To answer why there are not many Wiis for sale.

Trippe2k

WiiChat Member
Apr 21, 2007
People have been tossing around a lot of rumors as to why they are not making more Nintendo Wiis for retail. Well the reason is like most companies, the numbers the company uses for books and sales is based on a fiscal year rather then calendar year. Most companies end there year around tax time April 15. As schools end their year end of June, because that’s when grade school ends. Supposedly Nintendo had sold way above the predicted amount of Wiis and was waiting for the fiscal year to be over before they started selling more Wiis again. I bet you will see a lot more Wiis and Wii accessories out in stores for sale.

Source i heard this from was an American distributor of Nintendo. Just another rumor but working as an accountant it seemed to make sense.

Last edited:
I don't think so. I think it is as simple as the factories are running at full capacity or a certain component can't be produced that fast. For example, maybe IBM can't make the Broadway CPU fast enough or ATI can't make the graphics. It would be irrational to not sell as many consoles just for tax reasons. The longer they wait, the more people lose interest.

It is a trip that every store I take a look at still never has any Wii's. How long is this going to last? Has this ever happened with any other game console?

WiiBad said:
It is a trip that every store I take a look at still never has any Wii's. How long is this going to last? Has this ever happened with any other game console?

Yea, Xbox 360

I will say the market will get stable by late this year to early next year.

Last edited:
miiplaywii said:
I don't think so. I think it is as simple as the factories are running at full capacity or a certain component can't be produced that fast. For example, maybe IBM can't make the Broadway CPU fast enough or ATI can't make the graphics. It would be irrational to not sell as many consoles just for tax reasons. The longer they wait, the more people lose interest.

There have been no reports of component shortages from any supplier. If there was, you would have heard about it.

I am thinking there are quite a few threads about this
and

Join the AFA today
Anti Fanboy Alliance

Back