to anybody whose searching for a game come here

giordun said:
This thread fails. Add these games to the list.

WarioWare

Super Paper Mario

Rayman

ill add super paper mario and wario but not rayman cause rayman and wario are the same games (as in mini games )

miiguy said:
I own a PS2 and gamecube and have just bought resi 4, never played it before. Also completed Godfather, never played that before either.

Sorry Ciper, you stereotype people too much.
Why did you buy the game for the Wii now? Could you not find anything else to play on the Wii? You've had years to own two different versions of the game for your PS2 and GC. Right now you could have got it for the PC instead of the Wii and got better graphics. I am not stereotyping the other members rather I cannot understand the motivation.

Disagree with my next statement - You had no interest in Resident Evil up to this point.

everybody just IGNORE CIPER

he obviously crying for attention

and his fights are stupid. obviously he just wants attention

I really dont mind him. This is like the only time I have disagreed with him and I only agree with this thread because the what game should I get threads annoy the hell out of me.

ciper said:
Why did you buy the game for the Wii now? Could you not find anything else to play on the Wii? You've had years to own two different versions of the game for your PS2 and GC. Right now you could have got it for the PC instead of the Wii and got better graphics. I am not stereotyping the other members rather I cannot understand the motivation.

Disagree with my next statement - You had no interest in Resident Evil up to this point.

so what now theirs a law against getting interested in games after a while of their release date

-----------------

BTW i only reason i replied to that is because that last sentence was really bothering me.

zeon9881 said:
so what now theirs a law against getting interested in games after a while of their release date .
So why not buy a used copy of the GC/PS2 version for less money?

The people who buy the game encourage developers to continue to screw us and release ports.

The video game industry is a democracy. If you didn't buy these releases they wouldn't exist. I want good original games to play on the Wii.

The shortest way I can explain my posts in this thread is that I'm mad at you for enabling the developers to continue to push out Wii games without effort. Why is that hard to understand?

ciper said:
So why not buy a used copy of the GC/PS2 version for less money?

The people who buy the game encourage developers to continue to screw us and release ports.

The video game industry is a democracy. If you didn't buy these releases they wouldn't exist. I want good original games to play on the Wii.

The shortest way I can explain my posts in this thread is that I'm mad at you for enabling the developers to continue to push out Wii games without effort. Why is that hard to understand?

ha with no effort

you know how naive you are

resident evil 4 was in production for 1 and a half years

you know hard it is to get the controlles better hell its not like your average photoshop you need to compress files so all the controlles fit perfectly
dont underestimate game just cause its a port

hell ive played it for wii and ps2 and i gotta say i love it on wii

on top of that since a average disk can only hold limited amount of GB's they had to compress many files to add the best from GC and PS2

bottom line dont go and start going on about how "nintendo just brang a port to wii" without knowing any facts

i swear you think your mad at me when you dont even know any facts about it

zeon9881 said:
resident evil 4 was in production for 1 and a half years
For the original game maybe. The WII version is the Gamecube version modified to run on the Wii with the extra features of the PS2 version.

you know hard it is to get the controlles better
The control modifications from the GC to the Wii are minor. Lets overestimate that it was 500 man hours, a month of work for 5 people?

on top of that since a average disk can only hold limited amount of GB's they had to compress many files to add the best from GC and PS2
The ISO of the PS2 version of RE4 is 3.3 and 4.3gb
The ISO of the Gamecube version is between 1.3 and 2.5gb
The larger size on the PS2 was because the cut scenes on the GC were using the game engine while the PS2 used prerendered movies (using the gamecube graphics surprising enough)

bottom line dont go and start going on about how "nintendo just brang a port to wii" without knowing any facts
The "best" from GC and PS2 is actually just the PS2 version. Sounds to me like you didn't know the difference between the two

oh trulen yea he PMed me before he made the thread to make sure i wouldnt be mad wait let me go get it

Trulen

Mii Profile
About the "If you need a game come here" thread.

FIRST OFF:
It's nothing bad. You're not in trouble. I know if I was in your place having a mod pm me about a thread I made, I'd instantly think I did something wrong

Well, I got the idea a few days ago to make a thread similar to your thread. Except I'd get some previous info gotten from the "Best game SO far" thread, and tally votes for each game. Then would Catagorize them into : Single-Player, Mulitplayer, and Online sections.

BUT, I wouldn't want to make it without your permission, since it'd be very extremely similar to your thread, except a whole different organization of the games.

I'm just asking you if you wouldn't mind me making said thread, and then having it possibly stickied.

ciper said:
For the original game maybe. The WII version is the Gamecube version modified to run on the Wii with the extra features of the PS2 version.

The control modifications from the GC to the Wii are minor. Lets overestimate that it was 500 man hours, a month of work for 5 people?

The ISO of the PS2 version of RE4 is 3.3 and 4.3gb
The ISO of the Gamecube version is between 1.3 and 2.5gb
The larger size on the PS2 was because the cut scenes on the GC were using the game engine while the PS2 used prerendered movies (using the gamecube graphics surprising enough)

The "best" from GC and PS2 is actually just the PS2 version. Sounds to me like you didn't know the difference between the two

XD i didnt know that (the part were you said 1.3 and 2.5 gb~gamecube)
W/E i quit, you win

yay for you

now get out of this thread and stop causing terrible were their isnt

and dont say i didnt cause any treble

you were arguing about zelda being on the list

you were arguing that games that arnt out shouldnt be on the list even though this thread is to help gamers search for good games

you were arguing about why resident evil 4 is on the list when we both know its STILL a wii game

------------------------------------------------
oh and just that were clear people who HAVN'T resident evil 4..im pretty sure theyy would want it with the best of both systems (ps2,wii) so they would get the wii one

----------------------------------------------------

sry for the double post

Last edited:
From gamespot http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/residentevil4/review.html?sid=6172762&tag=topslot;title;1

"No Wii-specific content."

"There's a very good chance that you've already played Resident Evil 4 on the GameCube or PlayStation 2 (or, heaven forbid, the PC). "

"If by some miracle of chance you haven't played Resident Evil 4 yet, you've got some catching up to do."

"t its core, this is the same Resident Evil 4 that multitudes of players have grown to appreciate."

"But what makes this release so special are the subtle differences wrought by the version's definitive controls. "

"On the other hand, RE4 on the Wii doesn't bring anything new to the visual table, though like the PS2 version, it supports progressive scan and widescreen displays."

First three quotes support my "OMG you never played it" idea.
One, four, five and six support my "its nothing new" idea.

edit: It should be noted that the PC version supports high resolutions

Last edited:
Back