To Madden, or not to Madden.....

destijl

WiiChat Member
Dec 11, 2006
London
Wii Online Code
8736-7121-6016-9871
People, I need your advice.

I'm on the brink of buying Madden 07. It's a tempting prospect - good reviews, plenty of play modes, multiplayer etc etc.

BUT, I've never owned an American Football game before and have only a faint understanding of the game. Do you think this will be a problem? Assuming I'm willing to put the hours in will I become an American Football expert? Or is it a bad idea to buy the game?

Let the public decide.

destijl said:
Assuming I'm willing to put the hours in will I become an American Football expert?
Well obviously not an expert in real life, but in the game yes. If you play alot, you're likely to become good at the game. In fact anyone can become a good player if they play alot. ;)

Dammit - I fully believe that my computer game skills translate into real-world abilites - for example I'm just waiting for Ganon to show up to bust him...

Yeah, that's what I reckon - whenever I see any on I like the look of it. I'm just concerned it will be incredibly stat heavy and dense and hence i'll not get into it. But I'm leaning towards it as I need a new game and the only other one I'd consider would be COD3 but that's meant to be quite short & no multiplayer.

I'm more used to the PS2 version, and I love it. I have played the Wii version a couple of times now, and it's quite good. It takes a while to get used to if you're used to PS2/Xbox, but it becomes second nature after a while.

As for learning American Football/NFL, it does help. I mean, I'm a New Zealander, but I learned the basic rules from playing Madden over the years. But nothing compares to watching the real thing. If you're able to watch NFL games, it'll no-doubt help your Madden playing skills.

Cheers people - think I'm gonna take the plunge and splash some mula on it because everyone who owns it seems to think it's good fun.

Never liked sports games, but I have played Madden on Wii and it's a lot of fun. Not sure if it's a keeper, though. Might just try renting it first.

IMO Madden is one of the better games available right now. It is a great fit with the Wii control scheme. Lots-O-Fun 8^)

The owner of this thread is making it sound like the game is $1000 dollars and if it is worth it or not
Its $50
Thats nothing

I'm just concerned it will be incredibly stat heavy and dense and hence i'll not get into it.
Na, everything is simply rated 0-99. Your tackling, passing, speed, etc. I was captain of my high school team and I have friends who never even watch football that can beat me at football games. It would be best if you at least find football interesting, as I cannot stand soccer and thus can't get into the games my friends consider very good soccer games.

wowilookgood said:
The owner of this thread is making it sound like the game is $1000 dollars and if it is worth it or not
Its $50
Thats nothing

Unfortunately for us brits it aint $50 matey. It's £40 which is ~ $80. It's not the cost that's a factor though I just hate buying games which disappoint and try to be selective about what I get.

mothershipconnection said:
I'm just concerned it will be incredibly stat heavy and dense and hence i'll not get into it.
Na, everything is simply rated 0-99. Your tackling, passing, speed, etc. I was captain of my high school team and I have friends who never even watch football that can beat me at football games. It would be best if you at least find football interesting, as I cannot stand soccer and thus can't get into the games my friends consider very good soccer games.

Yeah I'm pretty interested in American Football so I reckon from what people have said it's a pretty good game to get into, even for non-experts.

Back