To buy or not to buy...a DS that is

koppaking

WiiChat Member
Oct 2, 2007
I was thinking of buying a DS just not 100 percent sure. Maybe yall can convince me. If so wheres the best place to buy one and how much do they go for.

Also does anyone have any idea where to get a Wii, they are so hard to find now. Luckily I already have one but my friend is looking for one.

There's currently a DS bundle selling in Canada that includes the Crimson and Black system, and a copy of Lego Star Wars II (it was Brainage 2 at release) for $139.99.

I think DS systems are 129 in the US (sans Lego Star Wars)

thanks, i think ive been convinced. does the ds have any sort of personal everyday use. like can you have a calender, address book things of that sort

There are a couple of apps you can buy for your DS. The internet browser is one, and the Media Dock is another, but the best applications by far are homebrew. DSOrganize is one of the best homebrew apps you can get. DSOrganize includes a Calender, Day Planner, Address book, Todo List, Scribble Pad, File Browser, Calculator, IRC chat interface, and a Web Browser. There are also MP3 players and video players, a long with a bunch of other stuff. You'll have to do the research, and see if any of the homebrew apps interest you.

thats whats up. any idea where i can find these homegrown apps.

The DS comes standard (you don't have to pay extra) with a clock/alarm and a calendar. Both are located on the upper-screen on the Main Menu Screen.

FR. said:
The DS comes standard (you don't have to pay extra) with a clock/alarm and a calendar. Both are located on the upper-screen on the Main Menu Screen.

but you cant add calender information..its just there

ericlewis91 said:
but you cant add calender information..its just there
He never asked if you could add information to the calendar, he simply asked if there was one.

im thinking about buying one too, i think gamestop was (not sure if it still is) doing a thing where if you traded in a GBA then you could get the DS for 100 dollars. and another thing is do you have to mod your ds to homebrew? and once you homebrew can you not play retail games like the PSP? and how would you get them onto your system?

Back