Time Magazine: Ps3 Doesn't Live up to hype

Kamikaze

Certified Public Asshole
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wii Online Code
1130-2954-1680-3052
Credit: 1up.com

As part of their year-end roundup, TIME magazine picked five pieces of hype the media (including themselves) fell for in 2006 that didn't live up to their claims. We'll be reading plenty about the unexpected bombing of Snakes on a Plane, but TIME also singled out PlayStation 3, believing Sony's handling of the launch is going to cost them the leader position this generation.

"TO PLAY'S THE THING
The big story in computer games this year was HOW TO BLOW A HUGE LEAD, by Sony. Its PlayStation 2 was the champ in the last round of the console wars. This time Sony bet on a chip called the Cell and a disc format called Blu-ray. They're probably awesome, but how would anybody know? The PS3 is hideously expensive--it goes for up to $600--and Sony manufactured only a piddling few hundred thousand for the U.S., fewer for Japan. Plus it's hard to write games for; the launch titles were lame. You know you're in trouble when you get beat by something called a Wii."

Someone call the fire department because Sony just got burrrrrrned.

Dude theres already a thread on this

But anyway while I am here I'll just laugh some more at the quote
You know you're in trouble when you get beat by something called a Wii.
LOL Its just pure gold

Icetrash said:

LOL Its just pure gold

Actually this one had been posted 7 hours earlier than the one that he had posted, but I could give two shits.

Icetrash said:

LOL Its just pure gold

lmao

Back