To Buy or not to Buy ps3 for Christmas

so are we gonna need three dvd players to watch movies from now on ?

1 for blu ray movies
1 for standard movies
1 for hd movies

wtf

if your in Europe you should wait on tell next year when they release the smaller version but if your in north america wait on tell at lest on tell jun on feb 2008 you don't know if sony might anonce some thing

oh ya and theres rumors that sony might make anothere price drop in early 2008

Last edited:
pcarlinjr said:
oh yeah and harry potter will only be available on HD DVD as well

You must be on crack, Harry Potter has just been giving a release date on Blu-Ray, along with a a box set of 1-5 of all the Harry Potters. As for Transformers, they've hardly made any impact at all on Blu-Ray sales, that and Heroes scratched the Blu-Ray sales, nothing more. Paramount has cost themselves millions by not putting Transformers on Blu-ray and im sure their regretting it now. That said, im pretty gutted i can't get Transformers and Heroes season 1 on Blu-Ray, il make due with an upscaled Dvd version, Hd-dvd is just digging its grave at the moment, 1 shovel of dirt every day.

Oh, and dont double post, thats rule breaking.

im sony fan and i dont want to change to 360 but lots of people told that it is better than PS3 and im really confused now (games that i want to buy 4 PS2 r DIGIMON : DATA SQUAD, SPIDERMAN :FRIEND OR FOES, WWE :SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2008)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, the business and long term viability assessment of BD vs. HD-DVD in this thread is a riot! I guess once you make a decision of one vs. the other you toss logic out the window in support of your chosen format.

FWIW, I suggest anyone interested in more reasonable discussions of the state of HDM, to head over to AVSForum.

On topic: If you've looked at the available games and see titles that interest you, then it seems like a great idea. You get a HDM player (BD), a nice media console, killer game machine, etc. Looks like there's enough crossover and exclusive titles on the PS3 to justify it (though I'd say the same thing about the X360).

The wifey really wanted Zelda and Mario so I scored a WII (admittedly, I'm having fun with it as well) - we both want the next gen RE (and pretty much any Horror Survival type games), so we may eventually pick up an X360 or PS3 (whichever platform seems to offer the most support of that genre). For us it's more about having time to even play! Hahaha, it took us like 5 months to finish God Of War II between travel, work, fun, surfing, boating, etc., etc.

Good luck, I think you'll enjoy the PS3 if you go that direction.

~DT

no, you shouldn't buy a PS3 for Christmas, instead send the money you would have spent to me and I will buy a PS3 and check it out for you and if any good will forward it on to you.

blueovalboy7 said:
Is that a serious question?
Here is, in my opinion, the tip of the iceberg for what we are most likely going to see in the future from all manufacturers.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8203311&type=product&id=1165610378688
Yeah, but doesn't the PS3 already do that? Plus it plays games too, does many things a PC can do, and is also cheaper. A PS3 is obviously something to be had if it can be afforded, it does everything the Wii can't and has a very low failure rate.

PS3 does not play HD-DVD, though it will play the other two formats. I agree with you though, the PS3 is worth it, but I won't get one until their game selection broadens.

Back