Tips for bowlers that can't bowl straight!

pluto2

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
Here's a tip for all you bowlers out there that cannot bowl straight, I guess it's a little on the cheating side, or isn't it? You be the judge.

Hold the wiimote as you normally would. Now move your fingers around so that you position the upper part of the wiimote (slightly below the D-pad) between your forefinger and middlefinger. Push your fingers around the wiimote so that the sides of the wiimote are securely locked between the fingers. You will press the B button with your middle finger. More your fingers around abit so that you can reach the B button and still have the wiimote locked between the fingers. This will make it much easier to swing the remote straight because the weight of the remote is straighter below your hand and because it's locked between the fingers you will not twist it as easily.

Try it, it's much easier bowling straight with this technique! but I'd say it's abit of a cheat!

Kristian

Yeah, it works. But then it is a bit harder to apply spin to the ball when you need it, so yeah.

well this grip isn't designed for spin, it's designed for maximum STRAIGHTNESS :p for spin, just hold it the usual way, it tends to be alot easier to decide how MUCH spin to apply than NOT to apply any at all :p

haha you try it IRL you'll understand it's not that confusing!

My trick to get it straight as possible is to release it later so that I end up throwing the ball 1/3 of the way on the bowling lane. It goes straight for me as long as it has sufficient speed.

Why would you want to bowl straight? It's much easier to get a strike if the ball comes in at an angle. I usually stand two marks from the right and spin left so that the ball barely hits the back of the one in front.

Another tip, tap the d-pad to the left twice, you cant lose. (tap it to the right if left handed!!!)

I usually tap twice to the left, then angle two to the right, then throw with a bit of a left spin, works for me :)

I either go two steps or three to the right and that's the way I usually spin the ball. I either get a strike or not. I always get the Spare though :D.

well seems most people rather spin the ball or move to compensate rather than trying to bowl straight :p but I must agree to some extent, I usually find myself rather spinning the ball than going straight when picking up spares etc. When bowling at a full set of pins I always spin it from right to left a la pro bowlers :p

I've gotten pretty good at bowling straight, but if you watch professional bowlers (in real life), they like to throw curving shots a lot, not just head on shots.

is it me or is the ball you get once you reach PRO level a lot harder to throw? I mean the old pink ball seems a lot easier to get strikes with.

I have no ideas as I reached pro status the very last thing I did the last time I played :p

Back