Toshiba TV with no Component..best option?

thebazel

晴寿
Dec 13, 2007
Japan
I have a Toshiba 32inch Regza with practically every video input except component inputs (I live in Japan where component isn't too fashionable.) I'm running the (Japanese if it matters) Wii on the supplied composite cables and was wondering what the best option for me is to get the best video. I did the SVideo cable upgrade for my PS2 so I know going from composite to SVideo won't do much. But with no component inputs do I have any other choice? Can I convert composite or SVideo to component and plug it into my TV some how? Will it make a difference or will converting it not even be worth it? Any ideas or suggestions for how to get the most video quality out of my setup?

Here is an English site with the TV in case it is needed:
http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/lcd/0,239035307,339280199,00.htm

yo fo reel. yo you cant b convertin to da component. you cant b frontin on 480p doo. dat aint cool. dat junk ain gone werk homeh.

you does b needin to juss cheel wit da setup you has. if you duz buy da svid cable, yo junk will look betta butt den you is gone b stuck wit dem junks if you is gonna end up gettin component lata.

hi def tvs is gettin cheep. jus upgrade lateon.

u cood also try to git a hi def tv with a tube up in der. day is cheapa den da flat screens. dat is what i has and it b runnin up to 1080i. it wuz only bout 350. it b maid by rca playa

galaxy be lookin hot doo!!!

thebazel said:
What about D cables? I'm sorry I'm not sure what it is called in English but these are them. http://www.amazon.co.jp/任天堂-2031340..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1197584335&sr=8-1

Would these allow me to play in progressive scan mode?

yo dose is vga cables. i isnt aware dat dose came out. yo yu can plug yo wii into da monitor of yo computer if you has an lcd monitor wit dat input, den you can b using dat cable. it b the regular monitor cable, but you has to make sure dat your monitor cable comes out da monitor so you can put dat cable into it playa.

thebazel said:
I have a Toshiba 32inch Regza with practically every video input except component inputs (I live in Japan where component isn't too fashionable.) I'm running the (Japanese if it matters) Wii on the supplied composite cables and was wondering what the best option for me is to get the best video. I did the SVideo cable upgrade for my PS2 so I know going from composite to SVideo won't do much. But with no component inputs do I have any other choice? Can I convert composite or SVideo to component and plug it into my TV some how? Will it make a difference or will converting it not even be worth it? Any ideas or suggestions for how to get the most video quality out of my setup?

Here is an English site with the TV in case it is needed:
http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/lcd/0,239035307,339280199,00.htm

I see that model Toshiba is an Aussie spec set (I'm in the US) - I have a good handle on US spec inputs (not so much non-US).

That being said:

When you set the Wii for EDTV (Nintendo parlance for 480P), it's going to output component analog through the video port.

If there was some component level compatible port (like some kind of D-sub), there might be an adapter (of course it's much more costly to do a A->D switchover, etc.)

These folks:

http://www.gefen.com

have a number of port converters and switchers.

Also from your link I see it doesn't spec anything other than 2 HDMI ports - Gefen does make a pricey component -> HDMI/DVI but that's probably a lot of time and cost for very little improvement.

dedpoet777 said:
yo dose is vga cables. i isnt aware dat dose came out. yo yu can plug yo wii into da monitor of yo computer if you has an lcd monitor wit dat input, den you can b using dat cable. it b the regular monitor cable, but you has to make sure dat your monitor cable comes out da monitor so you can put dat cable into it playa.

My tv does have a D4 input so that's not the issue, it's how big the improvement would be. Reading the Amazon reviews of the product it does allow progressive scan but most users say you should have at least D2 for it to be a big improvement. I have D4 so anyone out there with any experience on D video compared to say composite?

Well through my own research I've realized D端子 is component signal carrier and so my problems should be solved. Sorry for bringing my Japanese electronics problems here and if my English was ever hard to understand.
Thank you again.

Back