TMNT (NES) Review, Should I buy?

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Sadly, I never owned a NES, but I frequently played my cousin's. His only good games were Duck Hunt and TMNT. We constantly played TMNT, but we were garbage (I was probably about 5). This game is probably one of the most commonly ripped apart games of all time, but at the time I absolutely loved it.

I am tempted to buy this game, just to bring back memories. However, we never passed the first sewer (I think we did once, and then immediatly died). So, should I buy this game? All I know is that, at the time, the first 30 seconds of the game seemed to be fun no matter how many times we played it. I'm not expecting it to be a good game, I'm just hoping that I can get a kick out of it. I've heard about all of the frustrations and glitches, so I know what to look out for, but I'd rather not look at a walkthrough incase I do decide to buy it. I'm just hoping that I can have fun playing this game for a day. Do you think thats possible?

All I can say is if you buy it and you see small gaps that look like you jump over them just walk over it I don't know if you should get it I played it on the internet a few days back thinking it would be kinda easy but I couldn't make it past the first boss

^Yeah, I know about that.

Anyone else? :scared:

^I'm one of those bastards that doesn't buy anything until they've figured out enough to write a 10 page paper on it.

It's definitely fun enough for nostalgic purposes. I had it back in the day, and it is certainly challenging. Pretty good platformer for its time. I actually finished it twice.

I say buy it, its not that difficult to get to the 3rd level but good luck after that. I downloaded it when it came out and still had fun with it.

amirreza said:
Try it out on an emulator. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
And make sure to delete the emulator in 24 hours.
The 24 hour rule was made up.
Its allways illegal to own rom of a game you dont own

Also links to emu sites are not allowed

Funny video :lol:

I came REAL close to beating TMNT as a kid. Last level, I'm serious. Of course the game wasn't so bad back then. Get it if you're into ridiculous challenges.

I bought it and I love it. Been playing it a lot lately, and its good to know that its still a challenge.

ThrillSeeker: Looking forward to watching that when I get home. Is it a flame review? If so, I've already seen it because this game was one of my fondest childhood memories.

Back