Time Travel.

gh05t

Chicken Wings
Dec 1, 2006
In Florida
Wii Online Code
8827-4732-7476-9087
ive been bored lately so i was just looking up stuff like time travel. does anyone think its possible?? if it was possible would you use it?

imo i think it could be possible. if you think about it, it could have happened already. i read something saying that if you were to go back in time and save someone from dying it would cause the creation of a parallel universe where that person is alive in one and in another the person died. i dont know its really weird but im pretty interested in it. and i probably wouldnt use it because changing anything is wayy to risky. id love to go back in time and go out with that girl i liked soo much but if i think of past relationships ive always found someone better. lol this is just an example but altering the past can ruin your future if you think about it.

Last edited:
We already time travel noob
Meaning that we tend to travel on a liner path with no vereation
Time for us is allways going forward
As for the second bit of text watch Back to the futuer part 2 for the best explanation

I have many beliefs in Time Travel.

For a start, I believe in the "alternate present" theory. In my opinion, it's the only way another dimension could be created (Think about dimensions, the fourth is time and the fifth is alternate dimensions, and as such, you'd have to cross the fourth to get to the fifth).

Strictly speaking, wormholes are meant to be holes in space. Since time and space are connected, theoretically it would be a hole in space.

Of course, I don't believe time travel will be related to faster than light travel...

There's been experiments whereby two clocks are synchronised, one stayed on earth, the other flew in a shuttle around the world (backwards I think - to what which way it's spinning). When they got the clocks together, they were out. Not by much, but by some amount.

Although if there was a way to time-travel through a portal, then I would question if we could actually arrive. If the gaps in particles are ever-expanding, much like the universe itself, and you travel backward into a more compressed time, then when you come out, your particles may actually be too spread out to hold it's form. In essence, you'll explode into electrons and protons. That's my theory at least.

Personally, I'd love to be able to time-travel. Of course, it'd be fun to see some of the changes that could be made...:
guitar_hiro.png

Id make it so that EA didnt get the licence for sports games

I don't think it's possible, but I haven't read that much about space and time and such to give scientific facts into why I think this, it's just in my mind I can't picture it.

To me we're on the earth, time moves on and we're all just in orbit and yada yada ya, that's it. It's as simple as that. Time is moving us on. It's the same princaple as people saying 1 is really 0.9999999 or whatever, no, it's not. It's just 1. So to me I can't see how there can be other dimentions, parallel universes it's just us, on eath spinning around every day.

But heyy that's just me, I'm open to any criticizm and maybe if I read into the matter more I'd have a different opinion, I'm not saying that's what I think and that's what's right. =] I just don't see how it can that's all.

DRMARIO said:
According to einstein, the quicker you travel, the slower time effects you. So astronauts are younger than what they would have been if they had never gone out to space.

Ever read The Forever War? Great piece of classic science fiction by Joe Haldeman - they travel FTL to the conflict area in weeks, and come back to earth and years have passed. Some great speculative writing - the weapons they return to are far more advanced than what they left with, they have huge amount of interest on their combat pay, the Earth's social system changes radically.

Great read and reasonably short (an easy over-the-weekend read).

Know you were aiming at DrMario with your post [DT] but that sounds interesting, I might try and find that =]

surfinrach90 said:
Know you were aiming at DrMario with your post [DT] but that sounds interesting, I might try and find that =]

Oh, it was kind of directed at the thread (even though it was motivated by the Dr's post :D )

Yeah, it's a terrific book (and an interesting commentary on war) - probably one of the Top 10 classics of the genre that are must reads if you're into it. Off the top of my head: The Forever War, Starshop Troopers, 2001, Do Androids Dream, Do Androids Dream, Left Hand of Darkness, Enders Game, Childhood's End all fall into the same "SciFi Must Reads" :)

OK, back on topic:

I'm actually building something in the garage that relates to the topic, I'll let everyone know how it goes (or not...) :lol:

Well a "doughnut" shape could be created so that time and space travel in a loop. We would only be able to go back to the time it was created though.

well time can only go forward...as far as i know..but then again i am not interested in time travel, and doubt it is possible :( sorry guys

if you travel in the future then how are you going to be in the present too

oh wait

now im confused :/

Back