May 6, 2007
Ohio
A Top ten list from the March 2009 Game Informer:

10.Ask everyone "r u a girl!?!?!?!?" If yes, follow up with "r u hawt?"
9.Wait Patiently (Whooo!)
8.Watch trailers readily available in better resolution on the internet
7.Dance in celebration of finally getting to play an arcade cabinet
6.Hang out in game-themed rooms instead of playing those games
5.Buy fake furniture for your fake house... but with real money!
4.Have stilted text-only converstaions with other losers
3.Watch Netflix streaming movies while downloading the Central Plaza (on another TV hooked up to xbox live, of course)
2.Try to make a guy that doesn't look like he belongs at a Panic at the Disco concert
1.Log out

even though i like and support the idea of what home is trying to be, i still couldnt help but laugh at this list, because i know its true. Game Informer also had a really cool article on Home and what they are coming out with and the general plans for Home in 2009. Its looking like they are good for all the promises they made for home like streaming videos or music as well as all the other absent features we were promised months ago.

home is useless... at least so far.

its just like a god damn facebook/bebo/othersimilarlyannoyingsocialnetworking but on a games console.

you have to laugh at the points they make as they are true to how pointless home is.

(i am not fully aware on the 'plans' for home, so maybe it will soon serve an actual purpose)

Yeah, Home is not nearly as good as it could have been. When you watch the videos from 2 years ago and compare them to what Home is now, you realize that they spent the last 2 years doing nothing more than removing features. Home HAD trophies, a trophy room, a HUGE theater, Pool tables available for apartments, working TV's, picture frames, and radios. Now they are ALL missing.

Although I completely agree on the somewhat uselessness of Home, it is SO much fun going round with your mate just messing around. I can't even explain it, it's just funny. Going round messing about with people, running away from our other friends, talking random **** with random people, dancing in front of people making them flip so they threaten to come and find me in real life and break my legs. It's just comedy.

It's still pointless like. Although the Red Bull Air Race is pretty decent actually.

Yeah, Home is not nearly as good as it could have been. When you watch the videos from 2 years ago and compare them to what Home is now, you realize that they spent the last 2 years doing nothing more than removing features. Home HAD trophies, a trophy room, a HUGE theater, Pool tables available for apartments, working TV's, picture frames, and radios. Now they are ALL missing.

you are forgetting HOME is still in open beta. all the things they promised are still on the way according to them. they think by the end of 09 home will be where they want it to be, and still growing.

personally, i think needing another year is bullshit. theyve already had like 2.

still just a glorified facebook.

i hate facebook.

Yes, it is a social networking service. That's not an insult you gave there, you just stated a fact. You made it sound like it was trying to be a game and you think its just like facebook lol.

Myspace has chatrooms, games, videos, and your own "space" so does Home lol. its just a lot more fun to physically walk around and everything.

I went on Home for the first few days after it was released. That's it.

I personally think that it is such a waste of time. Sony should have directed their time and resources elsewhere.

I read this list as well. I'm starting to LOVE gameinformer for this stuff. They have a little feature in the beginning about Home and they bash it later.

I read this list as well. I'm starting to LOVE gameinformer for this stuff. They have a little feature in the beginning about Home and they bash it later.

lol they have to. home is basically a joke right now considering all the stuff they promised on launch. i think the only reason they are calling it a beta is so they can get away with the launch they did. left too much crap out.

Home is pretty good if you want to hang out and chat with people you don't know. It's fun. But then it gets boring.

Back