Top 5 reasons SSBB may suck

The poor things that this team could come up with show just how good this game is going to be, guys.

too many zealots around here. MUST SQUELCH THE NAY SAYERS OF BRAWL!!! if the person who made that article was only looking for attention he gets an A because most of you bought it hook line and sinker.

buffdaily247 on 2/8/2008 11:07 pm
I knew that writing this article would award me with tons of negative attention. That comes with the territory. But in writing this article, it wasn't my goal to say...hey everyone...Smash is going to suck. Instead, it was to present a different viewpoint than the rest of the Internet, even this website. If you come here regularly, then you know we pimp Smash hardcore. In fact, I write most of the Smash articles. Do I think Smash is going to suck? No. I think it's going to be sweet. BUT...it's always good to take a step back, avoid the hype and just look at something from a more critical angle. That's the whole point of debating...to somehow make an argument, sometimes even when you think otherwise. That's the challenge. Naturally, it draws a lot of negative heat, but that's the price you pay. I now return you to your regularly scheduled Smash coverage. ;)

Well I think its better to prove the person who wrote that article with idiotic reasons wrong and emd up giving him attention than to not say anything and basically agree with his logic. At least thats my opinion on the article

If someone makes a stupid article/point it should be pointed out and brought to reality, wether or not it gives them attention. Which I think it was a stupid article because the reasons don't hold water like a cloudless rain.

But the major difference is 4 out of 5 of his reasons are totally personal opinions, not fact. The other one is not even a valid reason.

If you notice anything, I repeat anything, in a game that could be good or bad is total personal thought, (unless the game has a destructing problem, like a glitch that screws the entire game to worthlessness), and thats why some of us disband the article with our logic, and others commend the article with their logic, it's all opinion, just like republicans and democrats, its an endless argument.

Last edited:
cyberzomby said:
Lets face it: You are die-hard smashbrosh fanboys!

oh wow...one would almost think this is a smash bros. forum with all these fanboys in here.

Seriously though, it's not like we're ignoring the bad points of the game...I've seen players, and been one of them, complaining about this and that, but the fact is that a perfect game will not exist (except maybe tetris, wicked addictive).

A game sucks when there's absolutely nothing that keeps you playing it, not when there's five "drawbacks" to it. Hence, this game will never suck for us fanboys in this forum.

those are all weak, not everyone cares about voice chat, i dont.
no power rankings are going to make online better becuase now you wont have stupid ppl quiting because they are losing and dont want there record ruined.

anax4aero said:
oh wow...one would almost think this is a smash bros. forum with all these fanboys in here.

A game sucks when there's absolutely nothing that keeps you playing it, not when there's five "drawbacks" to it. Hence, this game will never suck for us fanboys in this forum.

What great sarcasm :lol:

I don't even consider it five drawbacks for me, I only consider one as a drawback.

i should check the sales of the wii b4 and after brawl comes out in america and it will be big because brawl will be great

anax4aero said:

Just like Lugia said:

too many zealots around here

Ok maybe not in your mind but in the other's in here theres just no room for anything negative!

Even if some of those negative points alter the way online play is meant to be played ( display nicknames, ranking etc etc )

I mean seriously! What point is it to go online against random opponents? In strikers it was fun! Oh noes! DarkKni11ght! Hes good! But in Brawl? You havent got a clue! Might as well be bots your playing! ( wich is possible because of the player drop out function )

@lloyd_yayo

You wont even know your playing online! No nicknames, players get replaced by freakin computers when they drop out of the game. Without you knowing it! For all you know you have been playing bots right from the start and havent even connected to the internet! ( Nintendo Conspiracy theory :p )

Last edited:
Bran said:
do u guys think brawl is going to be sold out right away

It'll depend on where you live too. Some places get a huge supply and other places don't get as many copies. And also there will be places with few gamers.

Have you bought popular games on their release dates? If you have, because it should be around the same amount of people. take Halo 3 for example, if there were a lot of people getting up at 2AM and there were lines and such, expect SSBB to be sold out in your area quick. But SSBB probably won't be as popular as Halo 3 so expect fewer people than the halo 3 launch.

Back