TMNT: Rent, Buy or Ignore?

Cactus

SSB 4 Life
Feb 6, 2007
Wii Online Code
7277-1629-5342-0526
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So is this game any good? I've seen mixed reviews and the big negative I keep reading is that its only 1 player, which I don't have a problem with. Also, I really enjoyed the movie which is why I want to play this game.

rent it if your an advid tmnt fan, but if i were you, grab the gba version. its the best one out. its weird i know...

Well, I'm talking about the Wii version lol. I also noticed that this game is also released on the PS2. So its a question of, is it any good on the Wii

If you want a basic idea of how the game is without having to pay at all just yet, you could download the demo for the PC just to check out what the game plays like. I've been playing it on the PC and I think I might buy it on Wii, just not until it's much cheaper or I can get it used.

From the IGN review

"TMNT can be described as a light version of Prince of Persia, but don't let that fool you into thinking you'll get a similar experience. The gameplay here is designed with a small child in mind and even then it may be too easy. Videogames are fun because they challenge us or stimulate our minds in some way. TMNT doesn't. With no co-operative mode available, single-button combat, and straightforward level design, all you're left with are some nice animations and decent platforming that just don't carry the weight.

The Wii controls don't do anything to take proper advantage of Nintendo's unique remote and nunchuck and do more to hamper the gameplay. You can't use the classic controller with TMNT either, making it impossible to avoid furiously waving the remote for boring and painful combat. If you own a Wii and want to play TMNT, the Cube version that also works on the Wii might better serve your gaming needs."

5.5/10

I generally prefer to make my own mind up about games but when a review is that damming I think it might be best to stay clear.

Byuakuya said:
In my opinion I think I would go with ignore.
i second that motion. i'm an avid fan, so i purchased the game. then took it back. almost immediately. the game is trash; i'm sorry, but turtles in time was a much better game. don't even rent it; save yourself the 5 bucks and get some wii points.

Rent it, make up your own mind on weither or not to buy that way :D

I finished this game last night. The final boss stage was ridiculous. While having a break I would've rather have died then continue playing it.

Definitely gets more ridiculous as the game goes on.

And those ****ing camera angles! What were they thinking?

supanova said:
I finished this game last night. The final boss stage was ridiculous. While having a break I would've rather have died then continue playing it.

Definitely gets more ridiculous as the game goes on.

And those ****ing camera angles! What were they thinking?
They were probably high on turtle wax. :lol:

Back