To Play Gamecube Games You Need a Different Controller?

Swendo64

WiiChat Member
Jan 8, 2008
I recently rented Incredibles Rise of the Underminer for Gamecube after getting a Wii for Christmas, and I put it in, and then both my Wii controlers shut of when it gets to the starting menu. Both are fully charged, so they didn't run out of batteries. I have seen a classic Wii controler and think maybe that I need that...???

You need a gamecube controller in order to play gamecube games. The classic controller does not work for gamecube games.

Swendo64 said:
I recently rented Incredibles Rise of the Underminer for Gamecube after getting a Wii for Christmas, and I put it in, and then both my Wii controlers shut of when it gets to the starting menu. Both are fully charged, so they didn't run out of batteries. I have seen a classic Wii controler and think maybe that I need that...???

and to do a search you need a keyboard, which you apparently have...
or you could use "eyes" and read your owners manual...

And if you want to save, you need Gamecube memory cartridges. You can't save Gamecube stuff to the Wii's internal memory.

Luckily I don't care about using my Wii for anything Gamecube-related, because it'd be a royal pain in the arse.

AceAlabama said:
REPPED :yesnod:
Ahh, sarcasm is appreciated and encouraged from everyone but me. :lol:

Although no doubt if Swendon had been female with some sexy avatar photo of herself, the hoards would have come to defend her and things would've gone quite badly for smyth. ;)

Not talking about you, Ace... no worries. ;)

AceAlabama said:
REPPED :yesnod:

Thanks. I'll be sure to hit you back later.

sremick said:
Ahh, sarcasm is appreciated and encouraged from everyone but me. :lol:

Although no doubt if Swendon had been female with some sexy avatar photo of herself, the hoards would have come to defend her and things would've gone quite badly for smyth. ;)

Not talking about you, Ace... no worries. ;)

Haha you're probably right, i'm willing to take my chances though :lol: And in my opinion, a stupid question is a stupid question no matter who is asking it. I don't mind reading weird, seemingly simple questions but this same one has been answered in a multitude of different threads and could have easily been answered by reading the manual or going to nintendo.com to find it in the tech section. It's just silly, i'm lazy but not that lazy. :lol:

kyle

gamecube discs

:blush2: hi there i got a wii for xmas but just bought a gamecube game with the dance mat call me stupid but the discs are smaller do they still work on the wii without some sort of adapter

prestige said:
:blush2: hi there i got a wii for xmas but just bought a gamecube game with the dance mat call me stupid but the discs are smaller do they still work on the wii without some sort of adapter

haha, this is a joke right? you're just messing with me i hope!!!????:shocked:

if you are actually seriously asking that question, here's the answer...

READ THE OWNERS MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad5:

sremick said:
The answer is right in your manual and on the Nintendo support site. Or available to you if you simply tried putting the disc in to see if it'd work.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/setupGameDisc.jsp

THANK YOU!!!!

I propose that instead of ever helping someone with a question like this, active members shall from now on point the person into the direction of the answer without just telling them the answer like you did. Beautifully done.
It gets ridiculous because (unless s/he was joking) s/he obviously didn't read any of the previous posts. So from now on, we will help n00bs when there question's answer is not so obviously found in the owners manual or by a simple search. Who is with me?

i now have a headache from this thread. Thanks Prestige.

kyle

prestige said:

You are stupid

smyth said:
THANK YOU!!!!

I propose that instead of ever helping someone with a question like this, active members shall from now on point the person into the direction of the answer without just telling them the answer like you did. Beautifully done.
It gets ridiculous because (unless s/he was joking) s/he obviously didn't read any of the previous posts. So from now on, we will help n00bs when there question's answer is not so obviously found in the owners manual or by a simple search. Who is with me?

i now have a headache from this thread. Thanks Prestige.

kyle

Agreed besides if we ever want jobs at Nintendo Customer Service we should probably learn where everything is in the Help and Faq sections anyways... lol

Swendo64 said:

Needing the controller is understandable, but needing the memory card to save is a kick in the teeth. I guess it's all for the best though, 512mb can fill up pretty quickly.

smyth said:
So you've noticed I've been in IT support for a very long time. ;)

Actually, I spoiled him. Normally I'd go a step further and not provide any links, and be like "go to the search box at ______.com, type ________ then look a few matches down for your answer" to drill the point home even better.

sremick said:
So you've noticed I've been in IT support for a very long time. ;)

Actually, I spoiled him. Normally I'd go a step further and not provide any links, and be like "go to the search box at ______.com, type ________ then look a few matches down for your answer" to drill the point home even better.

it seems like everyone on this site with a thread count of 50+ is becoming nintendo tech support :lol:
sounds like a plan to me.
honestly if these questions weren't asked time and time again it wouldn't be that bad. And as for the disc being too small... that was just a stupid question.

kyle

Last edited:
Back