people to demo and hey purchase them online with next day delivery.
I cannot wait until we can download games. Itll take out the middleman (retailers) that jack up the price. Hopefully next gen...

LevesqueIsKing said:
I cannot wait until we can download games. Itll take out the middleman (retailers) that jack up the price. Hopefully next gen...
Ya that would be nice, and I'm all for it, though I'm not sure it will ever happen. It would make piracy much easier and people without high speed internet would get screwed over.

A demo channel would be bad for Nintendo as all their games are mini games in themselves. If you could play some Wario Ware games for free or buy them for 50 bucks, a lot of people would just be playing the demo due to lack of story and progression. Without the need to progress through the game, there would only be a need for the demo.

GamerCon said:
A demo channel would be bad for Nintendo as all their games are mini games in themselves. If you could play some Wario Ware games for free or buy them for 50 bucks, a lot of people would just be playing the demo due to lack of story and progression. Without the need to progress through the game, there would only be a need for the demo.

Then how do you explain: LOZ: TP, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Strikers: Charged, Exite Truck, SSBB, MP: 3 Corruption ext. I think my point is proven - althoug Nintendo has some games which includes mini-games, there are even more games that are not mini-games. :cool:

GamerCon said:

umm no theirs only 2 that have mini games

Back