Time For A demo Channel

FR. said:
Then how do you explain: LOZ: TP, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Strikers: Charged, Exite Truck, SSBB, MP: 3 Corruption ext. I think my point is proven - althoug Nintendo has some games which includes mini-games, there are even more games that are not mini-games. :cool:
LoZ:TP is on GC so that would never be a demo.

SPM would have been cool and make you want to play more.

SMS:Charged would have been cool with a stage or two as well, its just different backgrounds, i dont think there is much of a story to it anyways.

Excite Truck, I only play a few stages anyways.

MP:3, that one would be one of the few you would want to play more of.

Well two out of five isnt bad, though they dont have much in story games anyways. If you want to add more, please do. Besides, they are not mini games, they are mini game like. You can pull out parts of the game and it wouldnt differ from the rest of the whole game.

Far Cry, that would have saved me money.

Elebites, that would have saved me money as well. Being its in different rooms of the house, it gets old fast.

GamerCon said:
LoZ:TP is on GC so that would never be a demo.

SPM would have been cool and make you want to play more.

SMS:Charged would have been cool with a stage or two as well, its just different backgrounds, i dont think there is much of a story to it anyways.

Excite Truck, I only play a few stages anyways.

MP:3, that one would be one of the few you would want to play more of.

Well two out of five isnt bad, though they dont have much in story games anyways. If you want to add more, please do. Besides, they are not mini games, they are mini game like. You can pull out parts of the game and it wouldnt differ from the rest of the whole game.

Far Cry, that would have saved me money.

Elebites, that would have saved me money as well. Being its in different rooms of the house, it gets old fast.

your a minority and i say that because your using your knowledge on games and assuming ever1 else thinks the same way.

1. LoZ: is on wii and gamecube

2.Mario strikerz charged would suck with a story and they CAN use online with demos

3.EXcite truck: just cause you dont like it dosnt mean its bad

4.MP3: have you ever played a metroid game....this game will rock and its not even out yes so dont judge it

5.Elebits: again your assuming you dou dont like it so others dont eithre

zeon9881 said:
your a minority and i say that because your using your knowledge on games and assuming ever1 else thinks the same way.

1. LoZ: is on wii and gamecube

2.Mario strikerz charged would suck with a story and they CAN use online with demos

3.EXcite truck: just cause you dont like it dosnt mean its bad

4.MP3: have you ever played a metroid game....this game will rock and its not even out yes so dont judge it

5.Elebits: again your assuming you dou dont like it so others dont eithre
First off, i never said any game was bad except far cry and elebites, and i was saying LoZ:TP was on GC as well so that wouldnt be a demo. I know its on Wii, i have it.

SMS would only be a demo, if they did release it as one they would have to limit it to like, 3 playable characters other wise there would be no point in buying it.

I never said Excite truck was bad, just i only play a few stages so a demo of those stages would have made me not buy the game.

I never said MP:3 was bad, it was the opposite. I have played the previous... 7 and think its a very good series. With the new aiming it will be even more fun.

IMO elebites was bad.

GamerCon said:
First off, i never said any game was bad except far cry and elebites, and i was saying LoZ:TP was on GC as well so that wouldnt be a demo. I know its on Wii, i have it.

SMS would only be a demo, if they did release it as one they would have to limit it to like, 3 playable characters other wise there would be no point in buying it.

I never said Excite truck was bad, just i only play a few stages so a demo of those stages would have made me not buy the game.

I never said MP:3 was bad, it was the opposite. I have played the previous... 7 and think its a very good series. With the new aiming it will be even more fun.

IMO elebites was bad.

why would SMS only be a demo...youu do realise it already out in europe right and people are gong crazy over it

zeon9881 said:
why would SMS only be a demo...youu do realise it already out in europe right and people are gong crazy over it
Haha well you know soccer/football is very popular in europe right? Thats like saying Madden 07 was a big seller in america. Of course it is, we love Madden games.

nno but i mean as in online play its the 1st online game for wii that has come out for europe and it rocks!

(i still dont get why EVEN europe gets it before NA does)

Thats very few and far between Europe gets something before america does. Being the first online game you would think they would have a worldwide release.

Without a decent-sized interal memory I can't see how this would work. Most demos on Live are about 1gig aren't they (been a long time since I've downloaded one...)? You'd need to have a 2g SD card to download a demo :( On the topic of renting games, I've had trouble with that lately as well. The local video stores only carry one of each Wii title, and with all the people with unlimited rental plans good luck getting one of those. I've been using gamefly as well, but they have the slowest shipping I've ever seen.

A demo channel would be cool if you didn't have to pay and if it didn't get saved to your Wii. Like one level of a game or one fight something like that. Only thing is if it's a demo I believe there should be more than two fighters/cars/etc. so you can have more diversity. A fighing game demo with two characters can't really help you decide on a game IMO.

E-Roc2010 said:
A demo channel would be cool if you didn't have to pay and if it didn't get saved to your Wii. Like one level of a game or one fight something like that. Only thing is if it's a demo I believe there should be more than two fighters/cars/etc. so you can have more diversity. A fighing game demo with two characters can't really help you decide on a game IMO.
But how would it work without downloading it to your Wii?

Demo channel would be awesome... of course it will only be like 1 level or half or a section of a level sort of thing but it will give you the general idea of the game and game play and use of the wiimote and it would be the best way to see if the game is worth buying or not. Very good idea, hope it happens.

edit.

Id love to rent games but my local video store has ZERO Wii games which suxs so a demo channel would be prefect.

Last edited:
I don't think that game looks that great. I think I am just starting to expect too much out of games ever since I got my 360. The other day I turned on Oblivion and thought "what the **** is this?" Yet when I originally got it, it was jaw dropping. For this reason I am now getting a PS3.

Right now they can only compare 360, well one 360, game to PS3 which is Gears of War and that uses a lot of tricks to make it look better. Hence forth, they use Resistance: Fall of Man which is a clear cut winner graphicly, and game play wise. As gears of war has the cover system, the evironment is not distructable. While in Resistance, almost anything you hide behind soon breaks down due to heavy fire, something the 360 could not handle.

The PS3 is far better then the 360 in many ways, its first release rivals a game that was released a year after a console launch should say something.

Back