Top 10 RPG's of all time

I wouldn't class Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced as a RPG, it's clearly a TBS...

Top ten Non Final Fantasy RPG's that I've played (not that I've dislike Final Fantasy, I just don't whant a list that looks like "top ten final fantasy games")

10:Lufia ruins of Lore ~ A fun little RPG, but nothing special.

9:Golden Sun ~ The first RPG to show what the GBA could do and my RPG of choice when traveling.

8:Fable ~ Certainly a fun RPG, but no amount of fun could make up for the let down I felt that the finished game was no where like the hype had led me to believe.

7:pokemon (metal series) ~ You may hate it and say it's childish but no one can deny it's the second best selling franchise and the metal series was certainly it's pinnacle (thus far)

6:Breath of Fire I ~ Who dosn't like being able to turn into a dragon and stay that way almost indefinately?

5: Diablo II ~ An rpg with great multiplayer and a healthy dash of easter eggs.

4: Breath Of Fire II ~ While your now only a dragon for one turn, I felt this game had much better characters than the first BoF.

3: Phantasy Star II ~ For doing a FF VII before FF VII was released.

2: Dragon Quest VIII ~ Any video game series that has a law banning it being sold on a schoolday has to be good.

1: Knights of The Old Republic ~ Plot twists, replay value, the fate of the universe, lightsabres. This game has it all, simple as.

Honourable Mention: If were alowing tactics games (a la FF Tactics Advance) Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars.

Lord Haku said:
Yeah an RPG would requies your charachter to start from a level 1 or a simliar one and thorugh battles you gain expeirence points and level up gainging new moves along the way and also Link didn't have a party with him like in most RPGS
Actually Zelda is a RPG in a sense learning new moves and a RPG dosnt need to have levels in it but most do.

My favs.

1.Silent Shadows-PC
2.Pokemon-GBA/GBC/GB series
3.Diablo 2-PC
4.Diablo 1-PC
5.KOTOR 2-PC
6.Fable-PC
7.Golden Sun-GBA
8.Maple Story-PC
9.Lord of the Rings:Return of the King-PC(It had partys,levels,new moves etc)
10.Lord of the Rings:The Two Towers-PC(same as RotK)

Last edited:
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced is SO an RPG. You have to choose from a list of what to do, you equip different items and stuff, they have xp, hp, mp-all reasons it qualifies. AND it has a deep story.

As for you, sasuke, i can't believe you put maple story on there. In my opinion, its really not that fun a game. You have to play like 2 hours hitting the same keys while getting KSed... it ain't that great.

crazii_for_wii said:
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced is SO an RPG. You have to choose from a list of what to do, you equip different items and stuff, they have xp, hp, mp-all reasons it qualifies. AND it has a deep story.

It is sort of an RPG. I'd call it a strategy-RPG or something, it seems to be one of those games that mixes the two genres.

Last edited:
Napalmbrain said:
It is sort of an RPG. I'd call it a strategy-RPG or something, it seems to be one of those games that mixes the two genres.

RPSG? Role-Playing Strategy Game perhaps?

crazii_for_wii said:
As for you, sasuke, i can't believe you put maple story on there. In my opinion, its really not that fun a game. You have to play like 2 hours hitting the same keys while getting KSed... it ain't that great.

People have diffrent opinions, Just because you don't like it dosnt mean i have to.

yah the keys do get boring hitting all the time, and in public places its KS after KS

Lord Haku said:
Strange no one put FFX on thre or any ps2 rpgs for that matter oh well nothing against you guys
reason for that is that i dont have a ps2 :) but i have played FF7 but didnt really like it that much

Lord Haku said:
Strange no one put FFX on thre or any ps2 rpgs for that matter oh well nothing against you guys

What about Dragon Quest VIII?

As for FFX... I liked it, but it wasn't as good as some of the previous games. Too short and not enough plot. On the plus side it was a lot better than FFX-2. :D

To short?????????????? Oh that game if played correctly could have about 200 hours you call that short and FFX II is a disgrace to the FF series

Back