Celestial

WiiChat Member
Feb 13, 2007
London, England
Wii Online Code
3049-9371-2306-9680
Right, I have a Toshiba A100 Satellite Pro
Model #: PSAACE-008002EN

I'm thinking about upgrading the RAM/Memory, someone said to add 1gb ram to it, which would make one slot 512mb and the other 1gb.

Now I'm wondering the maximum memory I can have for this laptop.

Apparantly I need PC2-4200 memory, so I searched for it and found this:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-096-CR&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=697

But I'm not sure if my laptop can use 4gb memory, apparantly some have maximum of 2gb. Can someone help please?

Also, the laptop uses a ATI Mobility Radeon X1400, is it possible to upgrade this memory card? Or is this memory card even good?

Last edited:
lol I will take you! I promise, only for a week though, just need to get the £3,000, was it?

You might be right since the model I chose on toshibas site is a satelite pro a100 but not exactly yours. What applications are you planning to use? I would be willing to bet you 10$ you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 1.5gb and 4gb.

The memory you posted in the first link won't work. You need SO-DIMMs

The link you posted to toshiba's site doesn't work.

The Radeon X1400 is so so for a laptop video card. You will be able to play older games at good resolution. Look at this site http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobility-Radeon-X1400.2165.0.html

Celestial said:
lol I will take you! I promise, only for a week though, just need to get the £3,000, was it?

Yes it was, and I don't blame you getting a laptop, it'll be good for all that... whatever you do... at sixth form. The memory on my computer is running out and I don't even have enough to upgrade MSN regularly, it just depends if you want a damn bloody load of videos on your computer... And StepMania >_<

Specifications don't really mean anything to me, I barely understand computers/laptops, I'm planning on playing Gears of War when it comes out on PC.. but I wanna know if my Graphic card will at least be able to handle it at a lower resolution.

So I need this one?

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=629B2251A5CA7304

The other link works for me, not sure why it's not working for you but it's okay, it shows the actual model and it says

System memory
standard : 512 MB
maximum expandability : 4,096 MB
technology : DDR2 RAM (533 MHz)

And nooo Froggy, I had the laptop a while ago, but I could sell it to get money to take you to Seychelles if you really want me to?

Yes that crucial ram will work. The price isnt bad either!

The other link doesnt work because its session based and only you can access it.

Oh right, that would make sense, but that one's only 1gb :( I want moreeee! My laptop is seriously slow lately... Will I notice an improvement with an extra 1gb?

I assumed you are on XP but are you running Vista? With XP you will see a good improvement with an extra gig and with Vista you will see a HUGE improvement.

Have you done the other normal stuff to speed the system up? MSconfigAdaware, Spybot and O&O?

I'm using XP, might upgrade to Vista next year or something, I don't even know the differences between XP and everything else, I just got it this way...

Well thank you very much Miss Braschlosan!

Nope :) I used a system scan on a site and it said theres one 512mb and one empty slot, I haven't actually checked, scared I'll do something wrong

If you plan to switch to Vista realize most games are 10-15% slower. Also it uses more ram so that 1.5gb will be necessary.

I say stick with XP for now because there are some programs/games that dont even work with Vista. If you really want to take advantage of the new ram let me know when you get it and Ill tell you two registry keys that will make it even faster.

I suggest getting O&O degrag and configuring it to use the layout.ini file and run a "by modified" defrag. This will speed up disk access considerably over the crap built in defragger.

Back