top 10 "must have" accesories advice?

thecount

WiiChat Member
Feb 9, 2007
Hi, I'm due to take stock of a new wii which I guess will be with one nunchuck and remote. Can anyone recommend what their top top accessories would be an why?

I'm guessing I will need to purchase another remote and nunchuck? as I would like to play the tennis game with a friend.

thanks, look forward to your views / advice.

i dunno if it would be made as a top 10...but yeah;

obviously if you want two people to play a game, you will need 2 remotes (so 1 extra one)

my advice would be to get wii play, with the remote, its just a few mini games, but they are pretty decent..

depending on the tv you have, you may want to get a set of component cables, as the picture quality is better with these..

either get some rechargeable batteries for the remotes, or there is a new charging dock accesory coming out very soon, keep your eye on that, as you will go through alot of batteries.

if you are wanting your wii online, then you need to either have a wireless router, or get hold of the nintendo wi-fi usb connector (or there is a LAN adapter if you have a ethernet router)

its not a top 10, but its a few things to take into consideration..

You'll also need a GC controller and memory card if you want to play/save GC games and a classic controller if you want to play VC games that Nintendo did a crappy job of mapping to the GC controller (like Super Mario World).

1. Zelda: TP -A MUST!
2. Excite truck/need for speed (i suggest excite truck)
3. an extra set of the nunchucks* (wiimote and nunchuck)
4. Gamecube games(if you dont already have): Mario sunshine, Zelda wind waker, metriod 2, super samsh bros melee, mariokart doubledash.
5. Wario wares: smooth moves
6. 1 nintendo wavebird controler, and 3 pelican controlers.
7. Mario 64 from virtual console
8. Nintendo gamecube 1000+ memeory card
9. wireless sencor bar (when it comes out)
10. wiimote chareger (when it comes out)

stuff you need.

s-vid cables. or HD cables. whatever you got.
two nintendo gc memory cards.
2 gig sd card.
wireless controlers for gc.
sensor b ar.
wii togo bag.
wiimote charger.

thats about it for now.

thanks guys, very helpful indeed and I think that's me totally skint now for a month

I was actually wondering, is there any way you can extend the sensor without doing a diy job? does anyone do an extender cable you simply plug it into?

Back