To all those wanting Smash Bros. 64

Spyro

Wii60
Jul 11, 2007
I'm willing to bet they release Smash Bros. 64 about one or two mondays before SSBB comes out. Just like Metroid->Metroid Prime 3.

good point, releasing metroid and suepr metroid definetly gave it more publicity and added to the hype. How are the sales figures for metroid prime 3?

I kind of doubt it. It seems that if it were released too close to ssbb's release, everyone's attention (and money) would be split in differant dirrections which also means, for Brawl, the hype would get cut as well.

Tails McCloud~ said:
I kind of doubt it. It seems that if it were released too close to ssbb's release, everyone's attention (and money) would be split in differant dirrections which also means, for Brawl, the hype would get cut as well.

Well, one or two Mondays before means before Brawl comes out. So people will want all the Smash Bros they can get, so they spend their money on Super Smash Bros., and two weeks later they spend more money on Brawl.

My guess is a month or 2 before like around the end of September. So they buy the game and the hype for brawl increases.

$$$$

My god the Wii owns... said:
Well, one or two Mondays before means before Brawl comes out. So people will want all the Smash Bros they can get, so they spend their money on Super Smash Bros., and two weeks later they spend more money on Brawl.

well, there IS the issue of the almighty dollar. Wii games cost almost $70 up here in Canada, and a Wii points card is $25. If SSB did come out two weeks before Brawl, kids are gonna have a hard time finding the cash to buy both. Even in America it should be a hassle.

Last edited:
Tails McCloud~ said:
It wouldn't split the consumers at all. You think people will play the old 64 version instead of the new one instead?

No, but people (like myself) are easily distracted with games I KNOW I like over games I might not. I'll get SSB and probably not want to play ssbb "with all these new charecters, I might as well play MUGEN and still feel the same...=/"

Wii-Fi, don't talk to soon. I have a few Friends that downloaded Super Metroid and played it a lot before MP3 came out...and when they're bored of playing MP3 they play Super Metroid. Anyways i don't plan on getting Smash Bros 64 on VC, i seriously didn't like it after Melee came..xD but then again...i did like some of the Stage like the zelda one..i hope they put it in Brawl

hope they dont ruin brawl:sick: .

They have to leave the origonal fighting style alone and not add all this new stuff such as jumping on our enemy or gliding..

The whole jumping on you're oponent's head could be a decent foreshadowing towards Sonic's inclusion in Brawl. Think about it, that's how he defeated his enemies, "then again it's also how Mario did it..." Nevermind.

Demon Slayer said:
Wii-Fi, don't talk to soon. I have a few Friends that downloaded Super Metroid and played it a lot before MP3 came out...and when they're bored of playing MP3 they play Super Metroid. Anyways i don't plan on getting Smash Bros 64 on VC, i seriously didn't like it after Melee came..xD but then again...i did like some of the Stage like the zelda one..i hope they put it in Brawl
I agree that we won't know what will happen until/if they release the ssb 64 and i'm not bashing Tails for his opinion, it just doesn't make sense to me why the older version threatens Brawl in sales. I'd be like if they re-released madden 02 on the VC right before 09 comes out, i don't think the newer madden would take a hit.

Nah Wii-fi, I just dont like a lot of the stupid **** they already put in Brawl and personnaly, I liked the original SSB best. I'm hoping it isnt ruined is all. I'll rent it first (1 day) because it seems like it's being overchanged so much.

Back